Unique Toys - AOE/TLK Optimus Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by BLNadal, Oct 23, 2017.

1. Applejacktimus

Applejacktimus Still see the Sunshine

it looks weird

...I think, as a former Grammar Nazi, as I get older and examine the English language, I might be slowly realizing that it's a clunky, impractical, and inconsistent language that constantly breaks its own rules. I like learning about linguistics and such; I think it's a really interesting topic, deconstructing and examining the very languages we made, but it does prove that languages aren't always perfect and can be straight up irrational at times. It makes me want to learn more languages in search of the "perfect" one, though I doubt one even exists...

(and yes, I know I make lots of run-on sentences. It's just how I prefer to write.)

this sure is relevant

• Like Like x 2
  2. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Eh, I wouldn't worry, your sentences may be long but they read fluidly and conversationally. There's a difference between soemone who forgets that punctuation is a thing and someone who just has something to say and says it well. Nothing worse than the kid who's typing on his phone and just spews out a mass of words with no structure or logic.

And yes... extremely relevant! Although it was actually Magnus who was "formally" recognised for precision in language and writing.:p :D :) 
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
  3. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    Since it's Sunday, I made a really SERIOUS prayer.

"Please make Toyworld not pay their designers again so we can have their version at half price!!!"

Does that make me evil?

• Like Like x 2
  4. D0nut

D0nut Well-Known Member

I actually really like the silhouette this one cuts more than UT's

5. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    If that black apple KO isn't good enough for you then I honestly don't know what you want in an MPM Prime. I am happy with my official MPM since I don't intend to display him in truck mode, although I have seriously considered getting LT-02 one of the other ones.
    Thanks! It took a while but I'm happy with it. And yes, I agree that basically hasbro can't bring out the full potential of its own toys, but for me who likes painting his figures to a certain extent, molded detail is much more important than painted detail, since one of those is much easier to add myself. Do I want both? Yes. And Challenger seems to deliver on both to a satisfying degree, but things like the unpainted fingers or the lack of any ink washing don't bother me as long as the flames are all there cause fuck that I'm not doing that myself haha!

• Like Like x 4
  6. Sephiroth169

Sephiroth169 Well-Known Member

There are Rumors now, that Toy Worlds Optimus Prime is actually Black Mamba Optimus.
    Both Figures look exactly the same, so there might not be 4 Versions, but only 3 Versions of Optimus as before.

But if everyone is going right after Optimus now, i really want to see the Megatron "Wars".
    And this WILL happen if the 3rd Party War about Optimus is over.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Mr.Deflok

Mr.Deflok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm picking the designer for this is the same guy who did Buzzing and Peru Kill, both of which are some of my favourite transformers ever. Stands to reason this will floor me too. No way in heck I will even consider Toyworld's, even if it did look good.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Sonofadefro

Sonofadefro Don't waste food. I'll keel you

I hate to be that guy, but... Release date? Also, the only other movie character I want is sentinel prime. Crosshairs has nice design, but one can only have so may carbots, you know what I mean?

9. rendsora

rendsora Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hate to be that guy but sources from Carousell S'pore (an online buying/selling app) tells me around this month end.

Just take it with a pinch of salt & add a dash of optimism. :) 

• Like Like x 2
  10. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    Where can I buy this optimism?

• Like Like x 3
  11. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Not Pessimus Prime

Ebay:
    Taobao.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Starganderfish

News Credits:
    But shipping costs extra

• Like Like x 3
  13. Applejacktimus

The Black Apple KO, but not stupidly oversized?

• Like Like x 4
  14. John TheDestroyer

John TheDestroyer Cognitive ability of a rock

News Credits:
    In this day and age of engineering? Nope

• Like Like x 2
  15. John TheDestroyer

John TheDestroyer Cognitive ability of a rock

News Credits:
    Idk man, the sculpt and detailing on the Voyager is pretty dope and is really brought out with some custom paint. I'd like to see a 3p try to beat this level of accuracy in the detailing or sculpt. Just found this picture on Google so props to whoever made the custom, it's really good.

PicsArt_05-13-02.52.26~01.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  16. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Have yet to see what 4Ever will do with this guy (he is planned/in development- although I suspect he's years away at the rate they move), but on Prime they literally reengineered most of the body pieces. It's not just about better paint. I have 4Ever Prime and 3A Prime. 4Ever's is more accurate with superior paint. I can't speak to Prime 1 studio, but short of that, 4Ever's Prime and megatron are simply the best representations available.

17. Starganderfish

News Credits:
    Is the LT-02 not sufficient for that? (genuinely curious)
    I got my LT-02 a month or two ago and it's pretty solid and well put together. I haven't bothered to transform mine but I thught reports were that the second run was generally pretty good? Feedback seems generally good in the recent pages of the thread. With the articulated hands from the Mr Bucket said he seems like a solid piece.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Applejacktimus

The Legendary Toys figure is a straight-up KO with premium paint. (and apparently better QC) Black Apple's custom which will be the basis for Wei Jiang/Black Mamba's (can't remember which) KO has several upgrades for things like the shoulder pads, backpack, hood, wheels, etc. but it's oversized to fucking Supreme class for whatever reason. Even if it weren't oversized, though, I'd still not be fully satisfied because he wouldn't be compatible with the UFO trailer/weapons ring, FWI Jetwing kit, official DOTM concept Jetwing pack, Cubex Ion Cannons, and several other accessories I've gotten too attached to that only work with the Leader mold. Not to mention despite the robot modes between Leader and MPM being the same height, the MPM's vehicle mode is smaller and would fuck up my ~1/32 scale movieverse collection, which I built around the Leader because I assumed we would never see any more Peterbilt 379 Prime figures that could rival it. (plus the truck mode is inaccurate in general, scale aside)

Granted, even though most people here don't care about alt-modes or accessories as much as me, Black Apple's design changes are undenialbly upgrades that make the figure better than the MPM with better paint and QC, so no, LT02 is really just what we should've gotten to begin with.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Starganderfish

News Credits:
    Ah cool. I honestly had no idea as I don't usually collect Bayformers stuff, I just got LT-02 Optimus and ROTF Leader class Megatron for my misc leadership collection (they scale well together and I have so litte attachment to the Bayverse characters that they work fine as a pairing for my purposes)
    It's possible that another company may do a first trilogy Prime in the scale you want... but I guess it's a long shot that it would work with your accesories.
    That's a bummer man.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Applejacktimus

The bright side is that I'm actually perfectly happy with my APS01-U version of Leader Prime and actually have a full set of mods in planning if I ever decide I want a better representation of the design thanks to the electronics giving me plenty of room to work with if I decide to kill them. :) 

I might get some form of MPM-04 someday just to experience the mold, but unless it fulfills my extremely picky needs above, he's never replacing the $270 figure I've given literally over $1000 worth of accessories and upgrades. APS01-U ain't going anywhere. :D 

• Like Like x 2