Unique Toys - Masterpiece Skids and Mudflap

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by BLNadal, Feb 8, 2024.

1. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    I fully believe the Wreckers were originally meant to have redneck stereotype accents to match their appearance.

• Like Like x 5
  2. QuintusTheExaltedOne

QuintusTheExaltedOne Creator of the Quintessons and ex-Prime

News Credits:
    g1 wheeljack has a brooklyn accent, cosmos has a spanish accent, and seaspray is gargling water, its been there from day 1. That being said, accents are one thing, horribly offensive caricatures of people is another

Last edited: May 21, 2024
    • Like Like x 5
  3. Gargamel

Gargamel Well-Known Member

It was probably easier for 9-10 year old me to accept back then :) 

Whenever I watch one of the movies, I always get annoyed about what could have been had it not been for the exaggerated comedy, the poor human roles, the caricatures, etc.

• Like Like x 1
  4. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    What? Hmmm I don't think so!

• Like Like x 1
  5. DaveTheCave

DaveTheCave Well-Known Member

But when they have Americans accents its fine because Americans don't have have an accent apparently

• Like Like x 8
  6. Rakuen_Nox

Rakuen_Nox Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Exactly, never saw anyone complain that ironhide spoke like a southern cowboy, wheeljack being from Brooklyn or Cosmo sounding Hispanic; these are aliens who are all about assimilating into earth’s cultures - is it so hard to believe they chose an accent they identify with it like the sound of?

• Like Like x 9
  7. Wizardlizard714

Wizardlizard714 Lover of metal weirdos

I like soundwave’s accent the best:p 

• Like Like x 4
  8. siniquezu

siniquezu Well-Known Member

I hated these characters but UT is just amazing.

9. Johnson the third

Johnson the third Well-Known Member

yeah because its not like the plot of 2 and 4 depend on the plots of the film before them

• Like Like x 3
  10. Gargamel

Of course there is SOME continuity, but to me it's just very, very slim. To me, the plot twists seem to be invented as we go along, and no master script was done originally.

Obviously, it will always be subjective.

I'll try to elaborate with the risk of being hunted down :) 

Movie 1:

Autobots come to Earth to find the AllSpark which also cause Megatron to crash land a long time ago. We're (my interpretation) led to believe that this is the Transformers' first interaction with Earth and humans.

The AllSpark is destroyed.

Movie 2:

A fragment of the AllSpark is suddenly recovered. There is the continuity. To me, though, this is like those soap operas where someone is presumed dead but suddenly reappears.

Megatron is then revived (continuity again), and suddenly there's a new enemy we never heard about before, The Fallen, and Transformers were actually on Earth a long time ago to build the planet destroying machine. Which we (I) presumed after watching movie 1 hadn't occured.

Movie 3:

Transformers have now also been to the Moon, and a new bad guy, Sentinel Prime, is introduced who wants to bring Cybertron to Earth. Which fails.

Movie 4:

A few years after movie 3 (there is the continuity), the government is hunting down Decepticons gome in hiding. A new bad guy, Lockdown, suddenly appears who wants to take Optimus.

Suddenly the Dinobots, who've been on Earth a long time, but who we've never heard about, appear and help in the battle.

Movie 5:

Dare I say it, a new villain, Quintessa, magically appears. It now seems Transformers have been on Earth since the Middle Age and have played a huge part in Earth's history. Oh, and something about Unicron inside of Earth.

And the random events go on in Bumblebee and ROTB.

Again, it's subjective, and I'm not saying you can't enjoy them. All I'm saying is that, to me, they all could've been so much better. But I still mildly enjoy them, mainly because of all the cool robots.

Last edited: May 23, 2024
  11. Gargamel

This is true :D 

12. DominiksGeekyLife

DominiksGeekyLife Broke with expensive taste

Instagram:
    Lol, 25% of this thread consists of discussing the actual toys and the rest 75% is people arguing about racism....

• Like Like x 13
  13. Kaynowa

Kaynowa #MakeTransformersStupidAgain

News Credits:
    To be totally fair here, this isn't accurate to the film. The dinobots were on lockdowns ship. I presume you're referring to the metal dinosaurs they highlight in the arctic in the beginning of the movie, which would make sense because a competent writer would make that relevant to the film itself but they're unrelated and I guess just what KSI mines for the transformium. That they were dinosaurs in the dinobot focused movie is just.. happenstance? Dropped plot point? Contrivance? Take your pick

• Like Like x 4
  14. Pitor

Pitor Well-Known Member

They were killed by the creators when they visited Earth to make transformium. I know it's a thick plot but the movies are meant to entertain and make $$$ so we shouldn't expect great storytelling here.

15. Kaynowa

Kaynowa #MakeTransformersStupidAgain

News Credits:
    No I get what happened to them to make them metal I just forget if they said anything explicit about them actively using the dinosaurs to source the metal since the most we see is them melting Ratchet's head to get it. We should totally expect at least the bare minimum of coherent structure and plot of a movie though.

• Like Like x 1
  16. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    At some point I guess they were on Earth (because of their alt modes), but Lockdown captured them somewhere else

17. Pitor

Pitor Well-Known Member

One of the KSI employees said that they were running out of transformium so I guess they knew about the dinosaurs.
    Those movies look to me like they made it all up along the way. After 2007 success they had to come up with believable plot to continue the franchise so we met the Fallen and so on.

18. ladiesman217ebay

ladiesman217ebay Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    Fr

19. f-primusunicron

f-primusunicron i just wanna be loved

News Credits:
    i would love to argue about how innacurate these figures are and the only reason to keep an eye on them is because they are the only company trying
    i dont even like most of unique toys and even their most recent figure, dotm dino, as nice as that transformation looks, is still not THAT good, they keep making the same old mistake sin terms of sculpting and sometimes they use fake pieces where they should have not
    so yeah, im more exited because they are the twins than because its unique toys and honestly dont understand people's love for the company

"can we discuss about that?"

• Like Like x 2
  20. mlgpapalouie

mlgpapalouie The King of Bad Luck

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    if UT’s most recent stuff isn’t good enough for you i’d recommend just going into cryosleep for like 10-20 years

stating my opinion 100% seriously: Metagate, UT, and Newage all have their own little issues with their figures and I don’t think it’s because they suck I think it’s because there’s a limit to what’s physically possibly without being either totally undoable or a breakable pos toy

• Like Like x 7