Unicron #0 - FCBD (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Verno, May 4, 2018.

1. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Find a local comic store and go to it. That's the whole point of Comic Book Day. To get people to visit the stores.

• Like Like x 1
  2. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot *º* Hockey Mom *º*

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Guys, my LCS didn't have Unicron #0. They only had "popular" titles. Can someone PM me a quick summary of what happened? My heart is broken right now, I didn't get an issue.

3. AshleyCuadra

AshleyCuadra Tieria Prime

News Credits:
    I'm gonna have to wait cause to many people

4. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Both stores I went to had numerous free issues, but neither had Unicron 0. I didn't get in there until mid afternoon so I assume lots of people were interested in it and they just ran out.

5. WilyMech

WilyMech Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My locals had only 3 left and none left over when I checked. It was good

6. Ismaeel Kamal

Ismaeel Kamal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm waiting to read it myself (come on comixology), but after reading it on TFWiki...this is gonna be a energon-blood bath; one, I look forward to.
    If you want to read the article (spoilers are expected):
    Our Darkest - Transformers Wiki

7. HeroicC300

HeroicC300 Chats with Artists

News Credits:
    Interesting read.

Nice to know that they ARE wiping the slate clean with Unicron

• Like Like x 2
  8. Grimlock528

Grimlock528 Well-Known Member

His new abilities are pretty sweet.

• Like Like x 2
  9. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So this is really bugging me.
    When did Cliffjumper die? How'd he get there? When did we last hear from him? Spotlight: Cliffjumper? All Hail Megatron? Surely Barber worked his continuity magic before this hi and die?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Danny-Boy

Danny-Boy Centurion

News Credits:
    Last time we saw Cliffjumper was briefly in exRID #50. Prior to that, he had a minor role in RID season 1, but he hadn't really been a major character.

11. Inanimate Carbon Rodimus

Inanimate Carbon Rodimus In Rod We Trust

Good issue. I'm interested to see where this goes, whether they're going to use the 'literal gods' origin for Primus/Unicron and how everything ties together with Shockwave's master plan. And Milne was excellent, as always, on art. Random thoughts with some spoilers...

- I can't help but think the destruction of Velocitron and Eukaris would have a lot more impact if something important or interesting had been done with those planets (and their inhabitants) at some point. Both worlds were introduced a couple of years ago and then promptly shunted into the background and forgotten. Hell, my initial reaction was "oh yeah, Velocitron...forgot that existed".
    - Tying Elonia in as a colony world, and the Spaceknight armor as an Ore, was a nice touch. Establishing stuff like this earlier would have made the Hasbroverse feel more cohesive from the start.
    - That line about the stars going out is interesting. Is Unicron also consuming those too, as he jumps between colonies, or is this a related-but-different phenomenon.
    - The line in the timeline about the Talisman being 'poisoned bait' is intriguing too. So is Shockwave attempting to trick Unicron into consuming the Talisman - along with Cybertron - as a means of killing him?
    - I hope before this is over we get a clear breakdown of the Colony (Ore/Titan/Prime) associations.

12. Thumbaticon

Thumbaticon "It's all right, I'm an emergency vehicle!"

Thankfully I got one at my LCS (The last one!)

This is classic space opera at its finest (or darkest) hour. Unicron is a force of nature, the galaxy is on fire, everyone's running for the damn hills, and this isn't even issue 1. Milne's art is fantastic, Cheng's colours are vibrant but dark when necessary, and Barber manages to keep a large cast of characters and story easy to follow.

• Velocitron, Prion, LV-117, Elonia, and Gorlam Prime are confirmed devoured, the issue ends with Eurkaris getting chomped on (RIP Pr-OWL II) So that leaves planet-Kup-went-crazy, Caminus, Earth, and Cybertron. That leaves us with 3 unknown planets, but I'm probably forgetting some ores.
    • Optimus, don't feel bad for bringing Earth into the council of worlds, Shockwave was always destined to screw us over with Ore-13.
    • LV-117 was "Unstuck in Time": A Slaughterhouse-Five reference? huh. Turns out my high school reading group was actually useful.
    • Soundwave's use of "Operation: ___" feels a bit forced for nostalgic reasons
    • So glad that Elonian kid found his family. Needed that after Wheeljack's death.
    • Holy shit, my hands were shaking with that panel of everything falling apart around Wheeljack. Went out like a champ.
    • Keep Misfire and Spinister away from Metroplex. Pink bots are killing Titans left and right. At first I was surprised Prime didn't object with Arcee killing Emissary, but with everything going on it was a mercy kill.
    • The stars are going out again. Last time this happened was during Dark Cybertron. Except now we know that Unicron is capable of devouring them...
    • The Raiz's Unicron spread from First Strike and Durocher's SDCC art are included at the end of the comic.

Spoilers from Future issues (OP 18 and beyond ): This is from Barber's Writer's guide to Unicron, the paragraph after the picture of Onyx Prime.

Shockwave shadowplayed Metrotitan beforehand and the talisman is poisoned bait. Still intrigued of Shockwave's role in all of this, but I think it's safe to say that he knew about Unicron long before anyone else.

• Like Like x 2
  13. ZeroiaSD

ZeroiaSD Autobot

"Before saying too much" then drop a major spoiler in the first post ^^;

14. Verno

Verno Beast Wars Collector

News Credits:
    The spoiler warning is in the title of the thread.

In reality, the whole issue is a spoiler in and of itself.

• Like Like x 1
  15. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    I am most decidely miffed that Eukaris and Velocitron got noshed practically off panel.
    Would have loved to have seen those worlds explored further. But no. Idw stupidly decided to kill TAAO.

I really hope that in a decade or two some other publisher lets Mairghred Scott finish the story she wanted to tell. Kinda like how Idw let Furman finish his Marvel run with Regeneration One.

• Like Like x 7
  16. Sidesprey

Sidesprey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    But wasn't it Scott's decision to cancel the series after First Strike despite IDW wanting to "shake up" TAAO?

• Like Like x 1
  17. Thinktank

Thinktank Well-Known Member

"Hey! We are rebooting the whole cannoli in about a year."
    Is a whole magnitude greater than "Shake things up".

18. Girl Pants

Girl Pants aka brickonator

News Credits:
    What what I have gathered, Free Comic Book Day issues usually have their digital releases delayed to encourage people to go out and visit their local comic shop. But I'm not sure how hard and fast of a rule that is.

19. Boatformer

Boatformer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    That was heavily implied ever since the ROM Annual back in early 2017 - and even hinted at aaaaaaall the way back in Revolution, when his armor resonated with the Ore-13 and the spacebridge. It isn't something that Barber just made up now.

• Like Like x 4
  20. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

I will laugh out loud if this turns up another "Shockwave did it!" thing.

• Like Like x 4