Unique Toys UT-R03 Dragoon - The Last Knight Megatron

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Leopard5, Sep 10, 2018.

1. kronatron

kronatron Well-Known Member

Just saw the full video. Wow! Truly amazing to go from angular warjet to crazy-curvy warrior. Oh, my wallet weeps.

This latest from UT again proves how invertibots are the new 3P-MP of choice. It gives me hope for one day having a line of sensible Beast-Machine formers that embody a true equilibrium of Technorganic mass. Well, for Primal at least.

I hope to have won the lottery by the time this is released, I'd like to get two: one for vehicle mode and one for bot mode, both are absolutely remarkable!

• Like Like x 4
  2. Could Mango Juice

Could Mango Juice Todos saúdam Megatron!

News Credits:

I suspect that they were very careful with the angles and poses they used for their inctial prototype and updated prototype pictures to show all his good sides and play down his potentially negative aspects; at least in relation to his proportions. That may be what is making him seem so different from the prototype.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  3. piman

piman Well-Known Member

I think lit eyes and weapons can easily bring the bot toy to life. It should be a standard nowadays.

• Like Like x 2
  4. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

Are we in the "nitpicking territory" here or are the complaints really justified?! What would normal people (not collectors) said about the headsculpt?!

I really don't see anything that deserve the amount of complaints people are making right now. Could it be better?! Of course! But I say it looks good to me.

• Like Like x 4
  5. octobotimus

octobotimus Decepticon Intelligence

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not nitpicking if you want the figure they say is from the movie to look like he did in the movie....

he can look good to you, and you can still freely love it, but you can’t deny that it ain’t accurate, and is lacking a lot of the detailing this kind of figure needs.

• Like Like x 3
  6. BIOMEC

But it's not like it looks waaaay off, it looks great but it's not perfect either. But again, I am not a headsculpt type of guy, so I may have given them some slack for not making it perfect.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Sayan Rahman

Sayan Rahman Well-Known Member

I wouldn't call myself a collector, I'm more of a normal 18-year-old spending his extra money on transformers. As I said, Unique Toys has devoted fans, I'm merely criticizing because that's what a "thread" is for, a collaboration of opinions. I'm really happy that you think this figure looks fantastic, I also think it looks fantastic. I'm just saying that for a figure above $120, I wish it had better-sculpted detail. When comparing to the movie figures of Hasbro and Toyworld that are in a similar range of price, the detail in Unique Toys falls a bit short. Other than that, and maybe the paint and height, this guy is really amazing looking and the transformation is all kinds of impressive. Whenever you get this figure, I hope you have a blast!
    Edit: It's not just the head detail, it's the overall soft detail throughout Unique Toys figures

• Like Like x 8
  8. Bee Camaro

Bee Camaro Well-Known Member

I feel bad for those who own Challenger and expected it to scale with this Megs. I'm getting Knight Orion, so the height doesn't bother me personally.

The lack of sculpted detail definetly bothers me though, and the lack of LEDs in his eyes.

But damn, this is probably the best transforming figure I've ever seen! The proportions are pretty good in my opinion, even if he is a tad too skinny.

I havent had the time to watch the video just yet, but knowing he goes from a pretty accurate jet to a nearly spot on robot mode is enough to impress me!

• Like Like x 2
  9. piman

piman Well-Known Member

isnt knight orion just 1cm taller than challenger?

10. Could Mango Juice

Could Mango Juice Todos saúdam Megatron!

News Credits:
    Is it gonna go for $120? I hadn't seen anything price wise yet.

Also, I didn't see him incorporate the arm cannon into jet mode. Did I miss something?

11. Sayan Rahman

I've seen sites but him up for $170, sometimes $150, so $120 was just a super lowball price

• Like Like x 1
  12. piman

piman Well-Known Member

Unique Toys R-03 Dragoon

• Like Like x 3
  13. svek

svek Well-Known Member

Looks a bit too good to be true but this is the amount of cash I'd be willing to give for him at this moment :D 

• Like Like x 2
  14. ib4cx3pt

ib4cx3pt Well-Known Member

i don't think this will be accurate. for one we know he is over 30 cm and this says 22cm so i think they will update the price. but i could be wrong.

15. BIOMEC

Don't get me wrong, I understand your point, but the figure is not completely plain either, what really "surprise" me is that people start stating the cons right away without acknowledging the pros of the figure, that is pretty common around here, people focus on what they don't like.

I know ToyWorld put a lot of effort in the paint and the sculpt, but their altmodes are pretty much an afterthought.

• Like Like x 5
  16. Mercutio

Mercutio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Basically we just need ToyWorld to paint Unique Toys' figures. Then this guy would look like 3A's TLK Megs figure, but actually transform.

• Like Like x 9
  17. svek

svek Well-Known Member

A matter of personal priorities I suppose. I know I rarely transform my figures more than once and I'd rather have as best looking robot modes as possible.

• Like Like x 8
  18. ZeroBG82

ZeroBG82 Well-Known Member

This is looking really good. I just hope they don't have another QC mishap like the first run of Challenger.

Still, the video of the transformation is enough to convince me to pick this guy up once he's available. Keep up the good work, UT!

19. Sayan Rahman

I mean fair enough, but this figure has been getting overall praise since the beginning. Unique Toys has some of the most supportive fans compared to many places. When these recent pictures about the figure got released, it wasn’t just negativity so I don’t understand your point there. There were a lot of people that talked about how they loved it, and others that talked about how there was a lot of good, but some bad. I think it feels like there’s only negativity because this thread has over all been so positive, that when a negative comment appears, it feels strange, different, and harsh.
    And also, about the comparison with toy world, we’re not talking about Toy World’s vehicle modes, we’re talking about sculpting. Unique toys can nail a solid robot and vehicle mode, but where several people think they should improve on is sculpting, since for a product that’ll cost around $150 (I believe?), people expect better sculpted details.

Again, I’m not saying this figure doesn’t look great, I’m saying that unique toys has room for improvement for their future figures.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2019
    • Like Like x 12
  20. BIOMEC

Ok!

• Like Like x 1