Unique Toys - AOE/TLK Optimus Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by BLNadal, Oct 23, 2017.

1. Sayan Rahman

Sayan Rahman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Anyone know if the new batch comes with the new head?

2. XaxisGuy

XaxisGuy Metasuchian

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I think we would post it here if we knew

3. MrJoshimusPrime

MrJoshimusPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't think the new batch will have the movie accurate head unfortunately

• Like Like x 1
  4. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Which character do you guys want UT to do next after Galvatron? Assuming they're sticking to aoe/tlk:

1) Drift (bugatti or mercedes I don't care but no half-assed helicopter mode please)
    2) Evasion Optimus
    3) Another stab at a more accurate Lockdown

• Like Like x 1
  5. Pcm979

Pcm979 Well-Known Mimber

Counting La Hire, they alternate between good and bad guys. That means their next character is a good guy. Unfortunately I don't really care about any of the other Autobots, so I'm going to take a swerve into left field and say I'd like to see them try their hands at the Dinobots since GCreation's Grimlock is looking increasingly disappointing. I doubt they'll go there, though.

6. ThoVwj

ThoVwj Well-Known Member

screen accurate evasion Optimus would be awesome

as for lockdown If they can fix his knees that would be a plus

can’t wait for their galvatron

• Like Like x 1
  7. A Good Noodle

A Good Noodle “We’re werewolves, not swear-wolves”

I want to see them make Dino/Mirage. It would be a good fit for them since he has very similar proportions to Lockdown and Hot rod.

8. Shmoptimus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I'd love for them to do a Dinobot but I wonder how they would scale it. If they do another Grimlock I won't need it since I have the SS one and I preordered GC's. If they do other dinobots then they need to scale with one of the Grimlocks that are out there, so they will have to deal with that.

GCreation's grimlock looks like a pretty great figure, it's just way too expensive. If it were $150 I don't think anyone would be complaining about it.
    If they fix Lockdown's knees then they can make his proportions more accurate, too! He was way too tall with long legs and a small head, which is wrong for Lockdown. I always said that Lockdown has a soccer player body but Peru Kill has a basketball player body. And of course they need to do the same thing they did for Challenger and give him a new super accurate head.
    Alien Attack already made a cool Dino and UT seems to be sticking to post-dotm designs so that's what I'm assuming they'll do next.

9. Pcm979

Pcm979 Well-Known Mimber

I was totally on board with him no matter the price at first, but now I'm really worried that he won't be able to hold his weapons up, or over time even stand up. That makes him too expensive for me at any price. But that's a discussion for another thread.

If we're ignoring the AoE/TLK restriction then my vote instantly goes to Sentinel Prime. A great-looking robot mode which definitely feels like the first use of the AoE/TLK design language, and could definitely use some UT magic to neither be a nightmare to transform like the Leader or with massive kibble backpacks like all the Voyagers.

• Like Like x 2
  10. ThoVwj

ThoVwj Well-Known Member

If u don’t have dragoon or plan on purchasing that figure; I have a head I can get rid of. I got rid of my challenger waiting for TW Orion

• Like Like x 1
  11. DeGoisis

DeGoisis The Big Bad Robot

Instagram:
    Evasion Optimus or '67 Bee (the only Bee I care about)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Detroa

Detroa Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    AOE / TLK : we're probably only very few to want this but I'd like an AOE Optimus. The design is pretty close to TLK but that would be a nice occasion for UT to try to outdo themselve and make a more beefy rendition of the character.

If we're not limited to AOE / TLK : I'd love a nice MP rendition of ROTF Sideswipe or a DOTM Sentinel Prime.

13. Shmoptimus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I feel ya on Grimlock, but I’m usually in the “buy and see” camp then I sell later if I’m not happy.

And totally, if they were to expand to the OT sentinel would be first on my list for sure. The SS voyager is really good for the price though, and blows the older figures out of the water.
    By “aoe design” do you mean before he gets the sword? Cause that version is definitely not beefier. His arms get noticeably bigger once he gets the sword.

14. Detroa

Detroa Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes but I meant beefier than Challenger (which is too skinny) not beefier than the official TLK design, sorry. In fact, I wouldn't mind a new beefier try at the TLK design, it's just that while an AOE version is unlikely, a TLK is even more unlikely.

15. ThoVwj

ThoVwj Well-Known Member

people always say that in AOE and TLk he looks different I beg to differ, he looks completely the same to me

• Like Like x 1
  16. Shmoptimus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Oh I see well I think challenger is very well proportioned but if you want beefier just go with toyworld’s version he’s got Popeye arms.
    No he was the same design, he was just way more beat up until he became nemesis prime. Maybe they made some small tweaks here and there like they did between 07 and rotf but the overall design was definitely the same.

17. Mercutio

Mercutio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I want them to break their post-trilogy rule and do Sentinel Prime.

He still has almost no recognizable vehicle kibble in bot mode, so it would suit their design style of turning most of the vehicle parts inside out and hiding them. It would also fit their pattern of sticking to the "lead" hero / villain characters (Optimus, Lockdown, Megatron, Galvatron).

And I'd rather have a masterpiece-quality Sentinel than any other movie character. Make it happen, UT!! :rock 

• Like Like x 2
  18. Bee Camaro

Bee Camaro Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    1. Crosshairs
    2. Crosshairs
    3. Crosshairs
    4. Stinger
    5. 67 Camaro Bee

19. Whomps

Whomps The World's Okayest User

News Credits:
    Assuming they do more than AoE/TLK, I really want Sideswipe and Mirage

20. Chris C137

Chris C137 Have some self respect. Take the QC sticker off.

News Credits:
    Honestly any of those would be good. Drift would be good as he hasn't been done before but I think I'd want an evasion Prime the most. I think because I saw Dino Model Shops custom model with the 3D printed head the other day. Only question I'd have is if UT improve their paint and sculpting first. They've nailed the hard part with the engineering on their figures, now they need to up their sculpt and paintwork. And maybe some extra articulation too :p 

• Like Like x 1