Ultimate Optimus Video Review by bwheeler0018

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Reviews' started by Godzilla Ranger, Jun 19, 2011.

1. The Bucket Kitten

The Bucket Kitten Meow... TFW2005 Supporter

Great review, but this fail is still a piece a shit in my eyes, and will never be seen in my collection.

2. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    I've saved my $$ for him so when I find him, he'll have a place of honor with all my other Primes in my studio. :thumb 

3. Blackout32

Blackout32 ANTHRAX - PERSISTENCE OF TIME

Cybertron The Matrix of leadership knowledge,power
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Great review and REALLY informed but I think on this I would wait for clearence or if not just really not buy it period.

4. Apoclatron5675

Apoclatron5675 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ^this i was excited for this fig but now, :thumbdown  and :puke: 

5. Jaicen

Jaicen Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Anybody else thinking that the Hasbro art is misleading, and that the trailer when combined should form jet-wings, rather than that strange x shape? That would make more sense..

6. mondo

mondo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Needs size comparison with ROTF Leader Prime in both modes.

7. viper2391

viper2391 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'll only get this on clearance though. The ultimate look is okay but not great. Oh I guess we have that model kit to look forward to. ROTF LC Prime is still the best.

8. Katarn84

Katarn84 Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Good review, awfully disgusting toy... and I thought Supreme Devastator was the worst that could come out...

9. SkyfiRe71

SkyfiRe71 Precursor

As a figure of Optimus Prime...

It sucks.

On the other hand, as Ultra Magnus...

This (save for the obnoxious fairy wings) is almost exactly how I envisioned Magnus looking. Bought and repainted as soon as seen. May retool the features (e.g. the head cover, which I think is a good touch) for some variety, distinction, and mobility. Wings will be angled down as that looks pretty cool.

10. ThisGuy

ThisGuy True Leader

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The head is so small with all the armor on him.

I have to get the Jet Wing Prime now.

11. Timothy.R

Timothy.R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    is it just me.. or does this guy sound like he's one of the nicest guys ever. lol

it's such a shame how bad the base body is.. if the base body was ridiculously accurate.. then the powered up mode would be more tolerable.. and vise versa. but both modes are equally inaccurate. that's terrible.

12. TacticalSamurai

TacticalSamurai Hunter Killer

If only a third part company makes an accurate trailer for the ROTF leader prime that can combine or become a parts former to combine it's armor I will buy the third party version if it's ever made at all. Right now I'm looking at the ultimate prime and I guarantee this will be like the ROTF devastators that ended being marked down in price

Last edited: Jun 20, 2011
  13. turbobungle

turbobungle SuperGodMasterPhil

Can't believe people are cussing the reviewer... guy has the decency to show the figure off to us.... such rudeness. Jebus... :( 

Anyway, I can't make my mind up about the figure.... Looks kinda fun, reminds me in a weird abstract way Of GalaxyForce/Cybertron Prime, with all the wings and such. But also, in some repects, looks really awkward, unarticulated unpainted and clunky..... Think I'll wait for one with a big discount

14. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I find it amusing sure it's still terrible but like Armada Prime I find him enderingly Goofy for his sheer naffness.

I think it would help the toy a lot if the noises were not so generic and heck even the soundclips are repeated.

Hasbro seem to have made this toy down to a low price point as the Optimus Cab is missing a fair amount of paint (they didn't even paint the wheels) and the trailer's autobot logo is not properly painted like ARMADA logos were.

I though Hasbro got the point already that people don't appreciate paying a lot of money for something that has aspects of it that make it look cheap and nasty.

Is he better than the Big Bumblebee's or Devastator ? - Maybe.

I'd have liked to see the Trailer's stand alone robot mode detailed - even if it is just the cannon stuck on the exoframe.

I'm also real curious if you can shoe horn other things in there like a Henshin Cyborg or Sentinel Prime.

I have this really funny mental image of trying to get Leader Class Jetfire or The Fallen stuck in there.

15. grandizerGo

grandizerGo Predaking

News Credits:
    epic fail...will only pick this up on clearance and we all know it will..its such a shame

16. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    Where this figure shines is when he has the cannon on him. The whole figure is about the trailer and the combined. He's very much a Movieverse Powermaster Prime. Really expensive, but at the same time, for all of you complaining that he's like Devastator, the answer is no. Devastator was a BRICK. This at least is a brick in combined mode, but he's designed to be a robot with a giant powered up cannon mode. I think the playability is definitely there, unlike Devastator. I do however see this in a future Goodwill bin, missing 3 out of 4 of those panels that come off so easily.

As far as the reviewer goes, yes, he could have done with some editing, but at least you can fast forward through it.

17. bradforj

bradforj Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    some sort of bastardized Powermaster Optimus Prime.....

18. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    Awesome! The Prime figure itself might not be accurate but the transformation looks satisfying enough, as complex as any other average Leader class figure and the combination with the trailer rocks hard. Can't wait to find one.

19. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Banned

News Credits:
    Like I said, I don't see why ANYONE cares about accuracy on movie Prime figures anymore: We have RotF Prime, which is the perfect representation of the character. We're not going to get any better Prime-likes than that figure.

I am most pleased Has/Tak has realized this as well, and is using this line to experiment with Prime's design. We're getting new stuff, rather than the same old shit a little different.

I'm not saying to like the figure, but certainly, I'm tired of seeing people bitch about how it's "not accurate." That is the least important thing I've ever seen people care about so fervently.

20. rego0012

rego0012 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    stand alone robot mode seals the easy pass for me. its pretty bare bones and cheap looking
    though, ill prob get the CC version when my company starts setting up booths there this year just to keep in its box as a display piece