Unite Warriors Devastator

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by optimalprimus, May 4, 2015.

1. dragon

dragon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Stood by itself with leaning at toy fair first time we saw devastator close up never read person comment they buy combined and keep combined bots u combined in separate bit modes and not as one combined bot no elbow shouldn't bother anyone if anyone is plan on keeping him in combined mode if that's all they do with there combiners

2. ShanLan

ShanLan I is a WerWilf

Honestly, why didn't they just use the pin that attaches the lower wheel as a swivel for the elbow as well? It was already an existing pin! Just put a rounded flat end on the lower arm to fit underneath the wheel, pop the wheel off, slide the lower arm onto the pin, replace the wheel, and you'd be all set.

Come on 3rd Party guys, there's your design. Run with it! :D 

Attached Files:

3. OptimusTimelord

OptimusTimelord Masterpiece Reanimator

That would be amazing, if TT modify a few parts to add the missing articulation some of the bots need. If not, I still like the looks of this thing, and I'm convinced that a sprinkling of 3rd party upgrades (with maybe replacement figures for Mixmaster/Long Haul) could work wonders...

4. down_shift

down_shift Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    First thing I noticed too.

5. Bogatan

Bogatan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Its a long time ago, but Takara did sell an improved Powermaster Prime in the 80s so it could happen again.

And considering how many alternative parts are being designed for each CW combiner it doesnt seem crazy that two versions of Devastator have been built for two different markets.

6. God Ginrai

God Ginrai Energon Enthusiast

Other examples include Superlink Galvatron and Galaxy Force Starscream- both different figures from the Hasbro versions.

7. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Insert Clever Title Here

News Credits:
    "Cool Poses" and these terrible things go about as well together as scale and Transformers.

I have no doubt that TT will make this look nice with added paint apps but it doesn't change the fact that the molds look like garbage, aside from the great head sculpts.

8. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If they have done that then I'll certainly be more interested in these guys. My main complaint is Scrapper's and Long Haul's arms, so if TakTom fixed those two issues then I can survive with the other issues this set has.

9. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP My personal sense of scale

News Credits:
    Yeah, but those came out before the Hasbro versions. It was Hasbro that altered those designs by enlarging them.

10. Raiju

Raiju Go For Broke Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Depending on deco, retooling, and price, I may get the Takara version over the Hasbro.

11. Splendic

Splendic bleep blorp

Ebay:
    Scrapper's arms could have easily had elbows and the strength to hold up Devastator if they used a simple telescoping.

But "parts count" or whatever.

12. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy

News Credits:
    Binaltech Wheeljack and Superlink Hot Shot had some different scultps too.

Randy

13. jackisking

jackisking Yeah, the MP line is soooo dead

News Credits:
    I generally prefer Takara's stuff because of the more vibrant colors it,'ll be interesting to see how much hlj will have him for.

14. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    That can't be real...can it?

Ayy Lmao. Seriously it does kind of have an alien vibe here.

How would downsizing them allow them to have more articulation?

15. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

Seriously, what could they change on the paint apps? They already are super g1 inspired.

Only thing they could do is actually take away paint apps or simplify them to make it more screen inspired.

I'd be highly surprised if they change the mold to fix the arms.

16. 80sforged

80sforged Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If they did that, besides the easier fix of purple fists, oh the nerd rage. I am considering getting the TT version anyways, but if they did elbows for Scrapper than makes it feel like a better decision.

17. GR1ML0CK

GR1ML0CK Dinobot Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    If they "fixed" the elbows etc I would be pissed. My last chug anyway but I would be nerd raging like you wouldn't believe

18. Afterburner

Afterburner For your health

News Credits:
    Don't be mad, be happy and save up your money for a quality product.

No. This is the same tired argument we used to hear a lot, but thanks to 3rd parties the "large combiners will have no stability" argument has been completely and utterly demolished. TFC's was certainly heavier than this hollow one is going to be, and Scrapper's arms folded and support it just fine. No reason he couldn't have elbows other than they wanted more profit per Devastator and wouldn't give up the pennies. That was a choice they made, not a requirement from the toy god.

AOE Leader Optimus is another recent example of TakaraTomy taking a Hasbro toy and completely reworking it into something much better. Remember, we have two competing corporate philosophies here which TakaraTomy designers always make clear in their interviews - TakaraTomy is about putting out great product first and worrying about cost second (although there are limits). Hasbro is about cost first and seeing what they can make within those restraints. Hasbro had a price point in mind, Takara was more liberal. The fact that Hasui reportedly worked crazy hard on this might be a clue to something special.

Or it might just have some different paint. He's still very solid and with some painted wheels and a few extra details, I'd be satisfied anyway. But it is fun to dream big!

19. unicronic

unicronic Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I can't see Takara altering a mold at that level to give the elbows.

If they are teasing elbows now I can only believe that the Hasbro scrapper has them and we've missed something or it's a different project altogether.

20. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    Looking at the recent TED-06 Hyper Change Heroes Prime from Adventures makes me believe that TakaTom will go the extra mile at times.

Haven't we all seen it from their release? That Prime actually has articulations for his arms while the Hasbro's equivalent, which is a 3 Step Changer, doesn't.