1. Of note - we are in the process of upgrading the site to use HTTPS / SSL. In that time, you may be logged in/out depending on what area of the site you are looking at. If you want to be logged into the forums, please log in via https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/login/. If you do that, you will not be logged in while looking at the front page. We hope to have this fixed within the next 24 hours or so.
    Dismiss Notice

Undersized/Oversized KO question

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by blunghole, Mar 1, 2009.

1. blunghole

blunghole The Tapeworm of Unicron!

News Credits:
    Okay, I've seen a lot of KO's recently that are oversized or undersized - 2/3 size Predaking, 2/3 size Devastator, oversized Piranacon, oversized Sixshot, oversized Superion, etc. Does anyone know how the KO companies do this? Is there some technique where you can take a mold and make it larger? Do they get hold of a prototype that is oversized? Or is at as simple as scan it, increase the size, and having a 3-d printer make a prototype?

2. Overhaulimus

Overhaulimus Sword of Fury!

News Credits:
    I dunno,the 3d scanner sounds about right for the way that they would go about doing it.But I'm not real sure.

3. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I don't kow how KOs do it, but I sure wish Has/Tak-Tom would learn how. Just imagine a quality WST Superion and other gestaults in scale with G1 Metroplex?