Unique Toys R06 Red Dasher (Masterpiece DotM Dino)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by BIOMEC, Oct 16, 2023.

1. Zoo

Zoo Yuh Mein

Ebay:
    Those 3 probably do work the best together, Im getting a little bit of fomo I wont lie, but also I think it might be time to just start modding dance of death

2. MattST

MattST Aka Tornadimus Prime

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    And that I have done so. I'll admit im a bit of a photography noob but I'll be sure to get better with time and ill defo show off Dino there when I get it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. MattST

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    can you link these? Im interested in this stuff.

• Like Like x 1
  4. nutnut

nutnut Well-Known Member

Got my copy today. would of been yesterday but my postman decided not to bother to ring the door bell or knock and just put a sorry you were not home slip in the letter box. Any way love the figure but 3 things i don't like 1 i noticed some cracks in the back windscreen round the middle connector pieces and some around the underside of the two lower connectors. I will see if i have any clear glue to fill in the cracks. 2 the inside clear plastic bits don't hold or tab into the leg. 3 the right side arm upper joint is loose. Used swifttransform video to help me transform him. Had a hard time releasing the car doors. But it might just be me. only had him for a hour so haven't done any posing with him. Hopefully i can tighten the screw in the arm to make it better. Apart from those thing I'm very happy with him. I know people don't like how big he is but i don't mind at least he isn't as big or bigger than optimus that would be too big. I really would like sideswipe to be next after the twins but it's up to Unique toy. Sentinel Prime would be cool but I'm happy with my official leader class figure. upload_2024-4-17_12-13-25.jpeg

Last edited: Apr 17, 2024
    • Like Like x 4
  5. MattST

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I would say the OV-01 oversized sentinel is pretty good, only issue is it's way too big for even the oversized scale. Its as big as LS-12 Megatron

• Like Like x 1
  6. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I didn't like that figure at all. Too disproportionate at that size and he couldn't even hold his weapons on my copy. Once figures get to be a certain size they're not that fun to manipulate, IMO.

• Like Like x 2
  7. MattST

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Thats fair. My MT devastator has injured me tbh when ive tried manipulating it

8. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Dang really? Mine has the apposite, he won’t let go of the weapons on my copy :lol .

• Like Like x 1
  9. Shmoptimus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Haha I've had that happen too! With the OSKO shockwave and also DS Devastator. I'm glad a lot of people are super happy with OV-01 but it wasn't for me. Too big and not detailed enough. I think UT could do an amazing job, but I also wouldn't be sad if they did a few really good carbots for a couple years. Not really interested in the twins unfortunately. Wish they were doing bee or sideswipe or crosshairs instead.

• Like Like x 2
  10. TFtoycollector

TFtoycollector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  11. cybertroncollector

cybertroncollector Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    OV sentinel was the first figure I was immediately disappointed in. Upper body looks way too boxy, his lower legs lack detail and his coat is not accurate. Only when you swap it with his fake one. Head looks good though. Its just not refined enough but thats because its model is derived from the ss figure

• Like Like x 2
  12. MattST

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Legit need a crosshairs some point. Im trying to flesh out my TF4/5 bots but there's just no mpm scale crosshairs at all, and I didn't manage to get the WJ hound which is now impossible to find.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Zoo

Zoo Yuh Mein

Ebay:
    I was debating getting him but mainly after ur reviews i decided to to skip, hope hes next after UTs twins (tho id they did que, sideswipe crosshairs etc i wouldnt be mad)

irc at one point ut said they wouldnt do carbots anymore and im glad thats not the case anymore

• Like Like x 1
  14. Be0wulf

Be0wulf Member

Based on more recent pictures the hands aren't as bad as I originally thought. Still might try to paint them black with the gold fingertips when I receive my copy.

15. Tef

Tef Well-Known Member

Figure of the Year contender right here!

• Like Like x 6
  16. lizardj

lizardj Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    20240418_144019.jpg 20240418_143938.jpg

just got mine in the mail. my initial reaction is, kinda meh. he's lacking quite a bit in level of scuplted details and, with very simplistic transformation, fiddle fun-factor. even against peru kill and la hire, he just feels like he's of less quality in design and materials used.

+
    scales well with other official and 3rd-party mpm carbots
    nicely proportioned and pretty screen-accurate
    great articulations overall

-
    color variation in thick coat of red paint and lack of sculpted detailes
    doesn't roll very smoothly in altmode because rubber tires don't fit securely
    very noticeable panel gaps

7 out of 10 welp

• Like Like x 4
  17. Zoo

Zoo Yuh Mein

Ebay:
    7/10 not bad, im so tempted to pull the trigger

• Like Like x 1
  18. Shmoptimus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Metagate has said they're gonna do him, although they've made triple changers their thing now so who knows when... Although they are supposedly doing another TLK Drift without the third mode, so maybe crosshairs will be next after that. Hopefully!
    Yeah I may spray them black and do the gold fingertips eventually too but I just don't feel a super great need to do it just yet.
    You're of course entitled to your opinion but I personally disagree with this. For me the simple transformation is a HUGE appeal of the figure. Not many 3P figures that I actually look forward to transforming, but this is one of them. Also the detail and accuracy is great in all the places it really counts. Only part for me that feels under detailed is the outsides of the thighs, where the ninja star thingies are. Pery Kill looks like a joke these days compared to stuff like this. LA Hire is still a fun and great toy though, perhaps superior to this figure. Won't argue there.

• Like Like x 5
  19. Zoo

Zoo Yuh Mein

Ebay:
    if ur into that kind of stuff, you might be able to find an osko ofnthe deluxe on temu or smth

20. MattST

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    None exist that I’m aware of and even then the studio series one just doesn’t really do it for me