Unique Toys - AOE/TLK Optimus Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by BLNadal, Oct 23, 2017.

1. Bainreese

Bainreese Well-Known Member

Received mine today from TFsource. I don’t have time to transform him tonight but I’ve confirmed that all four rear tires are there, preorder extras were in the shipping box, and I’ve turned the smoke stacks up to about 90 degrees before they want to stop. I think I need to transform him to really know whether they are going to be a problem.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Sonofadefro

Sonofadefro Don't waste food. I'll keel you

U'll have to open the chest compartment, and look thru the small gap in the smoke stacks. There, u'll be able to see the annoying, big ass sprue that stands in your way. U'll need a flat head screw driver to chisel it away. If possible, drop some oil or lube into the gap to loosen it. Mine has been self remedied, and has no issues now. Good luck, and fiel Erfolg!

• Like Like x 2
  3. Piemanbegins

Piemanbegins Well-Known Member

I've had my copy of Challenger since Monday and have had some time to transform it a few times to massage out the kinks.

Smokestacks are incredibly tight, can't start moving them without some kind of tool to pry them out of his back, might finally invest in shock oil but otherwise seem fine. Paint job, especially the red, is a bit sloppy. Missing the bottom flame in truck mode like many others. The shield peg is incredibly tight, I only wiggle it in just enough to have the friction to not fall off, might sand it down today.

One thing I don't recall being mentioned is plastic warping; The top right door doesn't close all the way and the top left bit of the sleeper sticks up a touch to much. I'm not 100% certain it's plastic warping, every time I transform Challenger things seem to go more smoothly, but my Peru Kill also has minor warping so... yeah.

I think that's all my thoughts. I really like the figure, but a bunch of little things have knocked the wind out of my sails a little bit. Like, the neck is super tight but the plate the head is on is much looser so when I try to pose the plate moves first... The fists are strange and unconvincing as fists... The toes should have locked in... Little details like that. Like the figure though. Transformation is fun... Not to mention the blue stripe not on the grille, but why are the ends of the bumper not chrome/metal/whatever? So weird.

• Like Like x 1
  4. rendsora

rendsora Well-Known Member

Actually TT is the one that does most of the engineering for TFs. The only thing holding 'em back from going all out is...Hasbro.

There was a recent 3-part interview with one of TT's lead designer for Bayformer toys, he mentioned of Hasbro cost-cutting measures, obsession with gimmicks, compliance to safety standards, adherence to restricted parts count for the various toylines/class size & other interference that prevents them from going all out with the movie toys.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
    • Like Like x 5
  5. Sonofadefro

And this attitude shows in the products. TT has better paint jobs, and better QC overall. Much to be desired from the official line, is all I can say

• Like Like x 2
  6. Mercutio

Mercutio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In other words: Everything good about Transformers figures comes from Takara. Everything bad... comes from Hasbro.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Not anymore though :(  Same figures as hasbro now. It used to be exciting to see TT stuff but now it's literally the same figures but months later.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Bainreese

I got to transform him tonight. It is a step above Peru Kill in technical transformation but not too high above.

That may be the closest I’ve ever come to an orgasm while doing anything other than what is commonly expected in order to produce one. Love and awesomeness were poured into this figure.

Does he have a few flaws? Yes, but I don’t care. The smokestacks, both top and bottom are not great. His toes not holding firm definitely is less than desirable. But those things just fall away when you transform that robot into that truck and then step back and go.....whoa.

Bravo Unique Toys. You amaze me.

• Like Like x 11
  9. Squall42080

Squall42080 Autobot RSX Type-S

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Honor to the end.

IMG_20181017_221122_540.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  10. rendsora

Yup unfortunately it's all in the name of the so-called Brand Unification.. :( 

• Like Like x 1
  11. CoRDS

CoRDS Well-Known Member

ordered mine on sunday and got it today

first transformation was tricky but thanks to EMGO's JTI i got through it with no drama.

mine seems to be in perfect condition apart from some slightly loose hip swivels.

this is an amazing transformation from start to finish.
    transforming back from truck to bot was a breeze even without instructions or a video, and the 2nd transform from bot to truck was simple.

it boggles my mind how someone worked out how to design this thing from bot to truck and for it to look so amazing in both modes.

i am almost exclusively a G1 style masterpiece collector but these UT movie bot figures are just too amazing in their engineering for me to pass up.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Pcm979

Pcm979 Well-Known Mimber

Well, I got my replacement Challenger in today, and the headlights seem firmly attached, BUT it's missing one of those teeny tiny pins that the shoulder pad hinges on. Does anyone know the dimensions of one of those tiny pins? I'll buy one and hammer it in myself if I know what to type into Amazon.

13. Aeon Seraph

Aeon Seraph Well-Known Member

Got mine yesterday. After checking, there is no defect. Already transforming it from bot to truck, truck to bot.
    The transformation is quite complex yet so user friendly, so my 2nd transformation doesn't need to read the instruction again.
    20181019_061138.jpg
    Unfortunately, my Lockdown dagger is broken at the handle when in the package. Now I have to wait the result after mending it with glue.
    20181019_061240.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  14. Sonofadefro

Or.. you could contact your seller and see if he can get a replacement part from the factory

• Like Like x 2
  15. Pcm979

Pcm979 Well-Known Mimber

A single, centimetre long pin? Shipped all the way from China? Surely that would be an extravagant waste.

• Like Like x 1
  16. YipNipples

YipNipples Is it cold in here?

Nevertheless, you should let the seller know you received a defective product.

• Like Like x 1
  17. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

All these qc problems are what make me a loyal customer of TFsource!

• Like Like x 4
  18. Bainreese

But you didn’t save that $5!

• Like Like x 3
  19. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I looked at the instructions enough to get how the arms are transformed then I left them aside and have never looked at them again. The exact positioning of the shoulder pads and all that is the only part that I couldn't guess on my own. Shows what a fun and intuitive transformation it is!

• Like Like x 1
  20. rendsora

Another one of my fav reviewer (who doesn't quite like Bayformers) just posted a vid. Mr paint lover..BSF lol.

• Like Like x 6