Unite Warriors Computron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by BlackHawkOmega, Mar 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hanzkaz

Hanzkaz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    After the amount of remolding that Takara have done for their version of Computron, people may be more forgiving of other things. I have to say, though, I'm not finding UW Computron's colour scheme particularly 'boring'. ( I guess even Takara thought an all red Combiner torso was a bit much.).

I actually liked Hasbro's Afterburner, but Takara's is just fine.

2. malcontentman

malcontentman Cybertronian James Cagney

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I like Takara's version way better, but I do agree that Afterburner should be a little lighter.

3. AutobotAlvaron

AutobotAlvaron Autobot

With all the re-molding and apparent catering to G1 fans, Takara Computron has my vote, but Hasbro's is not that shabby considering it seemed they weren't going make one at all.

However, I do have to agree with those who are not loving the overly red AfterBurner nor his less futuristic alt-mode. He isn't "Tron" enough and my preferred color for him is what I like to call "Sweet Potato", and that color isn't it. Overall, all things considered, I really, really like Takara's version more. With Hasbro's version, the yellow Cosmos isn't important to me, but I sure like those bigger, articulated feet. Toy-accuracy is something I like and often prefer, but the Takara re-molds/mold-choices tip the scales in their favor.

I doubt getting both and merging features is feasible for me, but for those who can do it, that may be the best way to make a "perfect" Computron.

Please, please let's see some Hasbro VS Takara bot & alt. mode comparison pics ASAP! That will be the ultimate visual for optimal decision-making purposes. :D 

4. Jerrimus

Jerrimus BOSS

Ebay:
    I think I like the colors on Hasbro, looks more "fun"

5. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

I don't mind people going CW.
    More UW boxed sets available.

Besides, if you're outside of US and you have to import CW or UW boxed set anyway, then the point about TakTom being more xepensive is either entirely void or the difference in price isn't that big.

I suppose that Hasbro Computron will be mostly US.

Can't afford more than one of these sets, but TakTom is a no-brainer if only because of quality shown.

... but I'll be laughing hard if with all this remolding Silverbolt's mold still has the same fragile components.

6. NeilJam

NeilJam Resident Audiophile

News Credits:

UW Afterburner is certainly dark orange, but it is a reddish orange. The lighting in this picture isn't good. ABs legs almost look to be red like Lightspeed, but it's clearer that his torso is orange rather than red.

I don't see how that could be true when there is no brown or yellow on him. I guess there is some brownish red, but that looks accurate for neither.

7. aledromo

aledromo Decepticon at the Gate

Silverbolt is fragile? I never had problems but now I'm legit worried about breaking something.

What's going on with the feet/hands? Is Takara really sticking to the skinny old versions? And did we ever discover whether or not we're getting Groove? CW/UW has me so confused!!

8. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    I'd do everything CW except for Afterburner, and occasionally swith out Nosecones.

It will almost certainly be this weekend.

The darker red makes it less obnoxious than I anticipated, though I still think making the "computing" lights shiny tampos would have been even better at breaking up the color.

9. Repainted

Repainted Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Never noticed the many mold reuses making it go fragile from where I sit. Groove in his deluxe combiner scale will be out next month.

10. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

As far as I know, it's just the panel that the combiner head is attached to. It's really thin and easily prone to cracking. Even snapping off completely in some cases. I think all versions of the mold have that issue.

11. DrOblivian

DrOblivian Mad Doctor jAmS

All I see IS brown and yellow compared the the maroon and orange he was in the toon.

12. Richard McBeef

Richard McBeef Banned

Is there any way to keep that from happening? :( 

13. grindcore138

grindcore138 桐生会は不滅なり!

News Credits:
    A CW Deluxe Groove is indeed happening in May, same deal as Wildrider and Slingshot last year as shared online exclusives.

14. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

Yeah, if after all this remolding this one minor detail (well, not so minor) is left as it was it will be sort of silly.

15. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

I honestly don't know. I knew about the issue before I got my CW Silverbolt, and thus handled that part with extreme care. The panel still cracked the first time I attempted to transform SB out of torso mode. I stopped and put him right back in torso mode, and left him that way, because that panel looks a hair's breath away from snapping right off(it bends at the crack).

16. Neo Tallgeese

Neo Tallgeese Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I guess I finally got my question answered!!!

17. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Dukeup Nukhead

News Credits:
    Largely just be careful and pay attention to where you're applying force when rotating the "neck plate" in either direction - the vulnerable section in question is only as bad as it is despite being worringly thin due to being directly where force is applied on the hinge and the slightly raised nubs to keep the plate locked in stored position. The side opposite the thin area, which is thicker, is the better place to push on when possible as it is a stronger leverage point.

I've also heard that using some custom-cut styrene spacers put on one side of that thin strip helps strengthen it, but I don't remember the specific details.

18. Kantus Prime

Kantus Prime Beast Wars Forever!

News Credits:
    I like the more muted colors on Hasbro's. Hopefully that transfers to the toy.

19. Neko-bot77

Neko-bot77 Cybertronian Kitty

News Credits:
    I've fixed all versions of this mold i have and have had no problems since. The simplest fix:
    1)VERY CAREFULLY pull the combiner head out of the body (do this by pulling back regular head so you can see into the body cavity and inserting a pencil. Use the pencil as a wedge to 'pop' the combiner head out)
    2)The plate the combiner head sits on is the part we are worried about. GENTLY grab the head plate by the thick piece of plastic the metal rod goes thru and rotate the plate into the correct 'combiner position' you will note there are small plastic tabs you have to pop the plate over.
    3) those plastic tabe from step #2? Take your trusty x-acto knife and TRIM THOSE G**D*MN F**KIN THINGS OFF!!!! In fact, trim off ALL plastic tabs related to the combiner head transformation! You don't need them!!!
    4)Without the tabs there, the head plate is free to rotate without causing unwanted stress!!!!

20. Jetfire37

Jetfire37 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Computron looks amazing!

I think the colors are perfectly fine, but honestly until I have him in-hand I can't really comment. Online pics never do the final product very much justice, especially when it comes to lighting.

I am colorblind to certain shades and hues but as far as this initial color pic goes, Afterburner looks good to me.

Question: Does the PE Hands/Feet set for him match his colors? I am curious because PE offered that set way before we ever saw Computron in color?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.