Universe Cyclonus Questions

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by GreenScream, Apr 28, 2008.

1. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    i too cant wait for cyclonus...and hound...they are gonna rule...

2. Quantum

Quantum Oh good

I hadn't heard about these guys, so I'm super-happy. Cyclonus and Galvy. Now I'll have to find a Titanium Scourge.

And Hound. Ahh Hound. Always one of my favorites, never had him as a kid, and Binaltech Hound is the bot that got me collecting as an adult. Can't wait for this one! And with Ravage!? How sweet is that?

3. Thunderthruster

Thunderthruster Autobot Supersoldier

News Credits:
    actually now that they're doing deluxe cyclonus and galvertron, i'm hoping we'll get to see a scourge to go with them!

4. IronicHide

IronicHide MEME GO HERE

Completely agree with Noisemaze that the Decepticon jets should be bigger, both to fit in scale and be generally bad ass.

Octane is a deluxe cargo ship and Powerglide is an Ultra? (Though PG will be mine, he rules.)
    Cyclonus, is still a big want for me, I'm just sad that he's the same size as (my movie) Cliffjumper.
    Then we get on to Galvatron, Lugnut, Bonecrusher, Blackout... The 'cons have really been shafted.

Completely agree with Shroobmaster and Raven about why, though.

At least a big Starscream, Blitzwing, Lockdown and Megatron in TFA have adjusted the balance. I await Shockwave.

5. butz

butz slippery when wet

Since it's been brought up, any word on how G1-ish Hound is? I saw something about him not having "alligator arms"... what else beyond that? Does his alt mode have a roof now? Head look the same? Headlights on chest?

6. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Usually hero toys sell better to kids than villian toys. So that's why you have bigger, more expensive hero toys than villian toys in most toylines, unless there's some reason why the villian needs to have a bigger (or biggest) toy.

7. GreenScream

GreenScream Neo G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Thanks bro! :thumbs2: 

I don't have a problem with Cyclonus being a deluxe, he'll fit in fine next to Starscream and Astrotrain. I got beef with how small Galvatron is though, probably end up passing on him altogether.

As for the color, I would've preferred him being toon accurate. Maybe TakTomy will paint him up in a lighter purple blueish color for the Henkei line.

8. wheeljack01

wheeljack01 Happiness is a warm gun

(Since it's been brought up, any word on how G1-ish Hound is? I saw something about him not having "alligator arms")... Whats alligator arms?

9. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I eagerly await Cyclonus. I had the original TM version but traded it to a friend for Optimus. Little did I know then that Cyclonus would be harder to find 20 years later. I like (and still have) Op but miss Cyclonus.

10. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I'm curious about this too. While I'm looking forwad to both, I'm definetly looking forwad to Hound more, as I really like WWII Jeeps (would love to buy one and fix it up sometime).

11. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

I'm guessing it refers to the fact that G1 Hound has tiny little stubby arms, like the little legs of a 'gator. So his new incarnation has decent-length arms.

Another reason for keeping the Seekers as Deluxes would be the homage factor. Take a G1 Seeker. Take a Classics Seeker. Stand 'em next to each other, they're pretty much the same size. I also agree that it's far more feasible to sell three (or six) Deluxes than the same number of Voyagers.

I'm liking everything I'm hearing about this Cyke, from the design to the colour; and an articulated Nightstick? Tasty.

12. Acidophilus

Acidophilus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm very happy about the news of a Universe Classics Cyclonus. That was one of my most wanted Classics. I love the fact that it is a deluxe. In fact I wish Powerglide, and Silverbolt, were deluxes. I like the idea of Onslaght being a large Decepticon though.

I would just prefer most of them be at the deluxe scale, I have always liked the robot modes to be roughly the same scale, a few expections of couse.

Anyway Deluxe is perfect for Cyclonus, I would be disappointed if he was larger the Galvatron.

I would like to see a new Scourge. I have two of the Titanium versions, and they look more like sweeps to me. They need a leader.