Universe 25th Anniversary Optimus Prime Out in the U.S

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by all are dead, Oct 18, 2008.

1. Enigma2K2

Enigma2K2 Robot In Disguise TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    On'y reason I would... and are they new voice clips, or did they just repaint the G2 voice box?

...HOLY SHI... SOLD!!!!!!

2. Scourgatron

Scourgatron 4D Smart-ass

News Credits:
    mtmte

3. hereisevil1

hereisevil1 Well-Known Member

colton walmart in california has nine more i just bought one

4. EnergonRusH

EnergonRusH Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I saw around eight of these suckers stacked on top of the shelves. Found them at the Walmart in Anaheim California. I looked at one of them closely and noticed that the color isn't all that good. The paint job on that voicepod thingy looks shabby. Overall its a big pass very, especially because of those smoke stacks. Don't be a sucka, save your money!

5. VAwitch

VAwitch G1 GeekGirl

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    As others have said - that price is a bit steep - though it looks like a nice set. But since I still have my complete 1984 OP, signed by Cullen - i'm a happy collector.

6. VAwitch

VAwitch G1 GeekGirl

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :thumb  :lolol 

7. Mega-con

Mega-con Autocon

Ebay:
    Yeah, I found a couple yesterday and put it back when I price checked it at 69.99. :thumbdown 

8. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can't wait to get a shinny new Optimus..and return the old broke one to walmart. lol hehe

9. Mega-con

Mega-con Autocon

Ebay:
    :thumb 

10. Tim Formas

Tim Formas Old Man Veteran

News Credits:
    I had an Illinois sighting today, so it looks like these things are pretty well distributed already. Or at the very least, at least east of the Mississippi now.

11. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

People like you ruin it for the rest of us.

How disgusting, you should be ashamed, but I know you're not. I hope the Wal-Mart service desk is able to tell the difference and they kick you out of the store, after beaning you in the head with your broken Optimus.

You deserve it.

12. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I couldn't agree more. Anyone who participates in this practice is some of the lowest form of scum. And don't try to give me that 'it's only Walmart and they deserve it' crap. Because who you rip off and how you try to justify it doesn't mean a damn thing.

13. Mega-con

Mega-con Autocon

Ebay:

[​IMG]

14. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
  15. Xformermike

Xformermike LAZY

already have the original comic... already have the original toy... not feeling much of a pull from the autobot symbol incentive...............................

........ can't complain though! Those new toys look awesome, the new hotshot, dinobot, cheetor etc etc... i don't really care about this, but the other stuff easily makes up for it the lack of imagination that is this product.

16. Scourgatron

Scourgatron 4D Smart-ass

News Credits:
    What you do is return the broken Optimus to the store and tell them the product came fucked up so the product doesnt end up back on the shelf or is sold as an AS IS product on clearance.

I bought a Movie Ironhide once at Target for 5 bucks "As is" it was missing his driver's side door. So I went to Walmart and bought one new and returned it. they put it on the clearance isle for 7 bucks.

I know i'd be pissed if I bought a fucked up Ironhide for 20 bucks.

Keep your broken G1 Optimus and buy the new one. Mine's head bArely stays on and I love him, he was my first TF.

17. Rodimus

Rodimus The Prime Producer

Even with a DVD and what ever it's still too pricey. Before I saw the Price I was hoping to get 3. 2 for my 2 nephews and one to keep. But with that Price I probably won't even get one. Let alone the return of the dwarf smokestacks?

If it were priced more like $40-$50 like the commerative reissue (which was still price gouged for it's actual worth as a toy that only costs a couple dollars to make. And look at how little the original cost), I might have gotten at least 2. Now I'd be a sucker to get even just 1. Oh well. Guess I'll have to buy a couple old knicked up used ones off ebay or the Junkion Exchange for the boys.

Quite honestly, who needs the DVD anyway? Everybody already has the episodes on DVD thanks to the box sets. I mean only the Kids would really care about the DVD and what parent in their right mind is going to pay $70 to it for them??? I.E. I recall Fortress Maximus being around $70-$75 when it was new... now why do you think that is one of the hardest TFs to come by aka the holy grail of Transformers?

At least Fortress Maximus was 10 times the size of this toy. And I say this as soneome who this Optimus Prime toy means very, very much to, and holds alot of sentimental value because it was my first Transformer ever.

18. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    When Star Scream was reissued I bought him in TRU, When I went home and opened him he was an old ass Star Scream with the lables ripped off. I was upset and returned it.

Im really not going to get a new opt out of the deal, I was joking, but some people are this site are a little to outspoken. I was gonna fire back but, whatever. Screw em.

19. Baccala1976

Baccala1976 Well-Known Member

That pic of MJ is hysterical! but the reality is that people do need to CALM DOWN! This happens all the time weather people admit that they do it or not. Scourgatron is right, they'll see that it's been damaged and they'll either return it to the warehouse or throw it up on clearance. No one will be paying full price for a broken Prime and if they do they just have to return it and get a new one. It's happened to me before and I laughed it off.

20. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yea...I bought every Prime out there...pretty much..

Now a Reissue for 65 bucks...give me a break man..

FIGHT THE POWER