UltraZof Toy Studio Design Campaigns via Kickstarter

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by ultraman zoffy, Nov 27, 2021.

1. ultraman zoffy

ultraman zoffy Out here making whatever whenever

This is how I am choosing to release my work to the folks who follow and are interested in my various designs and projects from now on, as I can't address all of the PM's I receive in my inbox due to my busy schedule. These campaigns will now be the only way for folks to gain access to the things I make, and ensure at least some level of compensation for my time and effort in making these creations.

Note: READ THE PROJECT/CAMPAIGN DETAILS ON KICKSTARTER. Every campaign will be "All or Nothing" format, meaning if the designated funding target goal is not reached, backers do not get charged by Kickstarter, I do NOT gain any money or funds from the project, and the design files (STLs) never get released to anyone. In short, if the interest in a campaign is not high enough, then there is no risk or reward to anyone. As simple, fair, and safe a proposition as possible for everyone involved. Minimum backer contribution is $10, with rewards at $35 and $40.

Campaign #1:

Transformers Overlord Mold Super Parts STL FILES by UltraZof Toy Studio — Kickstarter

20211125_124519.jpg
    Kickstarter Image.jpg

Last edited: Nov 28, 2021
    • Like Like x 7
  2. fleshling

fleshling Well-Known Member

Backed. This guy’s designs are LEGIT. Good luck!

• Like Like x 2
  3. Beauman

Beauman Banned

Funding this. Great idea.

• Like Like x 1
  4. FiveThousand

FiveThousand Well-Known Member

You keep trying to get out but they keep bringing you back in. XD

• Like Like x 3
  5. blastoff2334

blastoff2334 Just a Guy.

News Credits:
    I like ur ideas for this, definitely backing

• Like Like x 1
  6. ultraman zoffy

I'm new to Kickstarter, and wasn't aware that they don't allow multiple campaigns simultaneously. If Campaign #1 is successful, the plan for Campaign #2 is an STL file release for my Titans Return Fort Max compatible Cerebros figure design, as it seems to be highly requested:
    1634141303599.jpg 1634141317938.jpg 20211012_192610.jpg 20211012_185729.jpg 20211012_185712.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  7. Toolala

Toolala Breast Master

almost 2 grand to release files lmao

• Like Like x 6
  8. ultraman zoffy

Typical reaction from the unskilled non-creative hater crowd. Thanks for the free bump. =)

• Like Like x 8
  9. Ponzie

Ponzie CyberUp lab owner

Just to share my point of view in defense of @ultraman zoffy .
    You don't have to consider a single sale for the files so that: 3 STL files = 1700$, rather you have to see it as trying to make sure almost 40 people have acquired the product before releasing it instead.
    When you start sharing your file on the net, no one ensures that people don't start sharing it for free and from that moment you will start earning 0 $ for your work.

35 $ for the files is not much if you think about the time it takes to do it, if you consider a simple salary of 10 $ per hour, this means the whole job should be done in under 4 hours, and I'm pretty sure it took a lot longer. Just think about taking the measurements, making the first prints and correcting the drawings in CAD again and then printing them again.

I like this idea on Kickstarter so much that in the future, if I ever decide to sell any of my work, I'll try to use it.

• Like Like x 6
  10. Tranceblade

Tranceblade Gone Fishin'

Well yeah, of course there's some T&M involved in this, but is it $1700 worth?

Instead of licensing his models similar to his contemporaries, he does nothing but toot his own horn about how great his industrial manufacturing background is, so prove this stunt is a passion project and not just a cash grab.

Charging above rate for a passion project simply because your off-time is extremely limited and valuable? Please.

I'm open to second opinions on the actual labour cost of this.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ponzie

Ponzie CyberUp lab owner

Ok, but just to give an example, if you like the "4th Party Masterpiece MP-52 Starscream Version 2.0"
    and you are right that it is worth $124.99, you buy it, instead of thinking "But they made 5000 pieces of this product so they will make $624,950 and it seems too much, so I will never buy it", right?

