Two New IDW Ongoing Series in Jan - MTMTE and RID

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Tony_Bacala, Oct 20, 2011.

1. xZAOx

xZAOx Yep.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I understand your point but...we kinda heard the exact same thing two other times already.

Except this point, pretty much everyone is interested in what Roche and Roberts can do together again (depending on how long it stays them two).

FWIW, I'm enjoying the Chaos build-up at least. First time in the on-going I've been interested.

2. thebruteslayer

thebruteslayer Banned

News Credits:
    There is no word of Scourge or Sky-Byte in the RID comic. DAMN YOU MISLEADING TITLES!!! It would have been one of the comics I would have been looking forward to reading.

3. ZacWilliam

ZacWilliam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Except we've Had TF stories by all these people before and they've been great. Heck, Robert's have been some of the best TF stories ever. That makes all the difference.

-ZacWilliam, before it was IDW saying guys would write good new TF stories and they gave us a mess, now they've actually hired the guys the fans have praised for giving us good new TF stories. This is the right choiceat last. :) 

4. hellrasinbrasin

hellrasinbrasin Well-Known Member

I actually like whats going right Rodimus is Leading his own Unit while the real heavy lifting will be on bee's end on Post War Cybertron.

At some point yes Prime will be back he never stays dead he's the kenny of Transformers.

5. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    I'm sure it's a balancing act. They try to calculate how many new or lapsed readers they think they can entice with a jumping on point versus how many longtime continuing readers they might alienate or irritate with the same thing.

6. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ugh I hope Roche isn't on this book long. Not a fan of his art. Looks more Disney/Looney Toons than Transformers. Just give art to Guido, Marcelo, EJ

7. Wadeledge

Wadeledge Wrecker

Forgive me for being horribly uninformed but are they continuing the original Marvel stories in addition to this?

8. ZacWilliam

News Credits:
    Yes. Later in the year.

9. Protoman

Protoman The Legendary One Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Hmmmm Rodimus just LOVES going into space for the "future of Cybertron", be it Headmasters, Superlink/Energon or this.

I know which book I will be reading feverishly

10. mugen_prime

mugen_prime Well-Known Member

I'll give the first couple issues of each book a chance. But to be honest, the premise sounds a bit lame to me. But the fact that they FINALLY have truly good writers and artists on these again makes me willing to give it a chance. The only way it'll actually be good is if the "peace" is short lived.

11. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

I am very skeptical about this whole direction. One storyline on Cybertron, and one story in space. No Earth setting? Sorry... you're losing me right away... :( 

If I stick with this (still contingent on if they impress me with Chaos), I'll probably go with the inappropriately named "Robots in Disguise" storyline on Cybertron (why would they need to disguise themselves on Cybertron, eh?). It seems like it has more potential for interesting, nuanced ongoing stories, rather than a "planet-of-the-week" quest structure like the Rodimus title.

zmog

12. prime326

prime326 Autobot Leader

News Credits:
    I would have liked the ongoing to continue as one book but I will be along for both rides here. Hope Prime doesnt stay dead for too long.

13. jaws

jaws Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just printed the 2 groups of cover art, they make sweet panoramic panels when fitted together.

14. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    Sooo...

Rodimus is now Wolverine (I mean seriously, have you seen that pose?) and Bumblebee is a nicer Cyclops? :D 

15. ZacWilliam

News Credits:
    1) Both of these are by different creative teams than Chaos, so pre-judging them by Chaos is rather rediculous.

2) Nothing said has hinted that MtMtE will have a "planet of the week" format and given that Roberts previous writing has been VERY nuanced I would expect it to be quite nicely developed and deep.

16. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Roberts' name is what gives me hope for that book. Otherwise, I agree with the poster you quoted that the RiD premise sounds more filled with potential for interesting storylines. Maybe some political intrigue, shifting alliances and backstabbing. Throwing Decepticons and neutral Cybertronians in among the Autobots is a great set-up for developing characters and possibly seeing some interactions we never have before.

Wandering around the galaxy on a vague quest seems a lot less interesting of a premise to me. But yeah, after the great Optimus/Megatron origin issues, Roberts' name does carry plenty of weight for me, so I will check MTMtE out. Plus, of all the characters featured on any of the 8 covers, Rodimus and Magnus are the ones I most want to read about. I wish they were the ones staying on Cybertron.

17. WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit Uncounted Outlier

News Credits:
    This.

These books are in good hands, rest assured.

18. Soulmaster

Soulmaster Well-Known Member

yeah, sure...

anyways, I like the covers, can't wait to see how the story will continue :p  (and I don't really think they're going to appear in WfC style, maybe it was just for the cover)

19. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Phew, glad we've got you here to speak for all fans and let us know what we do and don't like.

20. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Really?

You mean this guy right? :) 

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]