Ultimate Avengers Mini-Review: A+

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by DevilzFan, Feb 18, 2006.

1. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

^^^It was the Hulk. I was trying to say that I would've liked it much better if the "primary threat" was someone with a lot of oomphf behind his name, like Magneto or Dr. Doom or even that Nazi dude from the opening few minutes reappearing. Generic aliens was kind of a letdown of a villain, considering the high quality of the rest of the movie.

2. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Bad Luck Incarnate

The Hulk doesn't have alot of "oomphf" behind his name? I take offence to that. :lol 

3. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Uh oh.. don't make him angry.. you wouldn't like him when he is angry..

4. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

News Credits:
    I watched it, I liked it. However the book is definately better than the movie. I so wanted Cap to just bust banner in the jaw. But NOOOOO!

Also, everytime Fury talked, all I could hear was Green lantern.

5. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

I thought the same thing too. And the scary part is it's two totally different voice actors.

Phil LaMarr = GL

Andre Ware = Fury

6. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

News Credits:
    Yea, I double checked that because I didn't believe it at first.

7. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

Ditto! I still can't believe that they're two different actors. I even thought it was the same man using different names (hey, Steve Blum/David Lucas does this, and I still don't know what his real name is), but IMDB haa a picture of Andre Ware, and I was like, "WHOA. That's not Phil Lamarr!"

8. Spartan-117

Spartan-117 Well-Known Member

It was good, but I think A+ is being overly generous. The voice acting was somewhat weak and without emotion. Thor was a big let down as his way of talking was leaning more towards the 616 style of speech.
    On the plus side the action was better than I expected, I've been massivley spoiled after watching Advent Children so I was expecting the action to be boring. Cap' kicked all sorts of ass and they really made the effort to show off how hard the fighting was - eg Cap smashing people into walls and the walls cracking, Iron Man getting his armour banged up etc.
    The one bit I was really looking forward to was the opening sequence and return of Kleisser. The opening sequence was a bit meh. The fortress looked far better in the comic and they appeared to be making the attack in broad daylight, which didn't make much sense. It was cool that he actually fought with Kleisser though, although I'd prefer that he came back to fight again rather than just disappear.

9. Shipwreck

Shipwreck Will smack your bitch

As a huge Ultimates fan I was not very impressed because its not Ultimates. If this had been a straight adaptation of the Ultimates with some neat things added into it, it would have been a lot better. The only thing that was good about this was Iron Man's armor since his Ultimate Armor is a lot dumber.

10. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

Saw this at Wondercon in San Francisco the weekend before last with my girlfriend and her anime-loving friend (female). I'm a huge Avengers/Ultimates fan and they don't know much about them at all (but the gf is learning) and we all agreed that until the battle royale (if you've seen it, you know which one), it was pretty lame and rather boring. A lot of the dialogue, especially in the opening sequence was rather contrived and dull. Also, in the Wondercon room, we had a damn hard time understanding Iron Man, but it was a somewhat cool voice. Pick it up (or better yet, rent it if possible) just for the big battle as it was a good time had by all. On eother minor thing I liked was that I thought the aliens themselves were rather cleverly designed and I really liked the abilities they demonstrated in the military base near the film's middle.

11. Metal Soldier

Metal Soldier The Robot

Well worth buying imo. I'll be watching it again later this week when I have the time.

12. Shipwreck

Why on earth did they also tease like Black Window was interested in Cap? That destroys the whole plot of Tony and her getting married.

13. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    OK am I the only one that watched the trailer for part two? The nazi guy will be back in the second movie also the sequel will not continue to mirror the comics as the next film focuses on wakanda and the black panther

14. Shipwreck

I think most of us downloaded it... which is why we didn't see the trailer haha

15. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    oh I dont download movies cuz stealing is wrong, i just assumed you guys were able to spend 12 bucks

16. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

Yes, I did download it. Because I got to see it 5 days before it was released. :p 

I have since purchased the DVD though.

17. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

Is it just me or is Black Panther's costume absolutely blows? He looks like the male version of Catwoman that those 2 cat ears standing out like that. What's wrong with giving him old costume with some updates?

18. Dalarsco

Dalarsco Kickback=ROCK

So part two is going to be nothing like the real part two? Lame. They should do a live action movie based on both volumes, keeping in all the juicy bits.

19. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

I'm a HUGE DCAU fan, and I really liked this movie.

20. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Drat, outsmarted by a Lorry, I am disgraced

I am the opposite I wish they woulh have made it a more faithful reenactment of vol 1, sure I would have already know what happens but so what I already know what happens ever time I reread a story.