United Kingdom Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by payres, Jul 10, 2003.

1. Prescient

Prescient Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Your right, one of the battle attack ones, not standard. Still good looking figure.

2. Braddock

Braddock Well-Known Member

3. simond

simond Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was wrong, they had the three deluxe and three legions that I saw :) 

4. Braddock

Just a quick big-up for the boot sales that are still going, found that holy grail of all occurrences at a boot the other day, a box (suitcase actually) of 80s toys, including some Ewoks (hat and bag too)! and a legless G1 Bee (not drunk, no left leg), I am sure I have another around somewhere.
    The joy of these little strange surprises is palpable.

5. saber-crusher

saber-crusher Prime

News Credits:
    Not sure if its been mentioned but home bargains at Wallsend had construct bots slug and strafe for £2.99 each and construct bots aoe optimus prime for £5.99

Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
  6. OptimusPrimeval

OptimusPrimeval Well-Known Member

Forbidden Planet London has found some FOC Wreckers from somewhere, but is charging £19 each. Nearby Orbital had a sale section at the back. SDCC (I think) Metroplex £180, Black Gekisoumarou, £40.

7. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    RID Deluxes spotted in Sainsburys Stanmore, 2 for £20 or £15 each. 2 of each, BB, GL, SA and SJ. Mildly tempted by BB, but none of the others really. AoE Legions are down to clear £4.50 or summat, hopefully a sign of impending RID Legions...

8. TFtoycollector

TFtoycollector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Picked up CW Silverbolt, Skydive and Dragstrip at Reading TRU. When I got there they only had a Dragstrip and 2 Alpha Bravo's. I asked if they had any more in stock and the nice lady brings out a box of more Deluxe's. There's also plenty of Optimus and Silverbolt.

And they also have 9 MP Sunstorms still priced at £39.99.

9. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Typical really - I jump on some figures early at full price because I'm not sure if they'll show up in more mainstream stores anytime soon, and then a month later they're on sale in a big supermarket chain store in an offer where I could've saved myself £12 buying the four current RID Deluxes. :redface2: 
    He's fairly decent for what he is. Failing that, there's always the RID BB One-Step in the '£9.97 each, two for £14' offer currently in Asda. But then you probably may as well just spend that extra quid and buy Dlx BB with one of the others from Sainsburys (although the One-Step RID Bumblebee is fun). Of course, the question is which of the other three? Grimlock is probably the best if he didn't have that breaky elbow issue, Steeljaw is a bit of a floppy mess and has those worryingly thin elbow sliders and Strongarm is a bit -I dunno - hollow and looks somewhat like a poundshop KO toy in alt mode?

10. Prescient

News Credits:
    Anyone else enjoy watching the tracking on international shipments, I find it so addictive?

TRU Poole has nothing new in, couple of combiner primes left, silverbolt long gone. Still got loads of the movie deluxes on sale including the then and now two packs plus the voyager two packs (prime/prime + grimlock/grimlock ones)

11. Brakescream

Brakescream F&@king Twist Ties!

News Credits:
    Do they have Drag Strip?

12. Prescient

News Credits:
    Yer actually that is one they do have a few of.

13. Braddock

Picked up the now ten quid gold Grimlock+Op Kre-o set from the Entertainer, good fun for the price and the magnet is a giggle, gave it to the boy and he complained bitterly about the problem of trying to get Kreons to sit straight.....fair point. Waited for him to go to bed and modified the ridiculous guns off his back and arms, really,what was that all about?

14. we_are_forest

we_are_forest I blame Powerglide

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Nott'm TRU yesterday had the CW voyagers in but no sign of the deluxe. A bit disappointing as I was looking forward to seeing them for the first time.

The RiD deluxe and Legions were all there.

They had a sh!t-tonne of AoE deluxe dinobots.

I also counted 30 MP Sunstorms dotted around the store. The chances of this guy falling even further in price increases with the looks of things.

15. Gingerchris

News Credits:
    None in your local Argos? Although I must admit I've not tried buying any CW Dlxs from there yet, but they did show up as in-stock when I did a check. Assuming they've not got the wrong stock under that number (which has happened before).

16. we_are_forest

we_are_forest I blame Powerglide

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    I haven't looked in Argos for the same reason as yourself :) 
    They are showing as in stock though. Really want to see what Skydive looks like.

However, I may hold off for the TT version. Not fully decided how to play it just yet. :D 

17. shockwavedalek

shockwavedalek Well-Known Member

Argos in Mild and Flint had CW deluxe and voyagers in, that was until I arrived now have all of wave 1 barring optimus.

18. Gingerchris

News Credits:
    I didn't buy any from Argos as I'd already picked them up from TRU. :p 
    You could always do a customer view in Argos though if you want to look at Skydive in-hand in-package.
    I really like him. :) 
    I get the feeling Optimus is going to be the easiest one to find in stores. Whenever I go into my TRU they've always got several of him on the shelf but no Silverbolts (dunno how many of each to a case). Many people are waiting for the Motormaster version instead. Do we know when that's due?

19. Prescient

News Credits:
    We are either going to get flooded with CW wave 1 soon, or the UK stores will have under ordered wave 1 as Jan is a quiet time for toy sales which means siverbolt etc will sell out and be as rare as....then we will see an over supply of waves 2 and 3 in the run up to Christmas.

I have checked the Argos stores near me and they all seem to only have 2 voyager CW and 3-4 limbs in stock max so not a massive case stock per store.

Anyway noticed AOE leader Grimlock has gone from the Argos site completely but still shows on in-store stock checkers at £23.99.

20. figsdad

figsdad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Newcastle Forbidden Planet had Skywarp Generations.. £16.99