Unique Toys War Lord Beasticons (not Predaking)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by rattraprules98, Dec 2, 2012.

1. darthsutius

darthsutius Minor Sith Lord

News Credits:
    So no group shots of Sharp Claw next to the rest of the team in robot and beast mode? Does it look that ridiculous?

Combined mode looks sweet though, and these definitely turned out better than I think people thought they would. If it weren't for MMC's version, these probably would have been much more popular. I certainly would have picked this option over TFC's neon version.

2. redguyver

redguyver Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    any one else expecting a cd upgrade head with light up eyes!

And I am the only one wanting to see dive bomb with those wings attached instead of the tiny ones

3. Dr. Killinger

Dr. Killinger Plastic Surgeon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There's a couple of pics of the group somewhere in this thread, but Im too lazy to find them. He stands about a head and a half higher then the rest, so they look coherent as a team.

4. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):

That's because you're not reading the thread... If you had seen Cheem's post, you could have gone to the ACToys link and saw the pics...

5. Imperious Prime

Imperious Prime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Just got my email from BBTS. He's sitting in my PoL until Diesel comes in. Man I can not wait, all your photos are making it so hard to wait. Thankfully I'm traveling for the holidays so even if I wanted to I couldn't ship him just yet.

6. Zavien

Zavien Veteran

News Credits:
    I would love a light up head to go right along with the light up feet. The light up head would be icing on the cake. How does it go, paging Dr. WU

7. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I see how they added the height in combined mode by just leaving the legs extended and covering it with the huge waist piece. Smart.

It's just such a shame that he has to partswap to look good.

8. TCracker

TCracker R.I.P., 5/2019 Veteran

News Credits:
    Hmmm...TFSource using my pic in their FB. Wished they could have credited me...Ughhh...

[​IMG]

9. daimchoc

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):

I'll post a message to them TC.

10. Zavien

Zavien Veteran

News Credits:
    What they just jump in here and snag a pic? Yeah TC an honorable mention would be nice bro.

11. Cheem The Rup

Cheem The Rup Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    :D 

12. daimchoc

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    LOL

13. darthsutius

News Credits:
    If I'd never seen the G1 group as a kid, I'd definitely agree that those look coherent. But seeing Razorclaw standing so tall and beefy next to his brothers just doesn't look right. Which is a problem originated by the G1 toy and show. No-one blinks when they see Motormaster or Silverbolt standing over their buddies, but when the Predacons have the same problem it just looks off.

It's definitely a hard one to get right, but I don't understand why more 3P's don't think outside the box on this issue. Why not have the thighs come from the leg bots and the shoudlers come from the arm bots (similar to old Gobot Puzzler)? Why does the middle bot always need to form the entirety of the torso? :confused: 

14. darthsutius

News Credits:
    I'm looking for pics, not text. I'm not going to spend all day reading a thread on a figure set that I have no intention of buying. If anyone here is looking to genuinely support UT besides simply buying the product, then you could do worse than make it simple for people 'skimming' to see why this is a worthwhile purchase. Heaps of people read these boards without necessarily posting.

If you were to base sales for Warlord purely on the active participants in this thread, UT would be lucky to have sold 10 sets, but we know they've sold a lot more than that.

The early-bird pricing on MMC's offering and the inflated US prices on UT at places like BBTS skewed things a bit unfairly too IMHO. In reality, the real price difference between the two sets is around $350 vs $550. MMC's version will lose some of it's shine as components are released and faults are found.

Because of that and TFC's ugly offering, I wouldn't be surprised if the UT set gets a bit of a surge in sales later on down the track, especially if they decide to release a box set.

15. Dr. Killinger

Dr. Killinger Plastic Surgeon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd re buy this as a box set if it's a nice box, I'm a sucker for nice boxes. Love the MMC window boxes with the magnets.

16. daimchoc

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    If you didn't want to read, that's fine, You could have used the search function... Oh wait that's too cumbersome... LOL. Well, now you know where to find the pictures of figures that you aren't even remotely interested in. ;) 

17. archieboy

archieboy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  18. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    Well, it gets points for not splitting apart like I thought it would, and is actually almost like "a more 3-dimensional" version of scramble-city style chest and waist-plates. Torso mode still looks extremely "flat" and thin from the side though. Remove the wings, and you could build a house of cards on his back.

19. Zavien

Zavien Veteran

News Credits:
    I was looking at the arms and what would show in combined mode and I decided it looked a little bland. I added so silver in spots on the arm bots to try and bring them to life I guess. Anyways if it's to much or to little or just plain ugly, an honest opinion would be appreciated. [​IMG]

20. Vermin

Vermin Well-Known Member

I think that looks really good Zavien, looks like just enough paint to bring out the details.