United Kingdom Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by payres, Jul 10, 2003.

1. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Did Kapow get them in? I thought only In Demand did, I never even saw a listing for them on Kapow's site?

2. AlienKing

AlienKing Well-Known Member

So since we've left the EU now, does that mean packages from Europe will be charged customs now? I have a Skywarp ordered from German Amazon (though who knows if it'll ever come in) and I rather not get charged more for it if it ever gets in stock.

3. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    We're in the "Transition Period" negotiated during the Withdrawal Agreement, meaning we're still aligned with the European economy until that ends January 1st 2021 AFAIK, that's the insidious thing about it we have a year of nothing changing despite leaving that'll give a lot of people a false sense of security until we drop off that new cliff edge come next year.

• Like Like x 2
  4. AlienKing

AlienKing Well-Known Member

Ah I see. I don't follow all this stuff so I wasn't aware. Hopefully Skywarp comes in by then, having a uncomplete seeker trio is annoying.

5. 4249david

4249david Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    This is correct. We are in the EU, but EU law and rules apply until 31/12 unless it's extended.

It's one of the stupidest EU rules really - you can't agree a new trade deal whilst leaving, but you can leave and then keep all the rules as if you're in until you agree a trade deal. It's just daft, and even if it's meant to ensure only 3rd countries are negotiated with, Art 50 could easily have provided for the option.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    That's one way to look at it, it seems to me more like a rather generous and sensible safety net given in good faith to an exiting member state that could have been extended if not for certain parties doing their best to dive straight past it.
    There's certainly some debate over exactly where the stupidity lies in the whole process which isn't something that can be debated here.

• Like Like x 1
  7. LeAwesome1

LeAwesome1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  8. 4249david

4249david Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Agreed, but if the approach is to give leaving members this transition, then why not just have Art 50 say "must agree terms of leaving within 2yrs, or any extension", & "future trade agreement can be agreed without prejudice to Art [insert whichever article in whichever treaty that precludes non-3rd party agreements]".
    It just seems daft to have half a mechanism, in effect, when the other half can just be agreed.
    Anyway, it matters not. The main point is that the rules don't change until 1st Jan (unless the self imposed deadline is moved farther down the line).

• Like Like x 1
  9. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Essentially because it's a handbrake mechanism that was never really meant to be used, and both sides are feeling their way out along a rather more complex process than one of the parties cares to admit.

• Like Like x 2
  10. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Good question

11. Skywarp SCS

Skywarp SCS AKA "Pretender Skywarp"

My perception is that anything smaller than a deluxe has not been particularly well distributed in the UK. I assumed that the ID ones were imports and that Kapow may not have been offered them/had them available?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas Well-Known Member

Frankly, given the number of Transformers which it's ended up being cheaper for me to just order from the US or Japan even including customs etc, as someone who mostly buys online I wonder if I'll even notice much difference post Brexit.

13. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    UK retail seems to have given up on the smaller size classes entirely, I haven't seen any battle or micro masters since wave one.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Games and Cards UK have had stock of Waves 1 thru 3 to my knowledge (and still have Aimless, Blowpipe, Caliburst, and Lionizers available at the moment), and I don't believe they're an Importer AFAIK.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Stormragetron

Stormragetron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    IMG_20200203_084309.jpg Scout Wave 6 In UK.jpg Asda Oldbury actually had its first new none rescue bot transformers in centuries today!!!!

Scout Class New Cyberverse toys... I know they are not everybodies cup of tea but i really like the bot modes.

Deadend was there but while shopping with the Mrs i could only justify one. So i picked up this nice little Ramjet.

I'll pop back for Deadend in the week.

Edit - went back for Dead End and added picture

Sorry i dont know how to rotate pictures.

Mod Edit: Fixed

Scout Wave 6 In UK.jpg

Last edited: Feb 3, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  16. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Studio Series Hightower and KSI Boss are also pretty cheap and Car Shatter and Dropkick are fair though Hightower & also Drift are low enough to not get customs charge on them if purchased individually - but it sometimes works out cheaper buying a couple and paying the customs as the shipping discount comes into play then & that can be better than the customs charge.

They did send some of the customs fees they charged me back recently not much but small amounts like £1.20 or £1.80 over several purchase which added up to more or less a free item I guess.

17. Gobstop123

Gobstop123 Member

Post is about Ramhet and Dead End. Only shows Ramjet. Bruh..

• Like Like x 1
  18. Stormragetron

Stormragetron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I did explain why Dead End was not there. Anyway i have been back and aquired him now. Picture with price added to original post.

19. Prescient

Prescient Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Studio Series Scavenger and Shockwave just been put out in Forbidden Planet so check yours

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  20. Braddock

Braddock Well-Known Member

Sainsburys are hacking n' slashing Cyberverse prices, warriors in Stanway Colchester were 3.20 and the armour ones 6 something for instance,
    I bought Op...hmm, Windblade...cool and Megs (cool but for rubbish mace arm and no head movement), they were the ones there but I left armour as it was just Starscream.

Laters.