Universe Classics?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by SergeantJack, Mar 23, 2010.

1. SergeantJack

SergeantJack Sargebot

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but I can't seem to find any word on it. Is the Universe Classics line finished? It's been a while since we've seen anything other than Animated or ROTF stuff come out. Did they pull the plug on the best line ever?

2. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    It's being continued later this year as "Generations," a line that is supposed to only consist of deluxes. However, the Movie line is having its name changed to just "Transformers" and is going to be less strict about continuity, which means it's going to feature toys like Seaspray; he's a voyager so he won't be in Generations, but instead he's in a line that follows no set continuity, so he might as well still be a Classic. I think we can expect to find more Seaspray type figures in the TF2010 line to make up for Generations lack of size classes.

3. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    This!

4. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i am not liking these changes- it creates confusion and i can't wait for parents to block the aisles just staring and trying to figure out what their kids really asked for.

but as long as we are still getting Classics/Universe themed figures, i'll just roll with it.

I just have one question, though. Why is it that when we go 2 weeks without a news report, a toy line is considered dead or on its way out?

5. SergeantJack

SergeantJack Sargebot

Well, in my own defense, I haven't seen any news reports on this at all, so I just didn't know. But I'm happy to hear that we haven't been shut out.

I really don't like ROTF, and Animated is meh. It's good to think that we'll get some Classics back on the shelves.