• Like Like x 1
  12. ultraman zoffy

So much opinion on how other people should value their work and time, and what exactly have you ever created that was even noteworhty enough for other people to constantly ask you for it? You don't know me, and you don't know the amount of messages I get slammed with between here, Instagram, and Facebook consistently asking/pressuring me to hand over what I make like it's supposed to be public domain. Just because you don't think something is worth a specific amount of time and money, who do you think you are that you personally should dictate market rate over everyone else's value system? Again, what the fk do you make bro, and how many people are clamoring for it? "Collectors" like you are the cancer of this hobby and community, you think everything should fall in line with your opinion or else it's bullsh*t, and you can't even see how full of yourself you are. You (and the others on here like you) have a problem with me because I make whatever I want for what I own, and because it doesn't adhere to the way you think things should be, you stalk me on this board and crap on the stuff I do. It's obvious that you and everyone like you on this board with a salty opinion is just jealous of other people that have the ability to do what they want with their toys, particularly customizers. That's why you go down and troll people in Radicons or follow me around on the forum like an envious little b*tch and start sh*t like you're a damn high schooler. Comb this forum through every post I've made since I started and I never had any history of trolling individuals for what they're into. That's all folks like you contribute to this community, sh*t talking and conceited opinions judging others over what they do with their TOYS. Yeah, let that sink in for a second that you're a complete d*ck to strangers about toy robots, then go think about how sh*tty your life is that your day (and probably life) peaks with that sad ass activity. I'm tired of f*cks like you bullying people on here, you're a poster child for everything wrong with toys as a hobby.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Toolala

Toolala Breast Master

typical reaction from spoiled wannabe artist who thinks hes above everyone else because he makes basic upgrade kits
    if you want to ensure you get money for your stuff, make a patreon, let people support you directly and share your files that way. the kickstarter thing is just absurd and its never going to get funded because most people dont see files being worth 30$.
    nobody is dictating how much your work is worth, its called an opinion and people are allowed to think this is overpriced when other people sell files for much cheaper or actual produced upgrade kits for a similar price, and you acting all high and mighty over this just makes you look like even more of an ass
    bump is on the house.

• Like Like x 3
  14. ultraman zoffy

Minimum contribution to the campaign is $10. Is that a lot of money to you? If so, you shouldn't be buying toys to begin with. You clearly didn't read the details of the campaign and are just another jealous piece of sh*t. What does my starting a campaign for this design based off all the communication I've had and feedback on all my social media accounts even have to do with you? How is it even an attack on anyone? Only reason you're here is the same as every other hater, you can't stand people doing what they want and you're salty because you can't do the same. I don't even need to defend anything about what I'm doing because at the end of the day, you're the one getting tight about it like a little b*tch. Where on this entire board have I ever posted that my work is better than anyone else's? Where? That whole sentiment is all in your head because you've got no skills or abilities to do what I'm doing. What, I have the "audacity" to try and make what I create available to the people who have requested it, under my own terms? Or because I promote the idea that people can easily learn the tools to do the same? Name one thing I've done that was offensive to anyone that ISN'T some sh*t you're creating in your own mind and getting upset about. You're a fking baby, look at how upset and mad you're getting over a stranger doing something that has nothing to do with you. Oh, and thanks for the free bump. =)

15. ultraman zoffy

The minimum campaign contribution is $10. But apparently even that price is "thievery" to the simpletons on this board. And don't bother trying to explain to them that once even one copy of a design file gets out digitally, it's value is almost zero to the creator. They don't understand how the internet works.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Toolala

Toolala Breast Master

the minimum pledge gives you fuck all lmao[​IMG]

17. CactusReporter

CactusReporter Semi-Recognizable Leaker

News Credits:
    How unprofessional. From one artist to another, this is NOT how people should react to criticism of any kind because you only drag yourself down.

• Like Like x 6
  18. ultraman zoffy

Man, I'm new to Kickstarter, and the base contribution was supposed to be $10 for the basic Overlord files, with $35 and $40 being reward tiers. Do I need to enter the base contribution as a "reward"?? Damn, I'll admit this was my oversight being new to Kickstarter, so I actually appreciate your pointing this out.

• Like Like x 1
  19. ultraman zoffy

How is it unprofessional to defend what I'm doing when it's not even offensive to anyone? Their criticism is clearly an attempt to paint me as a shady thief who thinks my work is better than everyone else's. So as one artist to another, if you let people talk to you this way concerning what you do with your work and creations, than you must enjoy being a victim. All I did was post a campaign, and I got attacked for it.

20. ultraman zoffy

Fixed, and thank you (no sarcasm):

Screenshot 2021-11-30 074230.jpg

• Like Like x 3