Unite Warriors EX Megatronia

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by bullettrain, Aug 23, 2016.

1. treatment

treatment Well-Known Member

I just saw this epic art over in the art-forum from Josh

[​IMG]

Pretty awesome, huh?

Wonder if the actual UW-EX Megatronia figure can be posed like that...

2. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Reminds me a bit of Senior. Nice.

3. G1DeadEnd

G1DeadEnd Bring on 5, 6, 7 & 8!

News Credits:
    Cool, good to know, thanks!
    HAH! Much obliged!

4. Hanzkaz

Hanzkaz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Now I'm thinking I really have to complete Galvatronus. I wonder if Takara will do a Mrs Optimus Prime, as well.

5. treatment

Takara should.

Their home-market is G1-centric, so a UW-EX Elita One must be made!

:rock 

6. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    *twitches*

I can't understand people. I mean, it just makes no sense.

More people than I can remember have complained about overuse of molds and repaints, yet they love this one.

More people than I can remember have complained about the Victorion combiner, myself included, yet they love this one.

People bitch about Hasbro's tactics and praise Takara as being better than their partners because they do it "right".

What have they done right that's better than Hasbro?
    What has Hasbro done wrong to be worse than Takara?

Hasbro uses the EXACT same molds for Combiner Wars that Takara uses for Unite Warriors. Yes, our Devastator is somewhat stripped down, I fully get that, but every other mold is used by Hasbro without modifications.

We got Alpha Bravo.
    We got Rook.
    We got Offroad.

We finally got Slingshot, Wildrider AND Groove.

Hasbro DID try. People bitched about how hollow and thin the plastics were, how loose they were. Takara uses the same damned molds. They add more paint (not always a good thing), they change a few elements here and there, but it's the exact same mold.

Yet, Hasbro does it wrong with Victorion, but Takara does it right with this abomination? Are you kidding me? That's crap and you know it.

And before anyone even brings up the abomination part of my post let me clear some things up for you:

1. I'm not talking about gender, transgender, gender roles, etc.
    2. I'm not talking about sexism or any other form of bigotry.
    3. I'm talking about it being a straight up EYE SORE.

This is one of the ugliest repaints I've ever seen, and people are eating it up because it's Takara. If Hasbro had come up with the idea, you guys would be ready to form a mob and stalk their offices with pitchforks and torches.

Because this is another version of an all female combiner, you're willing to lap up what you're given without batting an eye and all because of some ridiculous color schemes and names?

Yet Hasbro is Hasblo and they suxxorz. *rolls eyes*

How about we all admit both companies have done us a solid with these figures, and while some don't do it quite right, they did most of it with class and awesome. And people who love this (outside of the ones who truly do), need to admit it's just because of a misguided...whatever running through their mind at the time.

This is an abomination, an eye sore, I don't want to hear you guys complain about Hasbro any more.

7. treatment

I call shenanigans on your post!

[​IMG]

Reckon your eyes need to be checked or your monitor needs to be properly calibrated coz I'm pretty sure the eyesore on that comparo-pic is simply not Megan...

:D 

8. WheelWave140

WheelWave140 Hate's not cool, dudes!

News Credits:
    They're both terribly ugly and I'm honestly surprised both companies managed to do completely different things that are equally awful.

9. treatment

Nah. Hasbro gave the fans terrible color-combo choices to vote for Victorion's colors. Resulting in that terrible red-n-teal combo as being the least eyesore that won among the other eyesore-combo choices provided.

Then reports of QC-fail on Victorion knees or something.

In contrast and so far, the only terrible thing about Megan is that she's a terribly expensive TT-Mall exclusive figure...

10. RavageX-9

RavageX-9 I don't know

Ebay:
    Your high levels of emotional investment have blown some of your logic circuits. Your arguments are full of incorrect statements, the rest filled with subjective opinion passed off as fact.

{Did you forget about Blast Off and Computron? They can release Blast Off but fixing Computron would require the whole set to be rereleased.
    Why are you putting so much importance on molds as if plastic/paint color don't matter? Cartoon accuracy is very popular.

And while there are certainly hypocrites, it's probably not worth your time and energy to keep track of which individuals made which specific claims to contradict each other, as opposed to just lumping them together.}

You're not even paying attention enough to see that some people hate this set. Are you upset because not enough people share your opinion?

Whatever. It doesn't matter. People are allowed to have these opinions, and disagreeing with you doesn't inherently make them illogical..

"Inverse" as in just having less black? "Inverse" makes me think the black is replaced with a unifying color, and the color is black, but that makes them uniform like Victorion.

