Ultra Magnus

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Peagis, Sep 1, 2011.

1. Peagis

Peagis Superion

Ebay:
    Okay so we've never gotten a decent version of him (Ultra Magnus), but I see a lot of people saying they are not happy with the CC or customs that have been built as they are parts formers. To me they look great but how would you like it pulled off without having parts formers and 'vanilla' prime as well?

Would a alt-mode like RID Magnus suffice with a more G1 appearance?

2. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Exactly how the titanium and kabaya kit do it. That's even how he transforms in the movie, in autobot city. The cab folds under the trailer, and becomes the back of the robot.

3. Peagis

Peagis Superion

Ebay:
    I guess I'll have to pick up a titanium and look at it then. Or the Kabaya kit as that seems to be alot cheaper.

Obvious question then, why hasnt anyone done that in a larger scale?

4. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I've never had a problem with the trailer form with the "vanilla" Optimus Prime. I absolutely love my City Commander and he is by the definitive Classics representation.

5. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  6. Peagis

Peagis Superion

Ebay:
    Yea I've been following that thread and a few others and it seems there's always someone who brings up Vanilla prime or partsformers.

7. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I'm actually pretty fond of my G1 figure. :)  I enjoy my City Commander quite a bit, too. Despite the MP Magnus "just" being a white redeco of Convoy, I really enjoy it as well:

[​IMG]

8. ABrown

ABrown Well-Known Member

My Ultra Magnus toy was easily the most excited I've ever been about a toy in my life. I still remember waiting during the days leading up to my kindergarten graduation to get it. Is there honestly anyone here (who was a kid during the original cartoon's run) that didn't take their white Optimus and Rodimus toys and replay the battle in Return Of Optimus Prime?

9. Peagis

Peagis Superion

Ebay:
    I actually never had a Hot Rod/Imus or Ultra Magnus as a kid deprived I know right!

10. Obsidian X

Obsidian X Dork of the moon

That was AWESOME! Yeah, I would buy a retooled version of the Inferno/Grapple mold as Magnus too.

11. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't have any problem with him being a partsformer like City Commander; I just can't afford it, especially at his eBay prices. However, I wouldn't expect Hasbro to make a figure like that, so what I'd like for Ultra Magnus is for them to make a Classics-styled figure of him that is a combination of his G1 design and his Animated design. He should be Voyager class, and would turn into a missile truck, like in Animated, but would have a very G1-like robot mode.

12. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  13. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    I have never liked nor agreed with Ultra Magnus just being an albino Prime with "armor", and I always wished that stupid concept began & ended with the clunky G1 toy. He was never drawn like that and he was never animated like that, so as far as I'm concerned, the only true representation we've ever gotten of G1 UM in toy form was the 6" Titanium. If HasTak would take THAT idea and run with it for a larger more refined plastic figure, it would quickly become the game ending definitive version imo.

14. Peagis

Peagis Superion

Ebay:
  15. MrTuesday

MrTuesday Well-Known Member

I COMPLETELY agree. My question is why hasn't any 3rd parties took the idea of Titanium Magnus and remade him at a Voyager or Ultra class? I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

16. NathanS

NathanS Well-Known Member

Hell just tell they can squeeze a recolor out by doing it in the Diaclone colors!

17. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:
    Hot Rod I never got either but, Magnus was one of my most cherished. It would be nice to have a official update to that toy, I'm not holding my breath though.

18. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

I always liked that Magnus was an armoured up prime, made him some how the next step up from a prime in my eyes. I guess City commander will do for me but if hasbro put out a leader class car transporter with a cab that turns into a prime like bot and the trailer becoming armour I'd buy it in a heart beat.

19. Peagis

Peagis Superion

Ebay:
    I hear ya guys I would love to have a CC but that's way to out of my price range and I would love it if Hasbro would give us something like Cast's description.

20. TechNoMad

TechNoMad Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    That looks like it came out of the factory. Why the fuck couldn't hasbro do something like this with that mold? Even the white Prime looked good. A UM like that would have only required UM paint apps. Sometimes I really wonder about them. We also should or could have gotten a Nemesis or Scourge out of that mold too. I am not really into repaints but that WFC custom really does show how the ball was dropped on this mold.