Unintentional Humor In Transformers

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by B-Fox, Jan 17, 2008.

1. B-Fox

B-Fox Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I find myself giggling whenever I read issue #82 of the Marvel U.K. comic and get to the part with the Wreckers at Maccadam's Old Oil House.

After Fang's (that generic Decepticon who looks like a pickle) mean-spirited beating of Piano Guy (that Autobot who...turns into a piano), Twin Twist gets involved and I just find it really funny how Twin Twist first whispers the Wreckers' battle cry before yelling it at Fang and destroying him with that bizarre double punch that also causes him to bend over like he's going to pick up a dollar or take a dump.

In the Movie, when Optimus is running to save Sam after Starscream shoots the rescue copter, it seems as if old compassionate and heroic Prime totally ignores the plight of the helicopter. Did he pretty much figure the pilot and whoever else was on the copter were as good as dead and not worth wasting time to save? It's like "Sorry! In a rush! Gotta save mah boy! Go with God, Helicopter Guy!"

Also, the Monkey People from Beast Wars always make me laugh. They're just so hideous and monkey-like.

Anybody else got some examples of laughing at inappropriate moments in TF lore?

2. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Transformers Movie when Megatron dies.
    It just screams HEART BUUUUUUUUUUURN.

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    The burning Helicopter with un-doubtably (or near) dead occupants spiraling out of his reach faster than he can track takes priority over the one single most important human carrying the life (and death) giving Allspark about to be killed by an insane megalo-maniac GAINT FUCKING SCARY-AS-SHIT robot death machine?

Hilarious.:lol  But seriously, the fact that he almost turns his head to track it and is then like "Dammit' is kinda funny. That's what I love about (good) CGI. The natural movements.

Also, when Snarl punched the mis-coloured Shrapnel in WWI for no reason was funny.

4. Peale

Peale Arcade Game Repair Tech

Ebay:
    I know! I think that every time I see the movie. He could have just caught the coptor on it's way down and set it down to save the people inside.

But...I guess the needs of the many supersede the needs of the few, or the one.

5. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Let me get this one out of the way early in this thread:

Ultra Magnus: "It's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.... Alright, give me the bomb."

6. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    catching a flaming, blown-up helicopter and setting it down would not save the flaming, blown up dead people inside of it.

7. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

News Credits:
    I believe the quote was "It's beautiful! Alright, hand me the bomb."

How about "Amazing! A booby trap that actually catches boobies."

8. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

I always get a kick out of the G1 scene when they're playing basketball and Prime passes the ball to Spike

There's another scene where Prime calls Scourge "Scmurge" , or it sounds like it

9. B-Fox

B-Fox Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks for reminding me of "Chaos in C-Minor"! It has two hillarious bits in there:

1. The shot of Galvatron and Soundwave flying side-by-side while holding hands. (Galvatron IS Megatron! Soundwave's heart knows the truth!)

2. When Blaster dives in to hit the erase button on Soundwave it looks like Blaster is groping the poor guy's crotch.

Soundwave: "Bad-touch! Bad-touch! I-need-an-adult!"

10. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Nope, I've got the quote right. From Fight or Flee while he was with Sandstorm.

Then there's that other one he had...

[​IMG]

11. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

:lol 

12. Peale

Peale Arcade Game Repair Tech

Ebay:
    What if they weren't dead yet? From what I saw, only the tail got hit.

13. trebleshot

trebleshot www.Toyark.com Veteran

News Credits:
    All I can think of at the moment are bits that appear to be intentional humor (at least to me), but here's one that might qualify:

Galvatron: Now, Decepticons, learn the price for your disloyalty! Attack!
    Cyclonus: Attack whom?
    Galvatron: Everyone!

14. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Still, since physics weren't generally ignored, catching the copter would just have it blow Prime up. Plus, the people inside were still burning. And unless he was able to fly like Starscream, he probably couldn't have caught it without screwing them all up. It was still spinning, and thus would be way too difficult to catch. If it was just going straight down, maybe he could've tried, but still...

I wouldn't have. As much as I would've wanted to, it would be a lost cause, and Sam vs. Megs took priority. (besides, he needed time top get into position to catch Sam.)

It's not like he could just reach out and pluck it from the air. It's a helicopter, not a person.

15. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I've always felt the Optimus should have at least made a try for the helicopter. However, Spike, er I mean Sam most likely would have gone SPLAT!

16. Deceptikitty

Deceptikitty all about the hasubandos

Part three of More Than Meets the Eye, where Starscream goes over to Megatron on his knees after he was shot. I'm perverted, I know.

Also, I don't remember which episode it was, but Optimus was force-transforming Megatron. It looked like origami...

17. DarkDranzer

DarkDranzer Well-Known Member

What about his responses to being tied up on a shrink's couch? "Kill!! Smash!!! Destroy!!! Rend!!! Mangle!!! Distort!!!" and let's not forget the classic "IHTA!!! IHC!!! AINVFOYE!!!" aka "I hate the Autobots!!! I hate Cyclonus!!! *strangled yell* And I'm not very fond of you either!!!" XD

18. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

Megatron telling Optimus to grab him and load him always makes me chuckle at the unintended innuendo.

The final scene between Galvatron and Lord Zarak in Rebirth is way too funny, especially when Galvatron points his thumb at himself and screams "MEEEEEEEEEE!!"

19. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

I'm going to avoid the obvious intentional humor and go for stuff that truly seems like it wasn't supposed to be that way:

In that episode where Megatron makes a Prime clone, the real Optimus Prime says that Laserbeak has dropped "Splick." Splick???? Was Peter Cullen fully awake at the time?

I always laugh when Shockwave has screentime. For all the talk about how badass he is, he was a real wuss in the cartoon. Dr. Smoov didn't even have to change Shockwave too much.

And since the first post mentioned the 2007 movie, here's a part that really strikes me as hilarious, and not intentional:

So when Bonecrusher goes after Sam and the Autobots, Sam makes a big deal about "No, no, no. block him, block him, block him." Bumblebee willingly obliges, putting a bus between him and Bonecrusher. What did Bumblebee think Bonecrusher was going to do with the bus? If you ask me, Bumblebee was just as responsible for the death of the bus riders as Bonecrusher.

My (half) serious guess at the blatant Autobot disregard for human life is like if we go hunting, and a bunny gets our wedding ring. Except the humans are the bunnies, and the Allspark is the wedding ring.

We don't really give a crap about all the other bunnies, and while we won't go out of our way to kill the other bunnies, it's not so bad if those bunnies in the bus or helicopter die. We really just want to get near the bunny who has our wedding ring and to keep him safe at all costs, so he survives to bring back that wedding ring.

20. Harlequin Daniel

Harlequin Daniel Captain Grumpy

Well, given what I've heard of Thundercats, it mightn't be a lack of sleep that was the problem.....