Ultimate Generations Gift Set problems

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by SectorStar, Nov 20, 2012.

1. SectorStar

SectorStar Knightcron

So I ordered this from Wal-Mart, and I found it to be pretty disappointing. Jazz has always been a favorite of mine and I liked the original mold so no problems with that.

Next I get to the Legends figs of Motorbreath and Thundercracker, unless mine was just missing them, there were no instructions included for those 2? Granted these are Legends and not overly complicated, but I don't own a previous mold of any of the versions before. Motorbreath I figured out pretty easily but it took me a few minds to figure out what to do with the arms with Thundercracker.

Next I get to the Combat Hero Prime. I had actually wanted the original mold a few years ago pretty bad, I just was never able to get it due to it being in the wave that most retailers didn't bother ordering for fear it would clog up the pegs for DOTM toys. This has gotta be one of the worst figures ever in terms of pegs and flaps and everything staying put when trying to put it in vehicle mode. I'm almost afraid I'm gonna break something with the "flap" things by the middle tires being REALLY close together unless I just mistranformed something. In the box the figure was holding its sword, when I took it out his hand I noticed there was stress marks on the inside of the hand already.....great. I mainly bought this because I wanted to order the new MakeToys battle trailers that are coming out and I figured the blue one coming out for the Magnus version of this toy would still probably look ok with the similar colors. I'm hopping the extra weapons/add ons for this don't add further stress marks/damage to this toy....

2. azdragon58

azdragon58 Well-Known Member

Well, if you change your mind and dont want him let me know... I would take him off your hands at a good price... I really like that mold of Prime...

3. SectorStar

SectorStar Knightcron

Its not bad enough to where I hate it enough to get rid of it, just one those moments where I stop and think about some of the problems I noticed and like to see what the rest of the fandom's thoughts and opinion are on it.

4. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    I actually had not problem with mine. On a side note though my FOC Onslaught has stressmarks on his gun (that attaches to his back in combined mode)

5. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    I'd say keep your prime, buy the new FOC Magnus and do a head swap to make him awesome. :) 

6. JukeOutlander

JukeOutlander Combat Antihero

News Credits:
    On a side note, do you guys have any idea if the set will be at Wal-Mart this Black Friday?

7. SectorStar

SectorStar Knightcron

The Wal-Mart Black Friday Ad is actually already on their website, and despite there being 3-4 pages worth of toys, it has no transformers in there from what I could tell.

Unfortunately transformers isn't really the dominate "action figure aisle" toy right now like its been for the last few years, its mostly all Avengers and other super hero merchandise.....

8. JukeOutlander

JukeOutlander Combat Antihero

News Credits:
    No TFs at all? Dang. At least last year there were some PCCs.

9. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

I hope they decided to leave out Transformers and make it a surprise.

10. jametron

jametron Halfway to Heaven, under horsepower of my own…

News Credits:
    I'm thinking they left TF's out because they already sell. Think about it, it's black friday people. They wanna clear out the shit that is lingering and NOT selling. i.e. Avengers, Amazing Spider-Man, Dark Knight Rises, WWE etc etc etc...

11. SectorStar

SectorStar Knightcron

Well they're not selling well at mine anyways, I'm sure the fact that its the same 3 figures restocked over and over again doesn't have much to do with it <_< The newest things I've seen in the first wave of FOC figures and just a buncha Prime Wheeljacks and Knockouts with maybe 1 or 2 Kups and Rumbles here and there that are usually gone pretty quick. I ordered the G2 Bruticus because I know I'll probably never see it in stores and by the time I do I might not even want it anymore

12. jametron

jametron Halfway to Heaven, under horsepower of my own…

News Credits:
    Well yeah, the TF sections in my area have plenty of "peg-warmers" (i.e. Prime BB and FOC Optimus) too, but take a good look at the Avengers, Amazing Spider-Man and DKR sections... ain't no one buying that stuff like they do TF's.

I'm just saying, by and large, Black Friday sales are primarily a chance for stores to get rid of stuff that isn't moving. They're not giving us all these great sales out of the goodnes of their hearts!