Heavy/Scratch: Un-named Death race Alt /Some more Progress update

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Marto6, Jul 10, 2011.

1. Marto6

Marto6 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thats a loaded question there.......... Are you wanting to make Paint shiny? Or Plastic? Plastic most times just needs a fine polish; like Race Glaze. I use it on plastic with out paint apps on it. put enough of a shine on for me. Paint wise since you are going to have to hand polish it. I would use the finest grit that will get the dirt and high spots out. Use something firm as a sanding block though. Rubber block of sorts,or a small fimr foam block. then use a mild buffing compound to shine it up and the use a polish like the one i mention above to get a really nice shine. Note; Don't sand through your paint or buff/polish too Hard! Repaint if that happens. Also Check out the resource threads above this forum....:wink: . I have used them myself. Hope this is of use to you and hello and go luck!

2. hunterelf

hunterelf Decepticon

it would be cool if the tombstone became the shield in bot form

3. cnomis

cnomis Well-Known Member

Many thx man, i ll try & hope my customs as good as ur's some day. nice to meet u~

4. bonbon

bonbon Dangerous Toy

is that the big daddy?

5. Marto6

Marto6 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes it would be! I didn't design it for that, But I like the Idea! Right now It makes some armored knee caps.......
    Thanks for your kind words! I wish you good results with whatever you may be working on.

No... Should be someone a Bit meaner....... Will find out when he's done.

6. Marto6

Marto6 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Got some more progress done... Got the back window defectors figured out and made. Just need to paint and glue on. I got a mold shaker bought and It should work good for shaking the bubbles out of a face/head mold i might do Tomorrow. Also got some painting done in spots like the front added deflectors and places like the seams of doors and ther openings.

So getting quite close to being done and moving on to the next project!

7. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Awesome update bud :) 

8. Marto6

Marto6 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    project Update. Did my molding of the mask for Grimlocks head! Alumi-lite is pretty awesome stuff! Yes,..... I said mask. I decided to go this direction since i wanted to retain some size to the head so he wouldn't have a pin head on him. Plus It brings the face forward some too. Helps lots since I added alot of length to the front of the car. His mask Is Based off of Iron mans head. Looked close enough to a robot like Frankenstein Head. I put a little battle damage on it and some on grim original Head to blend it in some. I like how it worked out. Just need to paint it right. Just black with some red as of right now. Anywho, Other things are finished too. The rear window deflector is on aand painted too. He is now in bot mode.... Which causes me the need to work on getting his arms to peg in to the fenders but a 1/8th" further out due to the flares/armor. Might have to mod the shoulder to remove some material and the doors for a little room too........? At any rate I will take some pics of the progress and post them this weekend. Sorry I can't sooner. Thanks again for your intrest in this project everyone.

9. Marto6

Marto6 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Anyone, The paint on my mask mold hasn't dried yet. has been like a week and it's still sticky. Is there a venting time for Alumi-lite molded parts? Any info helpful.

10. Grimdizel

Grimdizel Member

this is beautiful