UK: Age of Extinction out on July 5th!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Shizuka, Jun 10, 2014.

1. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. Scorpio

Scorpio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks for the news update :3

Slightly less pissed off...but still fairly pissed off considering it was delayed due to football ¬_¬

Still enough time to catch it online before the UK Release though so I'm still teetering on the edge as to whether I see it in cinemas or not.

Feeling sorry for the countries that have to wait months for this.

3. Ironhide1234

Ironhide1234 Here.

News Credits:
    How do you make/post on the news feed? I posted this around 2 hours ago in the Movie discussion thread...?

4. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    Only mods can do it.

5. ArmadaSentinel

ArmadaSentinel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeeeessssss. (BW Megatron style)

Weird that it will come out on a Saturday, most films come out on a Thursday :S

6. Oracle_Aesir

Oracle_Aesir Outback is back

News Credits:
    Why was it delayed due to football?

And don't watch it online, that just harms the income to the film

7. Taziir

Taziir Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The movie has been delayed in numerous countries due to the World Cup: http://www.businessweek.com/article...er-movies-like-transformers-age-of-extinction

Luckily someone at the studio realised England's glory football days are over and are going to crash and burn early, so the UK will need something sweet to relieve the tedium of watching professionals play football with real skill :p 

8. Matt-o-matic

Matt-o-matic Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah it wasn't delayed because of football, it just had a later release date than the US because we nearly always have a later release date than the US. Some countries have had their date delayed through the World Cup, but it's a delay to their original date when might've been different to the US one in the first place...

9. Scorpio

Scorpio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Taziir has answered that question for me - but yes, it was delayed due to the world cup. They were fearing that the world cup would drive away profits because they viewed the majority of Transformers fans as football obsessed fanatics who wouldn't be able to see the film regardless of the fact the cinema showings occur throughout the day.

Due to them pushing the film back and treating me as one of those fanatics I feel that me giving money to people who will essentially mess around with the release date in certain locations because of football (something I don't watch) is an unwise choice. Not to mention that every other Transformers film I've seen in cinemas has been swarmed by immature and frankly rather rude members of the public - which just makes me question why I even bother seeing those films when the majority of the local audience of the films seems to shine a bad light on the TF fanbase.

If the film is good then I'll end up seeing it in cinemas - but with over a week or so to wait (Considering the film will be online in good quality within 2-3 days of release) I cant warrant waiting longer for a film that we should have already gotten at the same release as the US.

In short;
    Release date; 27th June
    Good quality version online by; 30th June
    UK Release date; 5th July

10. shade360

shade360 Well-Known Member

Still no reason to watch an illegal pirated copy..

11. Cman710

Cman710 Well-Known Member

Well, slightly disappointed since I'm not one of the UK people. LOL Found it kinda cool that one of the TF movies would be released on my birthday, even if it was for a different country. XD

12. Matt-o-matic

Matt-o-matic Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You obviously didn't read my post. The later date of release is nothing to do with the world cup. If it is, what exactly was the reason for TF1-3 being released later in the UK than in the US? Movies just often come out with some difference between the release date between the US and the rest of the world.

You'll see countries with a release date after the final on the 13th, those are the ones where it was delayed specifically because of the football. Ours was just the normal lag behind we nearly always have with movies.