Universe Galvatron Question

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by chaosbringer_00, Feb 19, 2008.

1. chaosbringer_00

chaosbringer_00 I am indescribable.

I'm a little bit confused here, but I can't find the answer I want in the mess of info from Toyfair. So I must ask: are we also getting Galvatron as an Ultra? I could have sworn that at some Hasbro panel or another (Comic-con, perhaps?), when they were talking about what would be in Universe, didn't they say that he was going to be in the "new" Ultra class? I know that the panel I'm thinking of is the one where we saw the design sketches for Universe Sunstreaker and then Octane/now Tankor.

And on a related note, I thought that Sideswipe was also in a design sketch...so is he confirmed as a deluxe? I recall reading something along the lines that he'd look a lot like 'Streaker in car mode but TF differently...

Thanks in advance for any help.

2. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    From what we know Galvatron was origionally planned as an Ultra, but as we can see, has been changed to a Deluxe. It was quite some time ago that we got the info of him being planned as an Ultra, so there was definetly enough time for that to change. As for Sideswipe, he is confirmed. Basically what Sunstreakers Back is, will be Sideswipe's chest. There is a little bit of retooling involved, but nothing that Hasbro can't easily handle (they've designed the toy to easily be converted from one to the other). Other than the transformation difference, Sideswipe will also have a new head, and apparently a different weapon. I've seen a picture of Sunstreaker from the back, and Sideswipe is going to look pretty cool, imo. It's not very likely, but we could likely see 2 new Galvatron's in the line. One Deluxe and one Ultra. Like I said, very unlikely, but it would definetly be cool. I would even buy both of them (my Titanium RID Optimus Prime still needs a Decepticon to fight after all).

3. Nerdling

Nerdling Jiminy Jilikers!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah it's highly unlikely they'd do 2 Galvatrons for this line. I'm not getting him since I already have Energon Galvatron.

4. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

The #1 figure I was looking forward to in 2008 was the Classics *ULTRA* Galvatron. When I read that he's going to be a crappy deluxe almost identical to the green Megatron it felt like I got kicked in the nuts.

Energon Galvatron is one of the most awesome Transformers ever made so I doubt they would be able to do better anyway.

5. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Other than both turning into tanks, I don't see any similarities between this Galvatron and the Tank Megatron we got in Classics 1.0 (even their tank modes don't look anything alike). Also, and I don't mean to start an argument by saying this or anything, but I think you're taking Galvatron as a Deluxe a bit too personal. It's just a toy, not the end of the world here.

6. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

i bet i am in the majority here, but i like the deluxe galvatron. plus it'll be about the same size as rodimus, which looks out of place already, with out a galvatron, or some one else from that area to display with, but now that we will have galvatron, tanker, and onslaught, we will finally have not one, but three transformers from that area to go with rodimus.

besides a tank isn't all THAT much different from a cannon...
    but then again, no one is ever happy with what ever hasbro brings out any more...

7. Nerdling

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No I dont think you're in the majority. But I do agree with you, at least as tank molds go, he's much better than the Megs Tank from the Classics 2 pack.

Yes it is, and see my "Should I get Scourge" thread :) 

8. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I'm gonna buy two. One to kitbash into a proper cannon.

9. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    While there are clear differences between the two, I personally think that a tank is a good replacement for G1 Galvy's alt-mode.

10. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

nah, a tank is just a cannon on wheels, isn't it?

11. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    There won't be an Ultra Galvatron. They went with deluxe, which is fine considering Classic Rodimus and Titanium Ultra Magnus, Scourge and Rodimus Prime. And the Fallen, if I want to do the whole "Heralds of Unicron" thing. And his robot and tank modes are very well done. I see the tank mode as an upgrade to his "weapon platform with treads" G1 altform.

But G1 Galvatron was a triple-changer. His blaster mode, rarely seen in the fiction, was my favorite mode of the toy. Energon Shockwave actually has a closer pair of alt-modes to the original Galvatron. I'll buy him and like him, but I won't WUV Galvy.

12. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Personally, I think it would have been a much better idea to have Galvatron as an Ultra than either Powerglide or Onslaught (higher profile character/name to both collectors and kids, Electronic lights/sounds would be well suited to it), but I can roll with it. My 'personal universe' for Classics toys might not have a Galvatron in it though.

