United Kingdom Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by payres, Jul 10, 2003.

1. Master Disaster

Master Disaster Well-Worn Member

News Credits:
    Do you know if anyone ever reported finding the FOC Eject and Ramhorn data-discs over here? I've been looking and have not seen.

2. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Just a heads-up for anyone that might buy AoE Voyager Heli Drift from The Entertainer: It would seem some have a problem with one of the transformation joints above the knee. I thought it might've just been mine but a quick Google showed up there have been others with the same issue. Basically it's a badly driven pin so the joint is off-kilter slightly, but also some excess plastic inside the joint (possibly why the pin went wonky during installation). It's pretty much impossible to shave down the plastic as-is since the gap between parts is so small, so unfortunately it's a case of removing the pin and then taking a knife/file to the places where the plastic clashes and jams. It should be a simple thing to do, but in the end I found it was easier to unscrew and remove the lower torso and hips so I could get the leg clear on it's own to get a good punch at the pin. Once the plastic has been shaved down the slightly off pin is no longer a problem and you'd never know the joint had been stuck.

Anyway, just thought I'd offer out a warning so nobody buys one and just tries to force the joint and then breaks it.

Also bear in mind the sword handles will put stress marks in the fist holes so those will need a little filing too.

After giving it those little adjustments, just like the Skyhammer version of this mold, it's a brilliant figure. :) 

3. Braddock

Braddock Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Megs transforms into..........Megs!

Straw poll, does anyone want the blu-ray set of DOTM in the Megs transforming box, my local boot has boxes of them in perfect nick for 3 quid each, so with postage probably a fiver, no probs if not, I have bought 2, attached is the one I opened hulking away behind my phone at work, they are about 14' high (the back of the box says), no probs if not.
    laters.

Attached Files:

4. SgtLemon

SgtLemon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    FOC Ultra Magnus deluxe at TRU Liverpool, super change optimus and CW Cyclonus and Hotspot

5. Gingerchris

News Credits:
    B&M Great Yarmouth had the Vortex Kre-O sets reduced even further to £3.99. For anyone that's been holding out, at that price it's an utter bargain as it's a great set. Although I got mine a few weeks ago still sealed at a car boot sale for £1.50. :p 

No sign of any Doubledealers, but they now have four Brainstorms. Like someone said earlier, looks like he's going to be a shelfwarmer annoying people coming in to search for Doubledealer. Ironic after the recent scramble to find Brainstorms. How quickly we move onto new obsessions and lose love for the previous.

Back on the subject of Kre-O, Great Yarmouth Home Bargains had the AoE Grimlock Street Attack set (with Gold Optimus and two Vehicon Kreons) for £3.99.

Plus, and I imagine these aren't new, Home Bargains also had these Transformers chocolate bars for 39p each. As you can see the chocolate has Autobot and Decepticon logos on it and there's also a sticker inside the wrapper. Might be a nice cheap TF-themed stocking filler for the nippers this Christmas. :) 

[​IMG]

6. joetele

joetele Non-entity

I can confirm this chocolate does NOT taste good.

7. Underlord

Underlord Frontier Psychiatrist.

News Credits:
    Clacton UK, where houses randomly explode
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Hope these aren't unsold stock from b&m from last year:eek: 

8. BlackJackuk

BlackJackuk Well-Known Member

Been in Blackpool for a couple of days. B&M bargains had a brainstorm or two in I picked up one and someone else just a whirl left as of present. The bonny st market near coral island has TF4 gimmick figures with action punch features. A few Ko figures of oversized legends in various stalls. The toymaster in town has wave 3 deluxe combiner wars. If you happen to collect WWE action figures basic or elite plenty in said bonny st market.

9. Gingerchris

News Credits:
    Aw. But then I'll eat any old chocolate, even that plasticcy stuff you get in cheapo advent calendars.

Speaking of which, I've not seen any TF choccy advent calendars yet this year. Nor a TF annual. I guess once again the TF brand won't be properly represented this Crimbo. Is TF really such a small brand in the UK that now it doesn't even get the two staple Christmas outings of an advent calendar and an annual? :( 

Probably. But mine was still in date until the end of April next year so I guess it's okay to eat.

Also, forgot to mention earlier but I picked up the final AoE watch I needed from Norwich Poundworld to complete the set of four:

[​IMG]

10. MightySi

MightySi Member

In the last two days I have checked Toys R Us and Smyths in Milton Keynes, Luton, Watford and Northampton (I get around a lot for work!)

