Undersized KO?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by DeceptiTom, Mar 12, 2021.

1. DeceptiTom

DeceptiTom Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Hey guys,

I was wondering if there was any undersized KO Transformers? Specifically I'd love to find an MP Ultra Magnus and Star Saber at the Leaderclass scale. I have been looking around but I havent seen anything yet.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    One of the less thrilling Movie Optimus's got a titchy version.
    But no - underscales that don't loose all their paint or detail are not super common.

3. grimtnt

grimtnt Paradox

Only one I'm aware of are the. Undersized KO's of Mp1 and Mp10 in voyager scale.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Minecraft Addict

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I wish we'd get Siege Jetfire scaled down to the old Ultra size and ER Skorponok at Leader size.

• Like Like x 4
  5. primetime77

primetime77 Well-Known Member

those dont exist as far as we know

6. grimtnt

grimtnt Paradox

Oh, and the undersized combiner wars devy as well

They aren't as common but they do exist, but they also tend not to be the best quality either

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  7. primetime77

primetime77 Well-Known Member

was specifically referring to the OP's request for leader sized KO MP star saber and ultra magnus

8. Beauman

Beauman Prisencolinensinainciusol. All right.

There was a white undersized voyager MP-10 from KBB that someone designed armor for I think.
    And there's Planet X's Starsaber who is large leader class.

9. gibdozer

gibdozer Love Gun

20210205_213407.jpg
    20210205_191342.jpg
    Don't know if this guy would do it for you, he's a tad bigger than Ultra class, but way smaller than Siege. My Siege Jetfire is in with my MPs. This figure is really nice except for the TERRIBLE head(not pictured). Picked him up at bbts last month for 60$.

Being a comics first fan I would also love to see a smaller version of Scorponok! I'm using a heavily modded Energon one lol.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Optimus1138

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't like the design as much but that's still pretty good, what's he called?

11. gibdozer

gibdozer Love Gun

X2 toys Skycrusher. I've always liked the design but never wanted to drop the 100+ on him knowing I'd have to mod his head. The body is extremely well built though.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Optimus1138

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Looking at more pictures it looks like he's still too big, definitely bigger than T30 (which I prefer design-wise anyway). What I really want is for him to be about the same height as the old Universe Ultra class Silverbolt (weird hangup I know, but I like that figure and want to include him in my collection and it'll bug me if Jetfire, who I'll always see as a fighter jet, is bigger). I hope a third party tackles one of his IDW designs soon. Or if only there'd be an OSKO of the Iron Factory one...

13. gibdozer

gibdozer Love Gun

Then whats the problem with T30? He's only about a head taller than Ultra, and he's IDW style lol. I get it, I'm very picky when it comes to scale too. My scale what's right in my head is what matters to me. The only thing more important to me(slightly) is articulation.

That's my biggest hangup with T30 Jetfire and why I prefer Sky crusher. I even modded my T30 to give articulated hands and painted him. No ankle rockers or waist swivel though, I finally just couldn't stand him anymore because of that.

I'd love to see a ton of Iron factory stuff upscaled to the mainline. Their DJD for instance! There was a deluxe sized trashy KO of IF Tarn on Sirtoys but really cheepo... Still, hopefully a good sign.

14. Optimus1138

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There's not one single deal-breaker-level problem I have with T30, just a bunch of little things that add up to me not being satisfied with him: the hollow undersides of the wings in robot mode, the wings being too wide in both modes, the red boosters being too small and mounted too far back in jet mode, the entire nosecone and cockpit hanging off his back in robot mode, and the scale issue (in addition to Silverbolt, he's so much bigger than ER Starscream despite both of them being single-seater fighter jets). I guess to try and sum it all up in a single problem, it's that it tries to have an explicitly toy-based jet mode and an explicitly cartoon-based robot mode at the same time and they don't really mesh. Hence the nosecone and cockpit on his back... I don't mind faux parts in robot mode when they look convincingly like the vehicle part they're supposed to be and when the real part is well enough hidden, but T30's faux cockpit fails both of those tests (to be pedantic, I know it's not technically a faux cockpit in the context of that toy specifically since it's styled like a sensor/camera port, but for Jetfire as a character, who pretty much always has his real nosecone forming his torso with the cockpit on his chest, I still consider it a faux part).

The Classics figure did a much better job of blending the two designs, taking the general shape of the toy in both modes and then styling it like the cartoon. I think if they'd taken the T30 figure's robot mode (which aside from the wings and the nosecone is basically perfect) and made it turn into a jet mode that's shaped like the Valkyrie (with the two big boosters) but styled more cartoony, with a squared off nose and rectangular cockpit (that way even if it still had to have a fake cockpit on the chest, it'd look like the real one), it could've been more or less perfect. The alien styling would make his larger size more plausible next to the Earth-styled jets too. (The Classics figure would be good enough for me despite the outdated articulation if not for those weird little feet and the slightly-too-heavy backpack. It can't stand up reliably and I don't want to risk it causing a domino effect on my entire setup if I bump my desk a little too hard.)

It's mostly just because Jetfire (and specifically his G1 toy and the various comic designs that are based more on that than the cartoon) has been my #1 favorite character ever since I first discovered Transformers, so my standards for him are a little higher than most other characters. I normally don't like the cartoon Skyfire design at all, it usually feels really awkward and fat to me and I usually consider the two separate red boosters a necessity, but the Siege figure specifically manages to somehow still capture the essence of the character as I've always seen him in my mind. (I will say the 3rd party figure you linked comes closer than any of the other larger 3P Skyfires.) Seeing the mainline engineering masterpieces we've been getting lately like Kingdom Cyclonus, SS86 Hot Rod, and ER Optimus Prime makes me really want to see a new comics/toy-inspired Jetfire done at that level. I really want to like T30, and if I can get a good deal on the Legends one or find one of the KOs that used to be available I'll probably still get him, but I'll still be wanting something better.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  15. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    I would definitely go for both of these

• Like Like x 2
  16. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    I'd love to see some deluxe and voyagers shrunk down to legends scale. Like Studio Hotrod, springer, or blurr.

17. Zoidstar85

Zoidstar85 Take it!

The only one I know of are the Voyager sized KO MP-10s.

I kinda wish they’d do more downsized KOs. I’d snag a Deluxe scaled Ratchet and Ironhide KO without a second thought!:D 

18. SlickPrime

SlickPrime Lazy Guy with a 3D Printer

That actually does exist OI7XMb6.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  19. xueyue2

xueyue2 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    3rd parties are doing undersize themselves, while not exactly KO.
    Zeta has the undersized Superion
    and Cang-Toys has the undersized Predaking.

20. SlickPrime

SlickPrime Lazy Guy with a 3D Printer

I'd like an undersized Siege Jetfire and an oversized Iron Factory DJD combiner.

• Like Like x 2