Unite Warriors Computron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by BlackHawkOmega, Mar 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hasbro's has the better deco, IMO.

2. iacon45

iacon45 Missing: One Custom Title

News Credits:
    So far Takara's still my prefered Computron. The blue canopy is better looking on Afterburner than green, IMO, but the biggest factors that give Takara's an edge for my money is Nosecone from Rook and I like the remolded changes on the Torso. The latter helps him look more than just another Superion with different colors and thats a plus for me. Now we just need to see individual color shots.

3. Aurawind

Aurawind Lazy Headmaster

Yep, comparing the two, I feel like Takara's Computron looks much better. I don't get Hasbro's use of pink, looks gross. It's so weird because they have colors that are so similar yet they aren't the same: 3 different whites, 3 different reds, 2 different oranges. When looking at it closely, it looks like Hasbro's been left in the sun and all the colors faded, even the stickers look like they were put on in the 80s. It gives off a dirty aged look, while Takara's looks new and clean. And using Superion's head is still insulting, specially after having to get Betatron-Scattershot just to get Onslaught...

Anyways, I'll probably end up getting both, but I do like Takara's Computron alot better.

4. Ramjet555

Ramjet555 Well-Known Member

Suck it, Hasblow. Takara comes out on top yet again

5. 8bitboy

8bitboy Well-Known Member

Not into this but if I were going to buy a version of this character, it would be the Takara version hands down.

6. PredaConvoy

PredaConvoy Rogue Tripredacus Agent

Looks great, I'm in. Still wanna see individual Hasbro bot modes tho. Need to see Scrounge especially.

7. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

I can imagine previous UW sets had to sell really well to justify Takara going to such length in retooling for Computron.

8. Bob Schoonover

Bob Schoonover Poorly-Known Member

News Credits:
    PE has yet to release a torso upgrade before color-matching it. The hand/feet upgrades, also, are chosen to match in some sense (I think the Bruticus set isn't color-matched, but doesn't clash - don't have it handy to check my memory).

What will make Computron so interesting will be how they color-match. It'd make more sense for the torso upgrade to match the Hasbro set (presuming it continues using the Superion head and chest plate and is a different shade of red than the Takara one). The hands and feet, though, are more likely to be wanted for the UW set since the CW set comes with dedicated extremities.

I am sure PE will match everything to something - I also think there's no chance they hit their May release date that's listed on BBTS

9. Unicron9

Unicron9 Fan and customizer of the TAWYS

My biggest issue with all of the CW combiners has been the ugly huge hands and tiny feet. That being fixed finally is a big upside to me, but good lord everything else about the Warriors unite version is SO much better. Hasbro's looks like little more than a cheap recolor of other CW figures.
    Guess I'll have to pay another $35 for 3rd party hands and feet...

10. Zer0

Zer0 Well-Known Member

Did someone color the Hasbro version with a crayon?

I do still want the new Combiner Wars hands and feet, though.

11. Splendic

Splendic bleep blorp

Ebay:
    Phenomenal.

Would like Afterburner to be a tad more orange with a white canopy, but otherwise I'm extremely impressed.

I've finished the Warbo set, and it's great, but the simple playability of CW/UW figures has me even more excited for this. Maybe my most anticipated upcoming release.

12. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

Hasbro version is a photo of a photo on packaging. I suppose it's way less saturated and crisp than in reality.

13. Transquito

Transquito Reach For The Light

That coloured photo of Unite Warriors Computron totally sold me.
    It's looking pretty great thus far. Pre ordered the set from HLJ.

14. Aurawind

Aurawind Lazy Headmaster

All the same as previous molds, with maybe, big maybe, a new head. Scrounge probably still has Cosmos' head.

15. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Um... I just gave you one.

If they had, what would you have changed?

You'll regret it more when his value plummets.

16. Autobot Spike

Autobot Spike Original Gangstabot

News Credits:
    Well, I AM getting Computron... And I have to say I TOO really like Brawlcone better than Rookcone.

I suppose because I never had the original g1 combiner, couldn't remember the tv Computron, and my first look at nosecone was the Botcon set... Which I LOVED.... Maybe that's why I'm so biased.... But I can't help it. Its a clever reuse of an existing mold... Something Hasbro is doing well with Computron, and while for me Bruticus HAD to be just right (and thus my UW preorder), I'm really kind of just loving how hasbro has this sort of knack for surprising with retools (like when they did wheelhack and tracks, or sunstreaker and sideswipe).

-A.S.

17. Me Grimlock

Me Grimlock Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Wow what a huge improvement- I'm totally sold on importing!

18. Burnout

Burnout Rogue Mercenary

I am fine with afterburner being redder....what i am NOT okay with is his alt mode looks NOTHING like afterburner but red wheeljack. They can make nose cone look better but not afterburner? WTF?!

19. Wolfdawg

Wolfdawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not usually one to be in the Takara > Hasbro camp...but this version of Computron is sort of making me a Takara fanboy. With some PE feet, this guy will be gorgeous...

Preordered.

20. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    :confused:  If Afterburner looks like a red Wheeljack, what does Lightspeed look like?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.