Ultra magnus betrays Optimus ?

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by mn_128875, Apr 6, 2020.

1. mn_128875

mn_128875 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    SPOILERS For Siege WFC
    Read at your own risk

So I’ve been watching Andyunicronus’s video

I’ve been really interested about it so apparently in the spoilers box with ultra magnus the messages on it says

I ultra magnus in good faith surrender to you

This either means he surrenders to save prime and his team or he joins the decepticons because he finds prime’s plan useless the Netflix description says
    The decepticons want to turn the autobots into decepticons thus unifying cybertron so autobots counterstrike back and if all goes well it will end with an unthinkable choice killing their planet to survive

And the second message

‘This can only mean one thing ultra Magnus is dead’

This could mean he is actually dead or he is dead to the autobot cause ( similar to how megatron referred to starscream to Orion pax in TFP ) this is going to change the character immensely and I’m all for it I love when TF shows reinvent characters and the changes aren’t terrible and are actually really good , nevertheless this makes very excited for this show and it’s really nice to have a proper mature TF show again

On a side note this kind of makes sense that they didn’t cast peter Cullen for prime he usual portrays a heroic and noble prime I guess this one is going to be more flawed or they were focusing on the animation and couldn’t hire big name voice actors like peter Cullen and frank welker

So What do you think? Does this make you excited for siege?

*Note: all credit goes to andyunicronus99. Check out his channel
    AndyUnicronus99

Last edited: Apr 6, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    This would mean so much more if this was following an established continuity.

As such, the betrayal seems a little toothless given it's completely fresh versions of the characters with no history or relationships we're privy to. "Oh no, Ultra Magnus turns bad! Not him, the guy we just met along with everyone else!"

Make no mistake, they didn't hire Cullen or Welker because they're unionized and Hasbro is cheap. There is no other reason.

Also, if that were the case Cullen would have never voiced Movie Prime.

• Like Like x 4
  3. mn_128875

News Credits:
    From what I’ve heard this series might be in the same continuity as the new IDW universe

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    That honestly makes me care about this "twist" even less.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde Lord High Governor

News Credits:
    During that Hasbro Pulse live-stream and they talked about this show, they mentioned "That the characters are based on their G1 iteration, but the show will challenge the viewers on what they know about these classic characters."

Let me translate this to real-talk: We're going to arbitrarily change / alter characters and if anyone thinks it's lazy, doesn't make sense for the character to do or is just badly written we can just say they were upset about being challenged or having their expectations subverted.

Ultra Magnus randomly becoming a traitor would be hilarious and such an obvious attempt at creating drama.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Issy543

Issy543 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well...that’s going to make his story arc in Galaxies a lot more interesting. I think Ultra Magnus won’t be evil forever, once he’s seen how evil and ruthless Megatron is. Still, I look forward to see whether the arc shows signs of Ultra Magnus getting restless.

Also, the characters’ portal isn’t the reason Peter Cullen and Frank Weller aren’t in this show. It’s because Netflix didn’t want to go with union voice actors (which these two are); this was already mentioned in the Netflix War For Cybertron Trilogy Discussion thread, and this being the reason for choosing different actors is unfortunate.

But that’s ultimately what Netflix decided, and I’m still excited to see how everything pans out. I’m looking forward to this show.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Revoticus

Revoticus Splitting headache

So DOTM but Sentinel Prime is replaced with Ultra Magnus?

8. mn_128875

News Credits:
    Pretty much

9. whassup

whassup Banned

In the video, it states that the Deceptions want to save the plant and the Autobots want to save it by destroying it. So is this like the Shatter Glass universe?

10. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    the decepticons want to "save" it by using the allspark to forcibly reprogram the autobots into decepticons and end the war. the autobots want to save the people by sending the allspark off planet, thus preventing the brainwashing but also removing the planets core power source, thus "destroying" the planet. basically the same story thats been told since prime but with the added twist of brainwashing

• Like Like x 5
  11. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Banned

Can we come up with a new backstory?

I think Optimus the records clerk and Megatron the gladiator ascending to leadership roles and fighting the war over the Allspark is a good story I'm just a little sick of it. It's the same issue with IDW2. We already know whats going to happen.

I would like a story to be engaging please. That's why I've enjoyed Cyberverse since even with its hiccups it quickly brushed through the backstory and started pushing forward into brand new stories. Cyberverse SURPRISES me.

• Like Like x 5
  12. Fenrys

News Credits:
    yea, honestly im not really a fan of data clerk or politician orion pax, my favorite backstory for prime so far was idw1.0 with beat cop orion pax (which i feel is hidden somewhere in idw2.0, he is the head of security afterall).

• Like Like x 3
  13. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Banned

Beat Cop Optimus Prime should get a Netflix show.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Necromaster

Necromaster FEAR ME MORTALS

News Credits:
    That'd be a terrible marketing decision, though. Comics are cheap and widely available, the amount of the population that has access to Netflix is nowhere near as broad.

Granted, it does seem to be sharing some designs (Bumblebee and Elita-1, for instance) though this could be chalked up to Hasbro's push for consistency.

15. 96megatron

96megatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ultra Magus: Optimus...all I've ever wanted to was to subvert your expectations. You must see why I had to betray.
    Optimus Prime: You didn't subvert them. You subverted yourself.

• Like Like x 6
  16. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

What, really? Okay if so, pass on this show.

17. Scrapmaker

Scrapmaker Hadar Sen Olmen

I've always liked Orion as someone who had an unassuming job, like the dock worker of the G1 cartoon, personally, but beat cop Orion is also a good origin.

18. Fenrys

News Credits:
    I guess I like that one most because it at least give some sort of believable background for Optimus being a military leader

19. mn_128875

News Credits:
    It MIGHT be in the same universe it’s not confirmed yet

Last edited: Apr 8, 2020
  20. Fenrys

News Credits:
    yet the amount of people that have netflix is probably higher than the number of people that read transformers comics. also, even if they are in continuity, its two wildly different time periods. the comics are the beginning of the war, the show is the end of the war on cybertron. theres not a lot of crossover there

• Like Like x 1