United Kingdom Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by payres, Jul 10, 2003.

1. duckstar

duckstar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  2. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    That's actually not a bad price considering the deluxes are £15 in TRU!

3. JaY88

JaY88 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They've been in TK Maxx for about £6.99/£7.99 (Takara stickers, trading card and all) on and off since before last Christmas (well they have been in my nearest two) - which is where they are from I imagine and are just being resold at slight cost/the same price...

4. WayS'L'

WayS'L' Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Home Bargains in Manchester have new Bot Shots sets in, for those of us still chasing the little guys down. Stunticons and Autobot Polar Assauly sets both at 7.99.

5. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    The new Home Bargains store in Great Yarmouth finally opened so I had a snoop yesterday. Picked up the BH Cyberverse Commander Ultra Magnus and Bludgeon remolds for £5.99 each. They also had the Megatron one someone else reported their Home Bargains having a few weeks back but I skipped that.

They also had about ten million BH Dlx Bumblebees for (I think) £6.99 and the upscaled BH Cyberverse Deluxes for the same price.

There were also some BH Voyagers and Ultimates but I forget what and at what price. Couldn't have been anything special then.

Plus, if anyone or their kids are into those Loom Band things, Home Bargains have them really cheap. A kit with 600 bands, a loom, tool and 'S' clips for just 99p. Considering most places sell a just a bag of 300 bands for a quid I'd say that's definitely a (home) bargain. They also do packs of 250 bands for just 49p.
    Personally I don't get the appeal of Looms, but I just thought I'd mention it if anyone here has a need. My niece flips her lid for that crap, but with a kit for 99p I don't mind treating her to some of the things.

6. Braddock

Braddock Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sainsburys have a third off some TF, big AOE CAB sets down to 15, and the little Rescue bots dinos 4 to 3 quid, I warn you though, I bought ickle Heatwave for the boy, and it was broken within the hour, naff.

7. JaY88

JaY88 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I do remember seeing him at one point in there but I'm not sure whether he's in there now, haven't been in a while but last time I was there (about mid-July) they had one Mudflap and Laserbeak! Maybe around Christmas they'll get some more in like last Christmas but I imagine the boat has sailed (or ambulance has transformed and driven off!) :s

8. siccoyote

siccoyote Worst side of the fandom

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  9. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  10. Primal_Grimlock

Primal_Grimlock Gone because someone had their cat declawed. Grr.

My local TKM seems to be having a TF drought of late. Still, picked up Elementary season 2 in HMV - Lucy Liu can keep me warm instead.

I've just spotted about 10 DOTM Bumblebee in the Liverpool ONE TRU for full price as well.

11. Gingerchris

News Credits:
    Picked up Constructbots Drag-Strip from Great Yarmouth TK Maxx. There were a couple on the shelf, one priced at £9.99 and one priced at £7.99. No difference apart from the price. Bought the £7.99 one obviously.

Reminded me how much I used to like Constructbots.

12. Sinestro

Sinestro Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Picked up into Tesco Imperial Park in Bristol, £30.00. Two left on the shelf.

[​IMG]

13. Gingerchris

News Credits:
    Tesco, eh? Interesting. I take it that's the Deluxe-size Optimus mold?
    Although I looked in the big branch in Great Yarmouth a few hours ago and didn't find anything as cool as that. Definitely something to keep an eye out for. Same old shit scattered randomly across the shelves here. Really, I've never seen such messy TF shelves as with the AoE stuff. I'm sure it's because people - including the staff - aren't certain which product is which and just put them back any old where.

My younger sister very nicely bought me both those sets from the Yarmouth Home Bargains this morning. I also picked up Constructbots Smokescreen and Shockwave while I was in there for £8.99 each.

14. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    GOOD LORD! If that turns up at a nearby Tesco's it'll be hard to resist picking up a Hotpants Grimmy!

15. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    Who wears short shorts?

Me Grimlock wear short shorts!

16. User_136440

User_136440 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ah so looks like Tesco will be the UK choice of store to be bombarded with the multiple Silver Knight repaints...

17. Basilisk

Basilisk It will give you infinite pleasure!

Lucky! I wonder if my Tesco will get this

18. User_136440

User_136440 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah I've heard a lot about quality problems with the Heatwave mini dino, though apparently Blades and the others are fine.

19. Braddock

Braddock Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Tesco site doesn't have it, but I will keep an eye, it has got an 18 quid (half-size?)shell-former silver Prime and the Grimlock CAB set with silver Prime for 12 quid, which seems cheap given the price of the Prime one (which is reduced too).

20. returner

returner Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    A shame that, of all the Silver Knight Optimus Prime toys, we probably won't get the better one of a bad bunch, the repaint of First Edition Optimus Prime, which itself looks to be a disappointing toy but at least has the benefit of actually transforming plus isn't lumbered with a dire pack-in like FOC Grimlock.