United Kingdom Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by payres, Jul 10, 2003.

1. Lothar Hex

Lothar Hex Perverted Sociopath™

News Credits:
    Still no wave 3 in Teesside Park. They were putting more stuff out but had to head to work, will pop back tonight.

If anyone DOES go, and sees a Triggerhappy going spare, hide it for me wouldya?

Last edited: Nov 26, 2016
  2. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Manchester TRU has wave 3 titans in stock plenty of all figures

• Like Like x 1
  3. Rack n Ruin

Rack n Ruin Wrecker

News Credits:
    May I ask, @payres , are you sighing with relief that Wave 2 Legends are out, or sighing with disappointment that it is not Wave 3 (Bumblebee, Gnaw and Kickback goodness)?

4. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm despairing that they're out. I've never been more depressed to see a Generations case at UK retail.

YMMV on the views expressed here:

Wave 1 has taken ages to sell. Really doesn't look like it's done good business at all especially compared to the Titanmasters and larger sizes.

This case however looks retail poison. Here's what this wave consists of

Rumble, a black & red repaint of TR Rewind
    Laserbeak, a black & red repaint of CW Buzzsaw
    Ravage, a black & grey repaint of TR Stripes

All three are similarly coloured repaints, with not much variety. All Decepticons, No Autobots

The two animals didn't sell well in their original forms. They are naturally packed at 3 per case.

Rumble sold better in his original form. He will be more in demand due to the lack of a better looking Japanese version. He is the only one with a robot mode. Naturally he is two per case.

I was all poised to label it AWOL on the UK released list I keep at the TMUK forum. It's turned up VERY late in the game for a Wave 2 case, the day after Wave 3 deluxe were found in the UK and Wave 3 Legends in Australia. IF it goes everywhere it could end up clogging shelves and torpedoing the desirable Wave 3 (BB, Gnaw, Kickback). I'm hoping that it's a limited quantity and they get swallowed by Christmas Silly Season when frothing parents buy anything, but I'm not confident.

Just in case, here's the Kapow Wave 3 Legends preorder:

www.kapowtoys.co.uk/transformers-titans-return-legends-wave-3-set-of-3.html

• Like Like x 2
  5. Lockdown91

Lockdown91 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Warrington Toys R Us is a disappointment. No TR deluxes at all, asked somebody about it and they actually went into the back to check if they had any which shocked the hell out of me :eek:  they still came back empty handed and expressed that either they've stopped selling that product, or they just don't have any in. I doubt they've stopped stocking them though, even though there was a lack of a shelf tag for the TR deluxes. In my Tesco store we do the same occasionally, if we don't have something in stock we might put something else in its place with the label for that product until the original product comes in again, this would explain why they have the RID deluxes in about 6 places all next to each other where the TR deluxes used to be...

Very nearly almost bought a TR Soundwave but he's just too big for my display and i'm trying to avoid impulse buys. Would have bought a Titan Master but they had none of those in sight either :confused: 

6. Master Disaster

Master Disaster Well-Worn Member

News Credits:
    Didn't make Cardiff today, but The Entertainer in Cwmbran had the wave 2 Minicons in the penny sale so I can finally make that little gummi shark! They also had a Legends Wreck-Gar, which I've never seen before and wasn't exchanging a tenner for, and a one-step Rollbar which I might have seen before. 2 Legion Ratchets, one with the green packaging, the other not with the green. Warning to all - the general public are acting really fucking dumb today, be careful, be quick and keep your temper.

7. Unclejoe420

Unclejoe420 Well-Known Member

Really? hope there'll be some left when I can get back there on Monday!!

8. SilverRX

SilverRX Member

Ebay:
    The deluxes or all sizes?
    What price were they?

9. Imperator

Imperator and he drove the fastest milk-cart in the west.

YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Goodness gracious, if I haven't just had a successful TF hunt.

So both Leicester and Nottingham TRU have the wave 3 TR deluxes, although numbers vary. I started in Leicester, where there were two Hot Rods and a Twinferno only, then moved on to Nottingham where there were a mix of Hot Rods and Triggerhappys. Pleasingly, in both shops the SKN didn't register at the till, but when the poor beleaguered runners got back with the price it only came to £12.49. Don't know if that was a Black Friday price on purpose or accidentally, but I'm very happy to save a fiver on a deluxe like that.

There were also oodles of RID Starscreams and a couple of Paralons, but no Warrior Bisks in sight. Shame.

• Like Like x 1
  10. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Friend just texted me from there. He got Twinferno & Triggerhappy and another bloke behind him bought the few that were left. Staff were refilling with Wave 1!

11. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Same case as Ratchet, who absence was discussed upthread :-(

12. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I meanwhile acted on the information above and decided to pay Mr Tescos a visit in Swindon.

I'd already got Rumble from an importer, which I needed cos no Japanese version, and Laserbeak, COS AMAZON DIDN'T SEND ME THE RIGHT TOY WHEN I ORDERED RUMBLE, but even though I've got the Japanese Ravage ordered I feel I need to buy the UK one now it's on the shelves here. And it is a tinsy bit different. So because Mrs Ayres was dropping The Boy and his Grampy at Football I went with them and nipped into Tescos.

This is what I saw:

a selection of RID One Steps.
    a few of the RID Windblade/Scorponok/Optimus case
    1 Legion Drift........

And a MOUNTAIN of Wave 1 TR Legends! That store ain't getting any more of that size anytime soon! I'll try New Malden when I'm in London the week after next.

13. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wouldn't worry to much about Ravage being a repaint as I wouldn't be at all surprised the terrible distribution means that few people saw wave one's Stripes anyway. besides Stripes is a no-body character who was only released to avoid Retail confusion with RID and to farm some more cash out of that mould family.

