Ultimate Spider-Man - Death of Spider-Man (contains spoilers)

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Star Saber, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Blitz Wing

Blitz Wing Triple Threat

It's 5 months away and takes place post Schism. A lot can happen between now and then. We don't know anything right now. Sometimes I think people take teasers way too literally.

2. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    Man Cyclops gets around as much as Daredevil used to :) 

That makes it Jean, Madelyne, Psylocke (well almost anyway), and Emma Frost. I'm surprised it wasn't another telepath, but then I realized the only telepath left on the X-Men is Rachel, who's his daughter lol

3. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    Yeah, I remember they had a cover of Mystique and Iceman making out a while back. Inside it turned out one was giving the other mouth-to-mouth after getting knocked out in battle, or something like that. Mystique was repulsed by it.

The last issue of X-Force featured Psylocke and Fantomex making out on the cover. Inside it was Fantomex who kissed Psylocke, but Psylocke turned him away.

I'm getting tired of all the various character make out covers...

4. hellrasinbrasin

hellrasinbrasin Well-Known Member

Here's something that you probably didn't catch as it relates to the new Spiderman
    Bendis took cues from Spiderman 2099 Miguel O'Hara and how he became "The New" Spiderman; Miguel O'Hara is a mutant if I remember who intigrated Peter Parker's mutated DNA pattern onto his own causing him to be as he is now...

5. Sparky Prime

Sparky Prime Well-Known Member

That isn't exactly how Miguel got his powers... He was a scientist on a project trying to merge animal DNA with a human subject, and having been inspired by the original Spider-Man, was using spider DNA as their testing subject.

After he was forced to test the machine on a convict (who died shortly after the test) before it was ready, he tried to quit his job but his boss drugged him with something that merges with a person's DNA to make them addicted as a way to force him to stay. Miguel decided the only way out was to use the machine on himself, using his own DNA sample he had on file to try and purge the drug. But a jealous co-worker decided to use the opportunity kill him by sabotaging the machine, which merged the DNA profiles of the spider with Miguel's. The machine then exploded but Miguel survived having been given spider-powers as a result of the spider DNA being merged with his DNA.

6. hellrasinbrasin

hellrasinbrasin Well-Known Member

I said what I said because the Story of the New Ultimate Spiderman takes cues from the Spiderman 2099 series Sparks

7. Sparky Prime

Sparky Prime Well-Known Member

I get that, but I'm not seeing where you're seeing those cues. Miguel wasn't a mutant or had anything to do with Peter, he got his powers from an unrelated accident. And as far as I know, they haven't revealed the origin of Miles spider-powers yet...

8. 138 Scourge

138 Scourge WE R 138

Miguel's origin always sort of reminded me of "The Fly".

I liked how he wound up kind of screwed-up lookin' from having spider D.N.A. If you're gonna be a freakish hybrid, may as well look like one.