Not a Magnus in sight. There are a few of the Clash of the Transformers packaged RiD toys at the TRUs.

Both stores have stacks and stacks of the 12" Dark of the Moon shampoo bottle style toys. I guess someone must buy them!

11. Omegastoopreme

Omegastoopreme Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    basildon TRU now has the repaint rid warriors of bee, sideswipe and prime in. along with the magnus, strongarm and bee legends and the 2 packs (megatronus/prime and bee/bite) no magnus :( 

asda basildon has the one steps in the repaint colours

B&M southend finally got some new stock in and had 2 brainstorms. Sadly 3 months after i gave up waiting on them and bought him online.

12. Underlord

Underlord Frontier Psychiatrist.

News Credits:
    Clacton UK, where houses randomly explode
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Just saw this on telly, £5 dearer than b&m, but have the entertainer ever sold this for £100?[​IMG]

13. SgtLemon

News Credits:
    St helens Wilko and Smyths all have just 1 Generations Springer

14. Gingerchris

News Credits:
    Checked out Great Yarmouth Asda's (up to) half price toy sale this morning. RID had a cardboard stand near the store entrance with the repaints of One-Step Grimlock (G1 deco) and Strongarm (black). Not seen those before. Along with the One-Step repaints of Sideswipe and Bumblebee (which I had seen before). All £8 each. No two for £14 offer anymore (I think it stopped a few months ago). Also saw the big three-step Sideswipe for £17.99. Not seen that before today either. They also had the Drift and Fracture Deployers for £14.99, but that's the same price as in Argos and TRU now so no great bargain there.
    I doubt it. And like you said, it's still cheaper in B&M. £19.99 yes? I'm always tempted but I'm kinda hoping the price might drop by another fiver nearer to Christmas. Plus it always stresses me out when buying a Kreo-O (or Lego) set with a huge amount of pieces as knowing my luck it'll be missing one right at the end of checking off all the bits.
    I spotted AoE Bumblebee and Drift ones of those in Great Yarmouth B&M earlier in the week. Didn't bother to look at the price though. Cheaper than TRU I'll bet.

And non-TF-related, but I bought a couple of those thousand generic building brick sets in the two for £20 B&M offer (mostly because I wanted a plain red piece I was missing from a secondhand Kre-O Jazz set I just bought. The quality is actually rather good for a generic compatible. Of course the 'thousand brick' thing is a bit of a cheat as I counted in one box 537 of just the 1x1 pieces. The packaging is waaaaay oversized to make people think they'll be getting a good share of the larger bricks. Seriously, I opened the main box to find three smaller boxes inside and one baggie of bricks in each smaller box. I then discovered all three baggies actually fit neatly inside just one of the smaller inner boxes. Talk about wasteful packaging.

15. Sinestro

Sinestro Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Entertainer in Bristol had two each of AOE Voyager Galvatron and Hound, £23.00.

16. we_are_forest

we_are_forest I blame Powerglide

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Newark B&M has 2x Gen Roadbuster, 1x Sandstorm and 6x Leader Jetfire.
    They also had the AoE dino Power Battlers (or whatever they're called).

17. motorthing

motorthing Too old for this $hit

News Credits:
    Leyton B&M had one Shit Shark and about twenty Jetfires. Nowt else worth a mention. I was sadly disappointed on a cheapo Brainy.

I think Jets may be there a while.

18. SgtLemon

News Credits:
    Manchester Toys R Us has plenty of the Generations Tape things for FOC Soundwave
    Also RPM Jetfire and Megatron.... Thats a thing.

19. Brakescream

Brakescream F&@king Twist Ties!

News Credits:
    Haven't been collecting for quite some time now, but was suddenly gripped by the desire to grab a Brainstorm, we also have a new B&M open in Poole, so popped along.

Sadly no Brainstorms, but Leader Jetfire (which I picked up thereby ending my collecting drought anyway) Voyager Rhinox, Whirl, Sky-Byte and Sandstorm.

Also dropped into TRU as it was on my way (and it lists Brainstorm on the TRU website as available) no Brainstorm there either, but picked up Black Series Vader... I was doing so well at not buying toys too! :) 

20. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    I must be cursed. I've never seen Sandstorm or Brainstorm at the B&Ms I've checked (Stanway Tollgate and Chelmsford). We do have Leader Jetfire (I already got the Japanese none bling version) and tons of Roadbusters.