It does make me wish the Takara "Galvatron G" toy was released in Hasbro Energon Galvatron colors, however. :) 

13. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    I also agree that he could've worked better as an ultra, come on people! It's galvatron!

14. Nerdling

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm actually ok with it. Energon Galvatron should be able to punk Classics Hot Rod, not because he's bigger, but because he hasnt gone "Prime" yet :lol 

15. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

I think Classics/Universe Galvatron looks great, but he won't be my 'Classics' Galvatron. I think he'll hang out with the Titaniums, since he fits in there size-wise very nicely.

16. Counterpunch?

Counterpunch? Interior Renovator

Ebay:
    Universe Galvatron better drink some milk and grow up before he gets a release if he wants Energon Galvatron to move over on my shelf.

17. butz

butz slippery when wet

Eh, I hate Energon Galvatron. This figure may be a little too small, but I otherwise like the looks of him. I can make do with him being only a deluxe, better than I could if he was too large.

18. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

I'm only complaining about 1 or 2 figures, NOT the entire line. I like most of what Hasbro brings out but this is totally unacceptable.

Classics Galvatron is supposed to be an update to the original G1 *LASER CANNON* Galvatron. But instead he looks like an upgrade to the green Megatron tank. Follow me?

G1 Sunstreaker=Yellow Lamborghini, Classics Sunstreaker=yellow Lamborghini
    G1 Prowl = sporty police car, Classics prowl = Sporty police car
    G1 Powerglide = A-10 Warthog, Classics Powerglide = A-10 Warthog
    G1 Octane (I'm not calling him Tankor)= tankertruck/plane, Classics Octane= tanker truck/plane
    G1 Galvatron = futuristic laser cannon, Classics Galvatron = WTF?????
    G1 Onslaught = flatbed military truck, Classics Onslaught = WTF???
    G1 Blaster=boom box, Classics Blaster= Dear God I feel sooo sorry for Blaster fans! You guys really got the worst of it.

See? This is what I hate about the TF fans. No matter what Hasbro throws at us you guys will eat it up. Even if it's something as insane as giving a classic G1 character a completey different alt mode. There's never going to be a line where the fans say "okay, this isn't acceptable Hasbro, you need to fix this." Hasbro is going to keep on throwing repaints at us like Classics Blaster because the fans will bend over & take it every single time. Even if Hasbro repainted Cohrada & called it Galvatron you guys would love it & find some way to justify a Galvatron cobra (oooh, he's kinda got the same crown looking head as G1 Galvatron so this works for me!). This is insane, half the Classics line are updates to the classic/vintage toys & the other half are just "classic" names.

But go ahead, enjoy your dinky little deluxe tank thing that has nothing to with Galvatron. Keep on supporting Hasbro's ridiculous decisions. If the fans aren't gonna let Hasbro know when they screw up then who will?

I'm with you! Classics Onslaught is gonna hang out with my Cybertron Defense Team. Most of the characters in Cybertron became Autobots near the end anyway, so he fits in better with my Cybertron collection than my classics.

19. aussiehippy

aussiehippy Au contraire, Blackadder.

Ebay:
    Wow, a bit too much vitriol there.

You know that saying "You can't please everyone all of the time"? It's very true, and worth bearing in mind before getting worked up about a couple of aspects of TOYS that you aren't keen on.

You know, there's quite a few toys been released recently that I don't particularly care for. I just don't buy them, I don't feel the need to spew hatred for them and Hasbro all over these boards as well. That's because I think that other members here then might consider me a) boring, b) hateful c) a prat.

Just saying.

20. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    Dude, Galvatron's G1 altmode had treads (ie was designed for moving). The first Galvatron was a 'spacey' cannon (as in old school, Napoleonic Era Cannon). In modern times, cannons have been replaced on the battlefield by tanks. Ergo, Galvatron tranforms into a tank for his updated form.

The whole point of classics is not to take G1 toys and add articulation. It's to update the characters in most cases. Prowl was a Datsun... now he's a Nissan 350Z. Bumblebee was a VW... now he's a... well contemporary hatchback. Glavatron was a cannon. Now he's a tank. Makes sense to me.

I mean honestly. Go and buy a G1 Galvatron, hack some joints off any contemporary figure, affix them to G1 Galvatron, and voila... You'll be happy. I mean you won't really have achieved anything, or have done anything original, but hey, achieving things and being original aren't what blind geewun love is bout!