United Kingdom Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by payres, Jul 10, 2003.

1. foxindebox

foxindebox Plastic Crack Addict

2. stoney2511

stoney2511 Well-Known Member

Both combiner wars leader megatrons are on Amazon.com at $46.99 works out at about £47 shipped

3. BigPhill

BigPhill Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    I went to Edinburgh Kinnaird Park this morning.

Between Smyths and TRU they had the Generations voyagers - Roadbuster, Springer, Whirl, Skybyte and Rhinox.

Full price in Smyths, £12 odds in TRU.

Not too bad really, you can get 3 Wreckers in one quick tip.

4. Sinestro

Sinestro Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Smyths at Cribbs Causeway had Roadbuster, Whirl, Sky Byte and Springer, price £16.99.

5. Prescient

Prescient Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Kapow back up with cw motormaster in stock and wave 2 deluxes for preorder.

Also got the 4 perfect effect add-on kits including the kibble menasor upgrades.

6. baggzey23

baggzey23 psn - baggzey23

News Credits:
    pre-ordered the 2 hands and feet for superion and menasor, do you ever get emails from kapowtoys because i haven't gotten a single one yet and I've been shopping there for years

7. podleian

podleian Wreck and...have a kip

I always get emails from Kapow. Order confirmation, shipping confirmation at least. I'd check spam filters and block lists.

I went around Clifton Moor today. B&M had 2 each of Rhinox, Whirl and Roadbuster. TRU had 1 Blaster, 2 Sandstorms and all the usual RID stuff, some CW and a load of AOE shelf warmers.

8. Basilisk

Basilisk It will give you infinite pleasure!

Still no CW wave 2 for Entertainer *sigh*

9. Prescient

News Credits:
    Due on the 16th - 23rd according to latest comms.

10. TJapes

TJapes Well-Known Member

Not sure if this has been mentioned but Very.com has a sale on CW and RID waves 1 (along with a few AOE and Prime stragglers). I just ordered Optimus for £18.40, deluxes are £12.80.

11. drmick

drmick Well-Known Member

Why does stuff from China tend to escape customs and nearly everything from the US get caught?

12. siccoyote

siccoyote Worst side of the fandom

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Because Americans wanna play by the rules, but Chinese are gangstas

I like chinese.

13. Prescient

News Credits:
    Because very little manufacturing happens in the USA that is legitimately exported to the UK, for example production samples, test shots etc which would not incur fees. Most USA to UK shipping on toys/electronics etc are retail sales or eBay (still retail). People buying from the USA are, for most items in our action figure market, simply relying on the $ to get cheaper not because it's the first point in the supply chain.

Whereas Asia is the prime manufacturing/distribution global economy for toys/electronics so there is more chance of legitimate distribution as samples etc.

Also because of the volume and nature of packages and manufacturing, policing of them from Asia is harder. For example a $70 masterpiece is probably only worth $2-$5 in real terms so unless customs know you have bought from retail, they would run the risk of over valuing the raw manufacturing costs at first point of distribution.

UK retail look to mark up 10-30% for small outlets and more for the big chains on toys, but their (eg Tru) volume pricing can also rely on distributor incentives. Work backwards for a £50 masterpiece, circa £38-£40 exc vat and duties (assuming a volume order), £30-£35 left exc mark up and you are already under the Customs gift threshold on the landed UK price. Now take off shipping so £25-£30 left, maybe less depending on type i.e boat pallet (Tru/Smyths etc) or air cases / small pallet (independents). Then work on the basis the Asian distribution chain may have 2-3 stages each adding on a mark up. Also that the Asian costs are much much lower due to manufacturing and cheaper labour/material resource /fuel/internal distribution costs. At what stage in the supply chain could customs easily identify where the toy had been shipped from? Unless the package is clearly marked as a retail sender then they can't tell.

14. figsdad

figsdad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ohhh didnt know there was a B+M in Clifton moor..? is it next to Tesco's ? What was in Tesco's.? I go to York Least 4 times a year.

15. drmick

drmick Well-Known Member

Cheers for the elaborate reply! They've bloody we'll identified Robot Kingdom as retail the evil b*st*rds!

16. figsdad

figsdad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Smyths in Silverlink north east had Whirl, Roadbuster, Springer, Rhinox. All £22.. Prime Combiner wars £16. Gutted no Blaster or Blitzwing...

17. banjoted

banjoted Timelord

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Sod all in the way of these £12.50 triple changers in Basingstoke TRU. That's three stores I've checked out now (in some instances more than once) and no hint of a Springer (or even Blitzwing) in any of them.

18. Underlord

Underlord Frontier Psychiatrist.

News Credits:
    Clacton UK, where houses randomly explode
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Any one else notice a lot of the cw wave one is marked as out of stock and not available for click and collect on tru website? A hint of wave 2 coming soon perhaps? Although the same applies with the legends optimus and bumblebees that are still clogging the shelves, so...

19. SgtLemon

SgtLemon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Motormaster supposed to come out this month, and the other limbs are supposed to come in june...

I emailed Toys R us asking when they're getting Motormaster and they said they are not allowed to say, like tell me so I can give you money! Everyone else has a pre order!

20. Basilisk

Basilisk It will give you infinite pleasure!

lmao, i wouldn't be surprised if Motormaster showed up before the rest of his wave didn't that happen in the US?