United Kingdom Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by payres, Jul 10, 2003.

1. Imperator

Imperator Be like Optimus, wear a mask.

Wave 4 deluxes are about, but it can be a bit hit and miss. You can also try Smyths for the same.

2. Basilisk

Basilisk It will give you infinite pleasure!

I miss when titans return had a reduced price in Asda

3. simond

simond Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not since I last looked there. I've not paid as much attention to that though, after anything specific? I'll remember names better than waves :) 

4. motorthing

motorthing We woz robbed

News Credits:
    Wonder of wonders TRU Old Kent Road had a couple of Broadsides in with the Movie-crap at the front.

I have now seen three TR Voyagers in the Wild and can sleep a contented man. Let the shelf-warming begin! Allegedly.

• Like Like x 1
  5. DarthTyrant

DarthTyrant Active Member

Asda Bedminster have TR wave 4 in.

6. awesomeist guy

awesomeist guy the one REAL prime

News Credits:
    went to tesco, great yarmouth a week ago they had TR wave 4 out went for perceptor and kup got to the till and the woman couldn't get them to scan, turns out they weren't meant to be out yet so they took them away, gutted!

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
  7. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Should have pointed out that ASDA had them on sale a month ago and called for a manager to do an override.

8. Basilisk

Basilisk It will give you infinite pleasure!

Pretty silly of them to take it away.

9. motorthing

motorthing We woz robbed

News Credits:
    I've read this a few times now and lately Tescos seem to have been the culprit.

Now there is nothing in Consumer Law that says they have to sell you an item, they do have the right to withhold something from sale for legit reasons - because their computer/stock control is fucked isn't one of them.

There is no "embargo" on TR 4, as Payres and others have pointed out they've been on sale sporadically for over a month at their Competitors so there's nothing special stopping Tesco apart from their already mentioned Computer Says No incompetence.

Now being British I fully understand some of us don't like making a fuss, causing a kerfuffle and generally drawing attention to ourselves, but if you don't - this kind of thing happens. And ultimately that does nobody, including the Store any good. It's utterly shit Customer Service.

Ask to take the matter to Customer Services or a Manager - or both. If the member of staff wants to get officious or stroppy about it keep insisting on speaking to somebody over their heads. And don't be backward in making it clear you know full well how to complain on the Tescos Website and that you're not inclined to leave it there.

They are perfectly capable of looking up an item or price matching with any number of sources, and these things aren't IPhones or Diamonds. That's what CS is supposed to be for, especially at bigger stores with plenty of staff.

As long as you do it all in a calm, reasoned way you'll either get your toys, or have the basis for one heck of a complaint with likely compensation at the end of it.

That has to be preferable to losing out and going through the arseache of having to go find them (if you can) somewhere else.

• Like Like x 3
  10. SgtLemon

SgtLemon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  11. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    IIRC there was a similar incident with Tescos again earlier in the year with either wave 3 Legends or Deluxe.

12. motorthing

motorthing We woz robbed

News Credits:
    At least two other members have had this issue and commented on it here in the last 10 days. It was also an issue with Wave 3 at TRU back in November but then I took my advice with that one and.....did stuff.

• Like Like x 1
  13. joetele

joetele Non-entity

Ebay:
  14. Omegastoopreme

Omegastoopreme Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Smyths Rayleigh Weir now has Broadside, Kup, Topspin, Krok, Perceptor, Topspin & Quake in stock.

Grabbed a Broadside about 45 mins ago.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Stripes

Stripes Battle Beast

News Credits:
    I had trouble buying RID legends at Tesco earlier this year. They wouldn't scan at self service, so had to take them to customer service and show the assistant the price on the shelf. I'm sure it depends on how co-operative they want to be, but they should be able to sort it out if it's just a case of the barcodes not being in the system.

Had a similar issue when Titans Return wave 3 came out in TRU. They price matched to £9.99 though for my Hot Rod, Triggerhappy and Twinferno, which I was happy with!

Current sightings:

Asda Elgin has all of Titans Return deluxe wave 4. Would love Quake and Krok, but not at £18.97 each. No TLK deluxes.

The Factory Shop in Buckie had deluxe Combaticons for £8 each, so I now have both a Hasbro and a Takara Bruticus.