Piranacon is pretty great. I wish we had a better understanding of color schemes. I feel like we're just apes making up superstitious stories to justify and cover over mere subjective tastes. There's got to be a reason why some people like certain things and other people don't, and why there's common groups. I said that years ago. One of these days I need to learn color theory.

This set's color scheme thematically looks a lot like LioKaiser.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2016
  11. Hanzkaz

Hanzkaz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Amongst other things, one of the things that really makes me like Megatronia more is the layout of paint apps on her legs. Victorion's are very similar to both the Defensors - reinforcing the impression (imo) of a woman cosplaying in a guy's clothes, albeit in different colours. (if someone can put pics of both Defensors, Megatronia and Victorion together, you'll see what I mean).

Megatronia's paint apps are completely different - she's got her own style. That's where she definitely wins for me. Now if Takara ever do an official version of Victorion, I hope they do something similar for her. Maybe even remold some of the surface details to look more different.

12. Composite Ghost

Composite Ghost Motorized Transformer

News Credits:
    Hey man, people like what they like. I'll keep an eye on your posts until I see something shitty that you're into and then I'll be writing a friggin essay on how wrong you are. Stay tuned!

13. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Crossdresser Toy Collector

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    For one, the teal/red color palette certainly wasn't the one I voted for. I voted for the darker blue/orange one IIRC. I always thought the combinations of colors in that teal/red were pretty ugly from the beginning.

This? This color scheme with black in it is much closer to what I actually wanted.

So in this case, I feel Takara "did right" by me. They went with a color scheme that was closer to the one I voted for than what Hasbro offered. Takara offered a color scheme that, for me, I find a hell of a lot more appealing than what Hasbro did.

Also, as a side note, Takara not doing any of the new guys is definitely "doing right" to me also. New guys are meaningless and worthless. The fact that they went G1 all the way with the OG combiners is certainly better than Hasbro for me. But you certainly know that by now.

Considering I couldn't give a fuck about IDW and their characters, having any kind of "accurate" Victorion is pointless and meaningless to me. That's why I skipped her to begin with. But this? I'm down for this. Sure they aren't any established characters, but I can accept NEW, non-G1 characters as long as they're cool, and this is certainly a case where I feel they're cool.

You don't like it? That's cool. But to paint people's like of this set as ONLY pure Takara fanboyism is missing the big picture here.

14. Lacimehc

Lacimehc Tastes like medicine

I like this color scheme better than Victorion. Each of the individual bots now stand out instead of all looking like the same robot devoid of any individuality or personality. It's not that great, but Victorion was honestly quit boring looking compared to this...

15. Type-R

Type-R Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Attached Files:

16. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Considering the retooling done on previous combiner sets (Defensor and especially Computoron) and the extensive retoolings done with the Legends fembots that came out... Retooling to make them more feminine. As it were, folks complained about them being really blocky, and not at all feminine. Like, I figured it wasn't to their standards, regardless of whether it started as a joint project or not. (Also look at Devy too, now that I think of it. They added more bits to make it a better set.)

Ultimately, I hope that the "Liokaiser" set doesn't wind up being a repainted Skylynx at it's core... because man does that look lazy.

And TBH... you can have her as an SG Victorion (put purple Autobot logos on them) or yea... G2 (red Autobot logos). The only one that would be a bit off for either idea is the core bot with her Megatron-esque colors, I suppose.

:lol 

Neat. It's always been the best part of this set. Great head sculpt.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2016
  17. Robert Snoke

Robert Snoke Gundam Astraea hangar

so anyone expect Mega empress to be like the Harley Quinn to Megatron's Joker? having playing cards themed minions does not help either. :lol 

18. nstanosheck

nstanosheck Combiner Limb

News Credits:
    Wait. Wait. Wait! The comic that comes with Computron shows them celebrating Father's Day with Grimlock. Because Grimlock created them, he is considered their father. Now we see that Megatron created his wife? So his wife is also his daughter? This explains why they look alike and adds a whole new level of creepiness to Megatron. Ick!

19. Neko-bot77

Neko-bot77 Face it, we're doomed.

News Credits:
    Didn't read all 47 pages of hate. Not here to discuss abusive, non-transformers related slander. Just commenting on the pics shown of the toy.

I LIKE IT. I'm typically a fan of "black repaints" and this is no exception. Didn't buy Hasbro's Viccy because 1)colors look odd 2) mold-overuse fatigue. But i might buy this... Do I worry that because it's the 10,000,000th use of these molds and they may have degraded by now? Yes, but I'll be looking at every photo leaked of this to see if i want it enough to buy it.

20. nstanosheck

nstanosheck Combiner Limb

News Credits:
    Thank you!