Minor/Repaint: Ultra Magnus: Zestfully Clean!

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Galaximus Prime, Jan 20, 2019.

1. Galaximus Prime

Galaximus Prime Humans are so plicomcated

And before you ask, no I did not use Zest soap on him. lol

When the WFC Siege figures first came out, I remember telling myself "Wow, that Ultra Magnus looks really cool. Like something I've just gotta have in my collection!". And that still holds true with this figure. But the more and more that I played around with him the more and more I felt like I was just playing with a toy that I'd found at the thrift store, due to the battle damage look.

So after about 30-40 minutes of soaking his parts in rubbing alcohol (91%), I was able to clean him up nicely. There are still a few small spots on him with the battle paint still intact, but for the most part I think that he turned out okay. But there's a few things you need to do in order to prep this guy for cleanup.

• First of all, make sure that you remove the pin in the red piece that folds up into the chest armor. It's the piece with the grey sections painted in. Don't dip that in the alcohol.
    • Next, you'll want to pop out the clear blue plastic piece inside of the chest armor.
    • Pop off all of the wheels on the bottom of the feet, and then from there you can soak the pieces as needed.
    Comments are welcome! :) 

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  2. Cool Hand Lube

Cool Hand Lube Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Looks great! Although it's a little labor intensive. I got the same results with 91% isopropyl alcohol, a rag and 15 minutes. Just need to take care with those other parts but I don't feel it's necessary to remove pins and all that.

3. reluttr

reluttr Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Make sure to not soak clear parts in IPA it makes them brittle.

Also if you really want to speed along the process you can use a melomine sponge, aka a white mr.clean magic eraser, you can get these at the dollar tree.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Galaximus Prime

Galaximus Prime Humans are so plicomcated

@reluttr: Yeah, that's why I posted that in the instructions for the cleaning. The only part that you need to remove is the clear blue piece inside of the Magnus Armor. And that only takes like a second to knock it out.

@Cool Hand Lube: It might not seem all that necessary to remove the pin, but trust me, it's well worth taking the extra step. Still, to each their own! :) 

• Like Like x 1