Two Transformer movies at the same

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by sideswipe3, Mar 15, 2019.

1. sideswipe3

sideswipe3 Well-Known Member

Anyone think it is possible that they might give us two universes at the same time.

One that is from the Bay era and picks up after TLK.

The other from the Knight era picks up after Bumblebee and is a reboot.

I would prefer them to just use Bumblebee to reboot everything but I would not be shocked if they give us two different movie series at the same time since that is something that happens a lot now with other long-running franchises.

2. MV95

MV95 @marlinfan1995 Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    It would be a massive mistake

• Like Like x 12
  3. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The only way I could see that working is if one series were animated. I think two series' at the same time would be confusing. Audiences want some form of consistency.

• Like Like x 7
  4. Galvatross

Galvatross Put down the kool-aid Veteran

I think it's wise not to rush to judgment at this point in time.

That said, I wouldn't be opposed to it entirely IF maybe one of the film series was animated and the other live action, kind of like Into the Spiderverse and the main live action Spider Man films.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Appleseed

Appleseed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For me is ok.. As long as the direction are good and story is thrill. They need to choose a good director for both is the main point.

• Like Like x 6
  6. TheWarPathGuy

TheWarPathGuy Sorry, I just look very gouda. That was cheesy.

Might be seen as too confusing to the casuals. But might not be as confusing as the Marvel films, seeing how the MCU, fan4stic, Venom, X-Men, and the Amazing Spider-Man films all came out around the same time and might of confused casuals on if all of the films take place in the same universe.

• Like Like x 2
  7. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    I think there would need to be a distinction between the aesthetics if they're going to use the same characters, and give a subtitle for one of the series.
    Or they could have a series featuring other TFs...

• Like Like x 3
  8. Wheeljack84

Wheeljack84 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    No.

9. HawaiianBro808

HawaiianBro808 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    thats copying Marvel...

10. PrimeSlave

PrimeSlave Well-Known Member

While I wouldn't actually prefer it, I also wouldn't be too disappointed if they manage to make the thing interesting enough.

I mean, it sounds cool enough if they'll do the 80's thing with Bumblebee and sequels and the codename "TLK sequel" (that won't really be a sequel per se, I think) would be set in a completely different setting and atmosphere, with more of a dystopic and gritty edge to it. AOE and TLK really gave pretty neat setting that was never really used properly, so even though they turned out rather weak for the most part, there's at least some interesting stuff to take some inspiration from and therefore I'm definitely not against them making a loose sequel, as long as it's fresh enough and doesn't really contradict with Bumblebee too much. Just take the near-future world and some of the aestethics and mix it up with a little bit of G1, UT and comics and it might work.

Just an outline of a scenario where "TLK sequel" wouldn't be as bad idea as it might sound. It's not like the continuity worked in previous films anyway, so taking liberties to give this things a fresh start wouldn't be that bad.

Possible sources of inspiration: Rhytms of Darkness and X-Men: Days of the Future Past setting.

Not that it'd happen this way, but hey, just saying. I hope they'll pursue different threads though, as much as I'd like to see some of the actually good Bayformers story elements to be properly fleshed out and finished. There was an immense amount of pure garbage around, but also some neat story and character concepts that were never truly properly used.

But yeah, I really wouldn't freak out just yet. We'll see...

• Like Like x 1
  11. sideswipe3

sideswipe3 Well-Known Member

That' mainly how I got the idea since they copied Marvel with the cinematic universe I figured they might copy them again
    I think that would be a neat idea since some fans want a film that is a cartoon while others just want live action films.

It might also make cartoon Transformers good again feel free to disagree but the last Transformer cartoon I liked was animated didn't really like anything after.

• Like Like x 3
  12. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    Yeah, I'm wondering if they may continue the series but with a similar tone to Bumblebee (more family friendly) and with retconning to match the Bumblebee history using flashbacks and prequels.