Ultimates 2 #10

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Shipwreck, Mar 1, 2006.

1. Dalarsco

Dalarsco Kickback=ROCK

Damn, more super heroy action, less political intrigue? The fact that it was more about the lives of the heroes than the fights was what made it different and special. Now it will just be THe Avengers with new back stories. I hope Loeb changes his mind, or Millar comes back for V4.

2. The Spider

The Spider Well-Known Member

Just found the WIZARD issue I was thinking of... #168 had an interview with Loeb about the ULTIMATES v3...

Also, in the sidebar to the interview, Madureira said that he was going to make some "slight and some not-so-slight" changes to the characters to make them look more like comics superheroes as opposed to film superheroes.

3. Dalarsco

Dalarsco Kickback=ROCK

Bloody Hell. The Ultimates was the best book out there. I'll still buy V3, but I won't like it anywhere near as much. An author that can't properly use the word satire can't be very good. :cry  No more lines the calibur of "DO YOU THINK THIS LETTER ON MY FACE STANDS FOR FRANCE!" or "HULK SMASH FREDDY PRINZE JUNIOR!" There are so many other books out there that are primarily the super hero action. The Ultimates was the most unique thing to happen to super heroes since Mystery Men.

4. Shipwreck

Shipwreck Will smack your bitch

The only character change i won't mind is Iron Man's armor. That was the only thing I thought could have been cooler. But everything else was amazing. I think Thor looked the best.

5. SubotaiBaghatur

SubotaiBaghatur Borys of Ebe

Iron Man's armor is rather ugly, but the concept behind it has been entertaining. I enjoy it being high maintenance and requiring a support team. I agree that Loeb is going to turn this into just another super hero book. It might be good, but it wont be unique.

6. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

Blegh! Take away Millar and his political undertones and Hitch's art and it stands to not even be the same book anymore, certainly not near as enjoyable. Almost certainly would have happened, and probably will happen, to USM if Bendis/Bagley ever leave.

7. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Buttstuff Werewolf

News Credits:
    I don't know, as long as Loeb is true to the characters and doesn't change who they are, I don't see any problems. I think the Ultimates will always be unique because of it's premise and cast. A cannibal Hulk, a take absolutely no shit Cap and a Thor who just might be insane is what makes me love the book. Great stories and writing, but it's the fresh take on the characters I love. I kind of have a soft spot for Loeb because his short Supergirl run was my fav DC book out.

8. thefrozenred

thefrozenred 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ebay:
    Good issue.

Not great like the previous one that came out in...2005? I think so. Not great like that one, but it provided plenty of much-needed exposition on the Liberators and set-up for #11, where I expect we can see Tony, Thor, and Cap taking back the country.

I can see why not everyone enjoys the political commentary, but I'm thankful for it. It gives what happens in the book much more of a motive that we can relate to (currently, at least) and will give a window to readers several decades from now the kind of opinions and thoughts circulating right now.

9. Dalarsco

Dalarsco Kickback=ROCK

Ya, making Iron Man look not like Samus would be good, but aside from that the designs should stay the same. I'm very woried about how he'll handle Hank Pym if he makes it more about regular superhero vs. supervillain stuff. I worry that he would either be added back ot the team or become a generic evil genius doing th bidding of his creation Ultron. It's the little sub-plots like Hank trying to become a super hero again that make THe Ultimates so good.

10. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Buttstuff Werewolf

News Credits:
    Well Loeb stated his favorite issue of the Ultimates is vol 2 issue 6, which is the Defenders story, and I think he mentioned he'd like to touch on that. Or something.

11. Dalarsco

Dalarsco Kickback=ROCK

Good, as long as they don't make it all about fighting supervillains all the time I'm still good with it.

12. Revolution

Revolution Well-Known Member

The fingernail thing.....oh man.
    I was dissapointed for the firstime by Millar...i am a huge fan of millar.

I hoped they would prolong the obligatory rise of the avengers a bit more and make it more believeable...well atleast in Hawkeyes case...

Loeb is great..one of the best! am i looking forward to his run!