UnimetalS series 1 Rodimus Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by RVeaks1973, Apr 2, 2024.

1. RVeaks1973

RVeaks1973 Ghost in the Machine.

Looks great and and one of the best versions of Rodimus Prime

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Metro Prime

Metro Prime Frustrated Collector

Is this a series like R.E.D.?

3. RVeaks1973

No. It’s easier just to look up some videos on it, not very many made yet.

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Nope, much different. First and foremost, they're far larger. Over 12 inches, feature die-cast, LEDs, and in Rodimus' case, alternate parts (and a very minor transformation) to have him be both Hot Rod and Rodimus. There's a thread on them in news: Action Toys Ultimetal Rodimus Prime and Galvatron

I have Rodimus and he's great, but not amazing. The articulation isn't anything mindblowing, and the appeal is definitely the size, metal, and finish. The figure has a wonderful gloss coat on everything that's not metallic or the two exposed tires. The hands are nearly fully posable, with individual full jointed fingers, and are very expressive. The swappable Hot Rod parts are a treat, though the figure is designed first and foremost as Rodimus, and IMO is the better looking of the two forms. He also has a great light-up Matrix accessory that opens MP-01 style, plus a smaller LED-less Matrix that fits in his chest underneath a heavy metal chest plate. I also love the rubber tubs connecting his forearm pipes to his upper arms. The guns are probably the weakest part, given the right one's handle is quite hard to get into the hands due to the lack of hinge at the thumb.

I do wish I had picked up Galvatron, but these two are very expensive. More expensive than most MPs. I could only comfortably afford Rodimus, though I have debated grabbing Galvatron if I ever see him for a good price.

• Like Like x 2
  5. RVeaks1973

Well despite his faults I am a fan of Rodimus and love this figure. I haven’t seen Galveston being sold anywhere yet! The rest of the G1 line is very expensive compared to Rodimus

• Like Like x 1
  6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Oh I love Rodimus, too. He's one of the centerpieces of my collection, and even gets his own detolf separate form the Rodimus shrine. :D  I just think it's fair people know its shortcomings considering the price, but IMO they don't really hold the figure back. It can't do karate, but with something so big and heavy with this much metal, would you really want it to?

Also so far only Rodimus and Galvatron occupy the Ultimetal series. The Optimus Prime and Megatron figures are of another, more elaborate and expensive line with removable armour and sound effects. I would love to see Ultimetal continue, though, maybe with carbots or Seekers or even Scourge and Cyclonus.

Galvatron is pretty much sold out these days. He and Rodimus released over a year ago.

• Like Like x 1
  7. RVeaks1973

Would definitely love to see more, especially some seekers like starscream!