Unicron VS Galactus Vs Starro

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by UltraAlanMagnus, Aug 28, 2011.

?

Who would win?

1. Unicron: Chaos Bringer

50 vote(s)
    65.8%
  2. Galactus: Devourer of Worlds

21 vote(s)
    27.6%
  3. Starro: The Star Conquerer

5 vote(s)
    6.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HulksmashU

HulksmashU Multiversal-Conqueror

Actauly, he was wrong. The Ultimate Nulliefer can and has destroyed the entire Multiverse it self. Reed Richards used it on Abraxas and he destroyed and then re-wrote hte Multiverse with it. and the thing is only an extensio nof Galactu's power as he qoutes the ultiamte nulliefier is as much a part of him as his heart it self.

2. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

I'm not sure if that excuses such bold theft of an entire character concept. More like recycling something that Marvel already had kicking around. :) 

**head explodes**

Huh. Didn't know that the Ultimate Nullifier was actually built by Galactus. Seems a bit extreme, wiping out the entire MULTIVERSE. But then, I guess mainstream comic book writers aren't exactly known for their sober sense of measured restraint. :D 

zmog

3. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

yeah, thats what I ment.

its hard to call it "theft" when they were working for/with marvel

For all we know some one at marvel told them to make a bad guy like the big G

4. HulksmashU

Anti Monitor in Crisis On Infinite Earths was going to destroy the DC Multiverse to :p 

anyways back on topic.

5. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Are we talking 'classic' Starro or the more recent 'barbarian' Starro? Not that it matters, since Starro isn't even close to the same level of power as Unicron and Galactus, just interested in knowing precisely which version of the character is in line to be annihilated.

That leaves Unicron and Galactus, so the result is dependent on whether it's the cartoon version of Unicron or the comic version. The cartoon version was essentially just a big robot that could turn into a planet to more easily consume other planets; might give Galactus some trouble, but would probably lose eventually. Comic Unicron, on the other hand, shouldn't have much trouble with Galactus. Galactus is a fairly powerful entity and the Power Cosmic is impressive, but that's not nearly going to be enough to defeat a (demi)-god, multiversal singularity who is capable of devouring the very fabric of reality itself.

6. SMOG

Oh, I'd still call it "theft" if it was done internally at Marvel. Not so much ripping off Marvel, but ripping off the very concept of Galactus, and repackaging it as a new character in any continuity. In this case, the Transformers "universe" benefited from... ah... liberally adapting a character from Marvel's universe.

I think the issue is that Galactus, over the almost 50 years of his presence in comics, like Unicron, has gotten handled in different ways by different writers. Sometimes at Marvel, they like to kick Galactus' butt with some NEW villain, just to show how incredibly DANGEROUS the new guy is. Don't they call that the "Worf Effect" or something?

Anyway, I might argue that as one of the three primal pillars of the universe (between Death and Eternity) Galactus might be considered the equal or better of any "space-god". The Power Cosmic is precisely a power over the fabric of reality itself. I think I'd still give it to Galactus.

Unicron may be a "god" in some versions, but he's still just a cosmic entity that had his life force imbued into a rock, right? That's the Furman origin, as I recall. Terms like "god" get thrown around quite a bit in comics, but they don't really ultimately mean much more than "better than human" in a lot of cases.

zmog

7. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think the simple fact of a fight between Unicron vs. Galactus vs. Starro, Chuck Norris would win.

8. iron maniac

iron maniac Help Uncle Sixshot, Help!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
  9. Thyme

Thyme Disciple of Yun-Harla

Unicron all the way!

10. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

wouldnt be the first or last time either.

Megatron,Firestar are at least 2 marvel "names" used on tf characters.

11. iron maniac

iron maniac Help Uncle Sixshot, Help!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    LOL I actually remember Megatron from the Shogun Warriors comic....I think he was a gold robot.

12. SMOG

Yeah, but names are different. A name doesn't often encapsulate everything that makes a character who it is... it's just an incidental repetition. Hence GIJOE Shockwave doesn't really impinge on TF Shockwave, despite having the same name because there's really nothing else similar about them.

zmog

13. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

true, but who knows why they chose those names.

14. HulksmashU

Galactus almsot devoured the Omniverse it self /:

15. DinoFreakUSA

DinoFreakUSA Well-Known Member

Starro doesn't stand a chance.

From what i know Galactus controls everything in his universe while Unicron eats universes. It's a very close contest and it would really be decided on who makes the first mistake.
    If Galactus can do enough damage to Unicron faster than he can consume it then he'll win. But if Unicron is able to consume every one of Galactus's attacks fast enough then he'll win.

It's like the unstoppable force(Unicron) meets the immovable object(Galactus).

If this ever happens in the fiction I'll cheer for Unicron simply because I like Transformers more than I do Marvel.

Maybe they'll just become friends and enjoy floating around in The Void tossing Earth around like a volleyball.

16. Shatterpoint

Shatterpoint Neato

News Credits:
    He died in Marvel Zombies.

Other than that I don't think he died anywhere else.

17. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

I refuse to call that utter piece of crap canon.

18. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

You really dont have a choice in the matter.

19. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

Not exactly, Marvel Zombies is set on a alternate universe. I have the free-will to simply say "screw it" and say that the Galactus counting here is the 616 One.

20. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Yes exactly, Marvel Zombies is set on a alternate universe....which is still offical, which makes it canon.

You have the free-will to simply say "screw it" but that in no way impowers you to say what is or isint canon.

Only Marvel has that power.

So regardless of what you like, or which universe is being spoken about here, any official product released by Marvel is canon.

So, again I say.....You really dont have a choice in the matter of it being canon..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.