They also had wave 1 RID minicons for £3 each (Divebomb, Dragonus, Slipstream, Sawback) and CW Shockwave and Bombshell for £8 each.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
  16. Omegastoopreme

Omegastoopreme Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tesco are notorious for this crap. I think their basic staff must be told that if it doesnt scan just say you cant sell it and make up some rubbish about how it must have recalled over safety or something. Its usually a case of go to customer service and moan until a manager turns up who 90% of the time cave in to get you to go away. I had it with Bee and Kickback last year and before that with a load of MMPR stuff from Super Megaforce for my son.

TRU tend to be a bit better and usually actually try to find something to scan it as (TR Hot Rod ended up scanned as CW Hot Rod yay!). Ive had it in ASDA a few times they've always been great and just hit override with no arguments based on the shelf ticket.

17. Lockdown91

Lockdown91 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As someone who has worked for Tesco for 7 years, that is absolutely what we are told. If it comes up not on file, then we cannot sell the item and it needs to be removed from the shelves until it has been rectified, because it would affect the bookstocks to sell it under the false pretense that it is another product, for example, Fanta fruit twist says 'not on file' so we scan an Original Fanta for the same price, well then after enough times all of a sudden we've sold 35 more Original Fanta then we should have in the stock records. The difference however is, that in an Express store this is a bigger deal as we absolutely do get pulled up for it all the time, and it has been a massive problem within certain stores and they're coming down hard on us for it, no matter how daft it sounds we have to abide by those rules, but there can be some leniency though.

With the bigger stores, it is up to the discretion of the Store Manager or whoever deals with the matter of something 'not on file' whether they want to scan it as something else instead, it's easier to let it slide in a big store considering how many products they stock, it's easy for something like Transformers to not be noticed. I figure like you say though, most will cave in to you as well as the fact that it's easier to have those products gone off the shelves then go through the motion of rectifying and investigating why they won't scan. With TF's and other toys the manager's unlikely to know the difference from one wave to the next, if they see they're in similar packaging, and one scans and another doesn't the logical thing would most likely be to scan the one that does scan and then give you the desired one in its place.

TRU naturally would be better at fixing and solving things like this because...well they sell Toys, that's their main bag, they understand that two different figures in similar packaging are two different figures, and that you've come to the till expecting to buy the one you came in for only for it to not show up, they will do their best to make sure you can have that one, the Store Manager at Tesco might not have the same frame of mind.

And I can't speak for Asda because, well yeah I've had them deal with this exact same thing much better without the need to even involve a manager, maybe they're just less strict on these things than us, differing policies etc. haha :p 

Back on track, anyone going to Manchester Comic-Con this weekend, anyone aware of any potential stalls selling TF's, seemed to be lacking last year and hope this year is better.

• Like Like x 4
  18. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    People are saying they are not seeing things on ebay I see all the time - I would suggest that they search for the items on UK/Canada an USA anmd even Australian eBay they are there just not all ways in the same places on all regions.

Also the simplest thing to do is find some one selling something similar - i.e. if you want someone wei Jiang find someone selling wei Jiang and ask them if they can get what you want too.

Those Claws are on EBay I see them all the time and they are often £10 to £16.00 so the price shown is hair cheaper but not by much.
    Also if you don't have the combiner yet many sellers - sell the set with the claws usually for an extra £10.00 or $10.00

------

Anyway I was just going to chip in on the not-scanning thing and say I think the reason it's suddenly a problem now is that before it wouldn't happen as often when all the items in a line for more than a year would share the same barcode # - now only something do (like blind bag packs) and other items like Say RID warrior Class since the Soundwave wave - have their own numbers. so I think what is happening is someone is putting in a master code - an old code or is only scanning in a single item from the box - this seems to bare up to my observations as I have had personal experience of trying to buy a new wave of products and only one scans.

As for ASDA if you ask nicely they will manually type the item in with the product description for you if you get someone nice enough to care.

I don't encounter the issue often though as I don't see many toys in the wild now - I'm pretty much buying nearly all of everything online now to be able to get it at all.

• Like Like x 2
  19. WO3004

WO3004 One half of a Duobot

News Credits:
    Do we think TR Overlord will turn up on shelves at retail at any point?

Can't remember if any leader class toys have been sold at general retail since Soundwave?

20. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay: