TW1022 Tian Flame (KO SS-32/44 mold Optimus Prime)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by TF Hot Rod, Aug 3, 2022.

1. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    So I got this guy with the CY01A trailer and the add accessories from Aliexpress for $45. I have to say, it's an interesting figure to say the least. If you are going to get this, get the TW-1022A version. That is the newest version made with alloy (hence the A). This is the figure that won't fall apart as you try to transform it. I can confirm as I have transformed this thing 5x already.

Tolerances:
    Instead of using pins on the figure, Baiwei uses screws. Which could be both a positive and negative. For my figure, I needed to loosen every screw to get the tolerances feeling right. But that is nice, especially if the factory doesn't strip the screws. The only problem I could see for some one is if they did strip the screws.

Plastic:
    In regards to plastic, I have to say it feels cheap. But I do recall transforming some other SS figures that I also thought felt cheap. By cheap, I mean the plastic feels thin. Initially, I thought it would be brittle as well, but it is not brittle. Since the above mention tolerances were tight, I would move the pieces and they would bend a bit, but never broke.

Accessories:
    For the weapons that come with the trailer, for every item that is painted, it will be very tight in his hand. This is because the unpainted tolerances were made for the hand, not the painted tolerances. So you have to be careful there if you get the CY01A trailer with him. The pieces will be tight. But if you get him, the trailer and the accessories. You are getting a butt load of pretty cool stuff.

Paint:
    The best way to say it, is that the paint apps are very limited. I know this figure is cheap, but it would have been nice to get more paint apps. Especially after seeing what happened With SS102 KOs.

Overall:
    This really has nothing to do with the Baiwei, but more with Hasbro and this figure. After playing with the Bumblebee and ROTB SS figures, this leaves a lot to be desired. The transformation is interesting. The alt mode is decent. I wish it had the orange in it as well, but it is what it is. My main problem is with it in bot mode. Optimus just fees anorexic to me. He is skinny. It may not be fair to compare him to SS102, but I have both of them on my table, and one looks like something to be afraid of and the other looks like it needs to bulk up to compete in the big leagues.

In terms of if you should buy this KO. I would say, if you don't mind loosening a bunch of screws, don't mind limited paint apps, and don't mind what Hasbro did with the mold, go for it. Just make sure to get the A (Alloy) version.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Zodiac1968340

Zodiac1968340 Beast Wars fan

News Credits:
    New deco with yellow on the flame parts:
    下載 (65).png 下載 (66).png

• Like Like x 10
  3. Alucard77

News Credits:
    Of course, right after I got mine. Love how that works.

• Like Like x 4
  4. ThePrimeCustoms

ThePrimeCustoms Plastic lover/painter

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Still no accurate flames tho but I know this will do for most

• Like Like x 1
  5. Stardiver

Stardiver Toy enjoyer

Son of a bitch, I only bought the metallic last month. Whatever.

6. smiller0570

smiller0570 Maximal

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well this was no surprise. Looks really good though for the most part and I may actually pick this version up just so I can have a Bayverse Prime for my desk.

Last edited: May 9, 2024
  7. averagetfcollector07

averagetfcollector07 Well-Known Member

I'm split on this one, more towards the pessimistic end. The orange paint and silver for the vehicle parts are nice, but I think it would've been better just keeping the robot mode limb parts gunmetal like on the metallic release. The silver feels overwhelming and inaccurate.

• Like Like x 2
  8. TheGamingDino65

TheGamingDino65 Active Member

Seems too shiny for my taste it hurts my eyes. And the orange fade looks cheap. You might as well just buy the toyhax stickers. *god im just waiting for baiwei to do new kos like blackout or starscream

9. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I'd love to see what they could do with Starscream, but I'm also really hoping for a leader class mold in SS that's entirely new.

• Like Like x 1
  10. bacems

bacems Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    SS starscream mold that have ankle tilt and not OS would be an absolute joy.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Easterburn

Easterburn Your friendly neighborhood Digibasher

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:

• Like Like x 2
  12. ObakaChanTachi

ObakaChanTachi Voyager Class

News Credits:
    I'm really really hoping this guy is slightly upscaled like their ROTF Megatron & Shockwave. SS-32's size kept me from getting him for literal years. I just couldn't overlook it until very recently. If they upscale him to be at least as tall as Evasion, I'd have my dream Optimus.

13. TheGamingDino65

TheGamingDino65 Active Member

if they are planning on doing lets say the rotf version i would like them to colour him in a dark gray like the mpm rotf version instead of that nasty white really ruins his tattoos [​IMG]

14. Shmoptimus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I have the OSKO tattoo Starscream but the official one really tempts me because it does indeed have the best plastic color of any version of this mold!

15. bacems

bacems Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I personally prefer the normal jet color. Never a fan of those tattoos.

• Like Like x 2
  16. timorvitae

timorvitae Well-Known Member

17. Alucard77

News Credits:
    The paint on this so much better overall. This is def a better version than the last.

18. Shmoptimus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    So I got the upgrade head from dino model shop ($35 shipped) and it looked great on my baiwei metallic optimus, but something about it seemed off to me, plus it couldn't transform with the head on, so I did a little experimenting, moving the neck plate back with the head on, seeing where the clearance issues were, etc, and then it hit me: the neck is just too long for the new head! So I cut the ball joint off the neck, shaved down the neck plate about 0.5cm, and glued the neck ball joint back on and BAM, HE CAN TRANSFORM WITH THE NEW HEAD ON, not only that, but it actually looks way better in robot mode too! The neck doesn't look weirdly long and it helps the proportions so so much. I'm in love with this figure all over again!

Before mod:
    IMG_3342.jpg

During mod:
    IMG_3344.JPG

After mod!
    IMG_3345.jpg
    IMG_3346.JPG

• Like Like x 6
  19. ThePrimeCustoms

ThePrimeCustoms Plastic lover/painter

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    You're the man Shmop! Definitely doing this once mine arrives

• Like Like x 1
  20. smiller0570

smiller0570 Maximal

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That is a very nice looking Optimus figure and that head just completes it!!!!! I told myself I was done with kos but seeing this pics here are making me change my mind!!! How are the tolerances on this Metallic version?? I was seeing the new Metallic one with the flame details but didn't know if it would be better than this one. Though you're has a darker grey than the bright silver the newer one has.

See I've been thinking between these two
    Screenshot_20240522_224210_Samsung Internet.jpg Screenshot_20240522_224157_AliExpress.jpg
    I love the SS05 mold and the PF just makes it look 10times better but.....I'm liking the look of the new ko. I just need to see in hand pics of it first though!!!! Is it metallic as yours but with bright silver? I'm not sure

Last edited: May 24, 2024
    • Like Like x 2