It is a Legitimate concern that they are all the same colour and all 3 of them are Data Pads - they'd have been better off finding some random other Legends to shove in there. Shame Bumblebee didn't trade places with Ravage as that would have helped then they could have made Cliffjumper for later.

The next Wave is a bit villain heavy too though. However if you happen to own Soundwave the whole lot of the datapads are a must have "accessories" for him - Just as it's really desirable to have both Brawns as they complement each other.

I do hope Hasbro has the common sense to find a spot for a Steeljaw release somewhere in the future - not to mention Eject & Frenzy. Boxed sets would be a good place to slip thing like that into.

Underpacking Rumble is a bit silly though as he does have more effective modes and is perhaps a bit more fun and better decorated too not to mentioned he's also more of a personality (no disrespect to the "pets").
    I've not seen anything at retail bar a few Legends and Titanmasters in a Toymaster and Blaster in TK Maxx everything else is "Online only" or in stores I don't happen to have anywhere near me.
    which is a shame I guess. I must remember to see if BOOTS has bothered to get any Transformers since they have that 3 for 2 thing each year on toys & gifts.

The Supermarkets have done the worst job that I can recall in a while in distribution of Boys Toys In general since around the early period of Transformers Prime when there was a big drought period too.

I wonder if they are keeping shelves clear of Transformers because they over-estimated the interest in Rogue One ? I feel the Clearance retailers are especially letting us all down too when only a south african retailer is the one playing it's part.

14. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Your experience is different to mine. Local Asda, Tescos & TRU here in Swindon swimming in Wave 1 Legends which I've also seen in Bentalls, the department store in Kingston upon Thames where my Mother lives , and The Entertainer, also Kingston.

While mileage varies geographically according to what stores you have I see the Legends class most often and they're either selling and being replaced with the same stock or not selling and sitting there. That it's taken this long in Wave 2's retail cycle for the W2 Legends to show suggests the later.

15. Rack n Ruin

Rack n Ruin Wrecker

News Credits:
    Yes, I agree this is a wave with too little variety, and some pretty poor moulds (Laserbeak and Ravage). Wave 2 is great fot anyone after accessories for TR Leader Soundwave, but leaves me cold.

Roll on Wave 3 (hopefully).

BTW, does anyone have any info on Wave 4 (all sizes)? It seems we should've heard more by now.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    @Max Tower I have to agree with @payres here, round my location I can pretty much throw a shoe and his a wave 1 Legend local Sainsburys, branches/franchises of Toyland, ASDA and TRU all have 'em and plenty too!

Wave 2 would be a genius move to cross-sell with TR Soundwave but I wouldn't be surprised if he never appears on Tesco shelves. In my location I haven't seen a whiff of TR at all in any of our Tesco branches.

17. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    DLX class at £12.99 but reading the other guys comment some guy cleaned them out.

I didn't get any but I do like the looks of Trigger happy

18. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm mainly looking in Cambridgeshire, Suffolk & Norfolk. In a 50 Mile or so radius they are all pretty atrocious - Note : someone was lamenting about the sad state of Ipswich TRU just a little bit earlier on.

I know some ASDA & Some Tesco sell Legends - but despite one around here having used to sell the CW Legends every supermarket around here only sells blind bag toys and a few scraps of RID like Legion and One step If you are really lucky you might see a Warrior class, I know just 2 shops in that 50 mile radius that sell Minicons too. & 1 that sells Titanmasters and TR Legion but it's quite expensive and they have only had them about 2 weeks. - The Supermarkets are a complete failure - I hope that the Tesco Sightings of Wave 2 legends is a good omen and maybe just maybe they might spread that line out a bit further. I think Sainsbury's really could do a lot better too. I used to have 3 really good Sainsbury's in my roaming range and now none of them have anything much - One has like a couple of one steps and a couple of 3 stepers and that it's it the better one had a few Combaticons, a few RID warrior (a refresh wave) and some Minicons as well as they Sideswipe and Bumblebee with Minicon chest plates. so not a huge amount either. Perhaps they might get Titans Returns when those Combaticons finally sell.

No TRU near me really and no Entertainers near me and as they are shut on a Sunday they are not a practical place to shop anyway as there is no where to park anywhere near it. I have a good selection of Discounters but the closest thing to exciting I can say they have is some nice looking Batman Animated Series Action Figures in B&M.

I pretty much rely on Discounters and Supermarkets and both of them are failing. I was really hoping those Stunticon Deluxes might show up more widely. I bet if I wasted my time on the phone to Tesco trying to trace Legends class they'd likely find none anywhere near me.

Also ASDA used to sell stuff online - but they don't seem to bother with Transformers anymore. But the lack of Titanmasters, TR Deluxes and Legions is kinda 'annoying'... and that is even without worrying about the RID Bisk & Ratchet or the RID Legions that have not show up either.

P.S. The last time I saw a Transformers Voyager in a Supermarket around here was The Transformers Prime 'Overscale' Predaking & Optimus . The last time I saw one in a discounter was Some old (normal) Predaking Voyagers that showed up about a year ago in Home Bargains. And last time I went to a TRU the only Voyager in the store was 4 copies of Thrilling 30 Brainstorm. I used to get Transformers in Wilko too but they have mostly stopped selling them now it seems.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  19. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  20. motorthing

motorthing Too old for this $hit

News Credits:
    TR Wave 3 Deluxes in the TRU Old Kent Road Today. Multiples of each except Getaway - I had the last of Him.

Wouldn't scan at the till so after a comedy routine trying to establish a price I got them for £4.99 a pop.

Not a joke, £4.99 each. Clearly a Work Experience crew in charge there today so run, don't walk if you want to exploit the situation while it lasts.

• Like Like x 5