Unicron head pic is PUBLIC - US Exclusive

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Nevermore, Feb 24, 2006.

1. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

I'm definitely getting one if I can find one, but I ahve to agree that the tentacles should have been thinner (stringier, mmmmmm). All in all, pretty sweet!

2. SKowl

SKowl Rubber Golem

There rarely is. Oh well, itll be years until eastern Canada sees Primus anyway, and I don't feel like paying out my ass to import this thing from the States just to get a little Unicron head, as cool as it is, I'll just wait for whatever version of Primus will show up in stores here.

3. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Why would they go to the trouble of making a mold for a head that is only shipped in limited quantities??

No mold gets a 'short run' anymore. We'll probably see the head again somewhere else.

4. thefrozenred

thefrozenred 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ebay:
    Wow, I think it actually looks pretty well sculpted (save for the tentacles...they need to be thinner). I like the melted-away look of the "helmet."

I still would've preferred the Noah, though. :-/

5. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Buttstuff Werewolf

News Credits:
    Sigh, well I was looking forward to getting it; then I see it and it looks better than I thought it would. f. u. Hasbro for screwing your neighbors to the north. I'm surprised this isn't a Wal Mart exclusive.

6. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

I thought it looks great. Aside from the tenacles but that is a small complaint. Keep in mind that it's a bonus item so you don't need to pay for it, therefore even if you don't like it it's no big deal. And if you really hate it just sell it online I am sure people in Canada and Europe would love to buy it from you. :) 

7. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Former Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    So, wait. You're going to totally ignore the US release of Primus, and spend aropund twice as much on a basically identical Takara figure (you do imply that you plan to buy one somehow, with your statement), just to avoid having a pack-in extra that cost you nothing.

You could always give it away, probably even SELL it to someone who didn't get one of these "initial" release Primus figures that it will be packed with but wants one anyway, or even just chuck it. Or hell, you could just wait for a later wave of Primus without the toy. Why in the world would a no-cost freebie stop you from buying Hasbro?

8. Cyclone_X

Cyclone_X Cybertronian Warlord

US exclusive? well duh, like we wouldnt have figured that out :p 

9. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    meh.. I don't really care if i get it with mine or not..

10. crimbot

crimbot TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I like it, but I'm worried that I won't be able to get it because I live in the land of the North. DOH!!

11. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Former Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Like it wasn't already stated, or at least as much as stated, to be a US exclusive by said fanclub. There was no moratorium on posting the news anywhere, just on reposting the pic, before it was made public a whole 2 days later. What a long wait, eh?

Because thw fanclub had SO much incentive to be lying about it being US-only.

12. angeltread

angeltread TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    any freebie is an awesome freebie because it's a freebie. you don't complain about freebies. and we all know what initial quantities mean: PLENTY for those who want one.

13. Bluestreak

Bluestreak Well-Known Member

Aside from Mutant Stewie, this Unicron head reminds me of that part in the movie 'The Thing' where that guy's head comes off, grows legs and starts walking around.

Err, anyway, I kinda like it.

14. Darth Fitch

Darth Fitch Herald of Golobulus

I'm so glad I stopped collecting a year ago. The freedom that comes from saying, no thanks to EVERYTHING I used to salivate over... PRICELESS.

15. PG13

PG13 Well-Known Member

I like the idea more than I like the execution.

I think it would of been better if they modeled it after the Unicron head from the movie with a full face and the eyes smashed out.

I just don't like that half skeleton smile

16. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James The JUICE

I am sorry maybe I did not make myself clear. I decided to get the Takara one long before this Unicron head was announced. I ordered it when I saw the box. If the bouns item were good I would have also purchaced the Hasbro one. Because it looks like something a dog threw up I will not be getting it.

17. shifty02

shifty02 This is the way

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I think it looks cool. But a free Unicron head was never in the equasion of if I was picking up Primus or not. It's just going to be a cool little extra. Which is what it's suposed to be.
    It's not as if we're buying a severed Unicron head and getting a free Primus toy here.

-Shifty

18. Darth Megatron

Darth Megatron Don't tell Lucas!

For all those getting the Takara Primus, why is the box so important? Sure the artwork is good, but it’s a box. You can't even see the figure inside the box because there is no window, so for all those misb collectors it is kind of pointless. 'Look at my kick ass Primus toy on my shelf, we you can't see it, but look at this box.' If you are getting the Takara version, kudos, you will get it way sooner then I will, but don't say it is better then the North American because of a cardboard box.

19. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

News Credits:
    I just think the main problem is that the tentacles are large and fat. They need to be smaller, and it seems to serve to purpose other than to go "OH look its his head" I really dont like the battle damage idea for transformers. Battle damage is just a bad idea.

20. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    That's pretty neat. Not enough to warrant my cash, but it's neat.