Universe Constructicons ARE COMING!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Nevermore, Jan 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

There's no doubt about the fate of Overbite and Repugnus! They'll be on the shelves right alongside the Constructicons, as said during last year's (man, 2005 flew by) Botcon. Lack of in-box pictures now does not equal no future release for them.

2. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:

I doubt that those costs are anything near what's required to make them profitable online. Dropped/damaged units can't be any significant amount, or else they would be packaged differently. Additionally I don't see how Hasbro's going to pay for, or care much about a store's losses past their point of sale. Sure a store has to cover those costs, and that consumers pay for that in some way, but it can't be nearly enough to make or break a deal.

3. Tman978

Tman978 CHILL REVIEWER

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I like the box art. If these were bought for me I might leave em in the box.

4. OptimusTattoo

OptimusTattoo Banned

Am I missing something? But is this not just a repaint? I'm holding the same thing in my hand right now and it's yellow....I have the multi colored one in my display case....

5. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Has anyone here, besides me, noticed how most of Target's TF exclusives are Decepticons?

Case in point... Magmatron, Nemesis Prime, now Universe Constructicons and Overbite w/Repugnus. :peoples: 

6. OptimusTattoo

OptimusTattoo Banned

you're right. awesome observation

does that mean that Target is evil?

7. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yeah it's a repaint, it's in Universe which is nothing but repaints. This is just the more logical one to look like G1 Devastator instead of being all yellow like G2.

8. Foster

Foster Haslab Unicron Backer #10 Veteran

News Credits:
    The Yellow one is an Autobot team as well. This is Decepticon. Not the same thing at all.

9. OptimusTattoo

OptimusTattoo Banned

yeah but when you have the original gen one devastator in your display case you kinda go .........nahhhhhh

at least add two more bots and make it six
    sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh

10. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Botbots Encyclopedia

News Credits:
    No, it just means they always get the cool exclusives.

11. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Did Hasbro actually confirm that Overbite/Repugnus would be a Target exclusive supposed to come out together with the Constructicons, or did we all just assume that because they were displayed side by side? I failed to spot any info cards identifying the purpose in front of the packaging for Overbite/Repugnus displayed at BotCon in every photo gallery between TFW2005, Allspark, TFormers and TFU.info.

12. SKowl

SKowl Rubber Golem

Maybe the U-Overbite/Repugnus set is still on hold like the Seacons. After reading Nevermore's post, I also went to check out photos from Botcon trying to see the little card that was displayed in front of the beast 2-pack, but I couldn't find any. And the many Botcon reports I've read make no mention of the set being released as a Target exclusive like the RiD constructicons. Even though many assume that this is the case. Has there been any official word on the figures?

Maybe they're still in limbo like the Seacons? Hopefully, the set has been picked up by Target, and they're simply releasing one set at a time. Build team first, Overbite/Repugnus second, and maybe the Seacons third (hopefully).

13. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Botbots Encyclopedia

News Credits:
    I thought Aaron Archer mentioned them all coming out at Target in passing at the Hasbro panel, though this is admittedly going by my memory on something that happened almost four months ago.

14. Backpack

Backpack G1 forever.

Conserning the Seacons... Seeing as they have to streatch out the Cybertron line, why can't they just send them out as Cybertron figures?

15. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    They still need to find a store willing to stock them regardless.

16. SKowl

SKowl Rubber Golem

Maybe stores would be more willing to stock them if they were part of the mainline, instead of some dying line of repaints that only sells at Target stores. An interesting idea, I'm sure Hasbro has probably given it some consideration.

Here's hoping the Constructicons are a hit at Target stores, itll give the line a little more life.

17. Midnight Studio

Midnight Studio Banned

Damn Target Exclusives. Boy does that suck. Now we miss out on them again.

18. OptimusTattoo

OptimusTattoo Banned

that was a joke, I did not think anyone would really answer that lol :stick: 

19. Foster

Foster Haslab Unicron Backer #10 Veteran

News Credits:
    That's not true here, I have geewun, HOC and Universe Micro Devastator, and they all fall flat next to the build team, the best construction vehicle combiner set EVAH! You kinda go.......... YEAHHHHHHHHHH!!!

20. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

You're right about the filecards, but that was what I recall being posted during Botcon. There's other reasons to believe they'll still be released, of course:

1) Universe "Ultras" ship three to a case, and I believe even Nemesis Prime, the last Target Universe exclusive, did - what's supposed to ship with these guys, or do you believe Hasbro would do the unthinkably stupid and have a case with 2x one combiner pair and not the others?

...don't answer that. :) 

2) All the online store listings (sans HTS, not the greatest source of info anyway) included Overbite/Repugnus with the Constructicons. All three listings were pulled from those sites. Hasbro was likely manufacturing the sets either way, why fail to include one of them with the others?

3) Th first of the packaged samples from the lost U-Ultras was none other than Overbite/Repugnus, and from the same source that one of the Constructicons came from as well. They were in the older Universe packaging, yes, but to go that far in production to disappear now?

4) The person auctioning said Overbite/Repugnus packaged sample - do you recall what he said they came from? They were sent to a distributor Hasbro was shopping them around to, something to that effect. And someone mentioned the seller's location was not far from Target HQ... all that should still be archived in the Overbite/Repugnus news thread, if you wish to check.

5) Again, I could swear something at least verbal came out of Botcon referring to the set. I'm clearly not the only one under that impression.

If my strong belief we'll see the shark and bug alongside the Constructicons is based merely on assumption, at least it's a damn logical one. In any case, their release is around the corner, and that's not including potential for a new packaged sample to show up soon.

Oh... and if Hasbro makes me look like an idiot about all this and DOES pull a stunt like not release the two... vengeance shall be brutal. :ev:  (Pfft, I'd cry myself to sleep for want of those two...)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.