Uncomfortable truths of Transformers collecting

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by SegaGenesis, Aug 19, 2010.

1. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    Classics will never be the G1 recreation some people think it should be.

The movie franchise, for all it's flaws, is probably the best thing that has happened to TFs in years.

Animated toys aren't necessarily as screen accurate as some would like to believe.

2. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    these are truths:
    -the fandom is ******ed

-Trailbreaker is hated by hasbro and always gets the shaft

-The words "Toys R Us Exclusive" is met with a huge groan from the fandom

-even if you continue to deny it, the movies are the best thing to happen to the franchise, and even opened up a new future for transformers, because of the movies, transformers are here to stay for a long time

-the fandom thinks they know what will sell and what won't, but they don't...no, a g1-sized generations fortress maximus with uber posability and a buttload of accessories will not be a huge success for hasbro

-classics ultra magnus will continue to cost a fortune, thanks to city commander

-no matter how much you try to deny it, Wal-mart exclusive MP Starscream was almost impossible to find, no, don't try to tell me your wal-mart has thousands of these, that is a lie, your just in denial

-HFTD Seaspray was conceptualized as a generations figure, but in execution it does not work

-Japan g1 is better than the US g1:Victory and Masterforce > american g1 (no opinion on headmasters)

-in the very beginning we were told WFC was its own thing, just based off g1, but not apart of the g1 continuity....forever fans will ignore this and say it is THE FLAT OUT PREQUEL TO GENERATION 1!!!!

3. Takeout

Takeout Mistress of the Night

These words should be immortalized in stone, and copied thousands of times, and flashed in the face of every TF fan ever. And that includes Nightrain.

4. wildfly

News Credits:
    The worst thing Hasbro ever did to TFs was to allow it go so many years without a cartoon on TV.

5. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    Wow, that's...harsh. :peoples: 

6. CrypticIllusionist

CrypticIllusionist Well-Known Member

If I didn't buy any of the Transformers that I've bought, I could afford to pay back my entire student loan the moment I finish college next summer. :( 

7. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    Take your trolling to an appropriate thread. There are probably half a dozen in the past month talking about this.

8. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :redface2:  If I hadn't bought transformers whilst at university I would be £1000 richer and wouldn't be skint

9. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

What do you expect out of someone who says

G1 was the best thing to happen to Transformers because without that foundation to build upon there wouldn't be anything Transformers related today just another dead toy line from the 80's.

Ha ha, or going with the myth that somehow Transformers would not have a future without a big budget Hollywood film. Transformers was here long before the movies and it will still be around long after the movies are just a distant memory.

10. wildfly

News Credits:
    Hasbro and Takara will always invest more time and money in desisgning Primes than Megatrons.

Takara will contine to make half assed attempts to tie evrything back to G1 even if it means doing things like taking the name ironhide from a character with said name and giving it to a more prominent character who is not Ironhide.

Takara will rerelease megatron soundwave prime and starscream evey five years from now until the end of time.

many rotf toys will still be available at the launch of movie toys next summer.

hasbo probably arent releasing a voyager class animated thundercracker.

if it werent for the success of the first movie cn may never have gone near animated.

twenty odd years later perfc triple changers havent happened yet.

its ten years snce a decent gestalt was made.

armada sucked and it made lots of money.

toy shelves are flooded with tuner mudflap but ha mudflap is an urban myth.

baseformers probably wont be back.

legend class toys are rarely worth buying and only exist to lure kids into tfs at a low price point.

several of the japan only toys arent that good.

rpms are here to stay

four out of every five scalpels has a qc problem.

bumblebee is the franchises wolverine or snake eyes.

11. Quixote_Prime

Quixote_Prime is missed.

News Credits:
    you, the collector, freak out target, tru, or whatever employees since you know far more about how their system works/delivery/product then they do.

12. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

Wut? Animated has only been off the air for maybe a year.

13. MrFX

MrFX Collecting never ends...

But at the same time you could have spent that money on other methods of relaxing and winding down in your down-time, either way, you'd be out of the cash. That's the way I look at it. Hope I helped in some way. :) 

14. BigRC83

BigRC83 I'm singing in the rain

News Credits:
    Fansproject will most likely release an upgrade set for the Classic Constructions Devastator and you most likely did not pick one up at retail a few years ago.

15. guard convoy

News Credits:
    i think he is talking about g1

16. MrFX

MrFX Collecting never ends...

Even worse, I gave mine away to a friend. OUCH. If X3 is Devastator, I'm going to absolutely shit.

17. guard convoy

News Credits:
    i think i should elaborate on what i said:would transformers still be around? yes, but the movies gave the franchise new life, it showed to people who thought transformers died after the first series that yes, it is still around and made the franchise a household name, it gave it strenght, oh btw, if beast wars would of failed, transformers would of became just another dead toy line from the 80's

18. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Beast Wars saved the Transformers franchise IMO; there's no question about it. G1 was the original, the foundation, and maybe the "greatest" because of those reasons...but that didn't end well.

19. MasterpieceMP33

MasterpieceMP33 Well-Known Member

-alot of people in the fandom will never appreciate third party figures/accessories regardless of how good they are simply because they are not "OFFICIAL" Has/Tak items

20. BW megatron

BW megatron tiran

I'll add a few i haven't seen yet:

- Not money but DUST will become your biggest ennemy when you finaly have that well payed job that gives you the means to buy whatever TF you want

- Your parents will hate your hobby

- The number of girls that might have had an interest in you to be their boyfriend (or husband later on) drops by 98% (this might be an understatement...)

- Rattrap was the real hero of Beast wars, he always had to do the difficult jobs

- Hasbro still can't paint a toy correctly, they HAVE to forget parts!

- Unlike cars, planes, trains and motorcycles, there is no modern alternative for the cassette, hence there will never be a great modern version of soundwave or blaster

- Europe will never be considered a real market by hasbro, so if you live there you will always have to import 80% of the TF's you like.

- There will never be another Euro exclusive