Universal's Diagon Alley

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Autobot X, Jul 9, 2014.

1. Autobot X

Autobot X Check out my sales thread!

Holy crap. I got to go all by my lonesome today (my family's passes are all blacked out), and I gotta say, it was really cool, especially if you're a Harry Potter fan to start with.

I had lunch at the Leaky Cauldron, and while I can't speak for the entire menu, I will say that the Beef and Lamb Guinness Stew was quite tasty.

I also tried one of their new drinks, called Fishy Green Ale. It's a non-alcoholic fruit drink with these little gelatinous spheres at the bottom (they call them fish eggs) that come up through your straw and burst in your mouth. The weirdest drink I've ever had, but it was delicious.

I didn't get to ride the Gringotts ride, as the wait time was over FIVE HOURS, and I probably won't get to do so until later this year.

If you're a Harry Potter fan, you definitely need to check it out.

2. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Try the Frozen Butterbeer. its AMAZING.

3. Bumblebee765

Bumblebee765 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I haven't gone to Wizarding World yet, and I'm a massive Potterhead, so hopefully I'll make it out there soon! I particularly want to see that Ukrainian Ironbelly dragon in real life! :D 

4. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Harry potter land is currently being built in the Hollywood CA universal studios and they have a LONG way to go. Unfortunately some things have had to go to make room for it. Right now the only noticeable thing is some missing pieces on the tram tour (no more Mummy tunnel that spins on the outside and makes you feel like you are going to tip over and makes you feel like the flesh eating bugs have joined you in the tram in the dark)

5. Autobot X

Autobot X Check out my sales thread!

We've been pass holders for a couple of (nonconsecutive) years, and the Wizarding World is my favorite part of both parks (even more so than the TF ride!). The butter beer and its frozen counterpart are both delicious, but I prefer the unfrozen variety. They had warm butter beer at a special event recently, and I'm hoping they bring it back permanently.

6. WTDylio

WTDylio Where is Jessica Hyde?

News Credits:
    I'd bloody love to go see Wizarding World someday, alas, I live in the UK, but we do have the Harry Potter studios tour here, I've been wanting to go there for a while (our university film society organised a trip, but not enough people wanted to go), might be able to go with my sister this summer, I believe they have butterbeer at the shops there too :D 

7. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    Very cool! Universal has done a great job on making an imersive enviroment full of little details.

8. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Could you enjoy this even if you aren't a fan?

9. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Veteran

News Credits:
    Took my wife there for her 30th birthday two weeks after the first part opened. Had a blast despite the unbearable summer heat.

We were supposed to go to the new part this coming February but now we may be going to Japan instead.

10. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    Is Victor Crump the best seeker in the WORLD?

Wait, right not a fan....

Yes. While the rides are based off the movies, it doesn't take away from the overall experience.

11. gil

gil Godmaster

5 hour wait? Holy shit!! I mean, Bloody Hell!!! That's practically the whole day there.

12. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Veteran

News Credits:
    That's one of the reasons why Disney's ride by appointment program makes sense.

The way the park sees it, if you're standing in line for hours, that means you're not spending money. Better to have you make an appointment for a ride so you can go off and do other things like spend copious amounts of money than to have you wait in line with money in your pocket.

13. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm looking forward to going, but was planning to wait until sometime in October when the crowds have dies down. With my new job, I doubt I'll take a random day off, though, so it might not be til next year. We don't have passes, and so when I pay for a day, I like to see everything. Also, my hook-up for free passes is gone. :( 

14. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    The wait time will die down. No ride is worth that amount of time.

Longest I have waited for a ride was a little over an hour for RSR at California Adventure.