TW-GS01 Toyworld Not wheeljack/exhaust (legends scale)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Jhund, Aug 23, 2018.

1. Spiffy

Spiffy Well-Known Member

To be fair, no matter how well MST does the bot mode, it's highly unlikely the alt will be as good as this one.. the lines, the hard plastic, the decals are all just right. MST will be much more simple. That said, I'm picking up the IF one !

• Like Like x 3
  2. Spiffy

Spiffy Well-Known Member

Uh oh. You might have lost the customs inspection lottery. Nothing infuriates more than waiting three extra weeks to pay two quid VAT and an eight quid ''handling" fee.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Cha Chi

Cha Chi Minimondomayhem

News Credits:
    I contacted tf express, they say it is common. Waiting three weeks for it to be scanned in the uk. It must have come off the plane and just put in corner with the post people saying screw it we will process those later.

Not filled with confidence on future orders.

4. Spiffy

Spiffy Well-Known Member

It's not TF-express' fault.. hopefully you're right and it's not flagged for a customs check. That's why I try when I can to use TF-Express' UK based shipping website for orders... It might take longer as the UK store needs to be stocked first then shipped, but I'd rather not risk the customs charge. I have to say though, that every chinese eBay order has wormed through for me just fine so far, but every package from the US has been flagged and slapped with a charge. I wonder why they are treated differently.

5. DogFriedRice

DogFriedRice Well-Known Member

Maybe because a lot of Chinese sellers mark down the price. US sellers will never do that.
    I've been hit a few times with packages from China though. I usually avoid those stores afterwards.

6. Cha Chi

Cha Chi Minimondomayhem

News Credits:
    I generaly don't worry about customs because i only buy legends figures which don't cost alot over customs limit. Have not had custom charges ever on tfs... Yes i ordered from tf direct in the hope it would come fast, that didn't pay off and probably would be better going tfsexpress inhind sight. This length of time from tfdirect i have not experienced before so there was no way of knowing that.

And yes generally chinese sellers mark things down and label as gift. In terms of comparisson with the US things are more likely to get hit. I don't buy so much from the us because usually postage is to high, since ebay did their international scheme postage made most things i'd buy to much overal. Ebay sellers just use the ebay scheme and don't offer postage direct to you...

Last edited: Dec 27, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Cha Chi

Cha Chi Minimondomayhem

News Credits:
    He arrived, three weeks to scan, one day to deliver.

Newage g1 bot mode.

image.jpeg

Mst mode/"legends+ mode. I saw some pictures and he looked shorter than mst swipe. He is actually about millimeter shorter - they are actually really the same size!

image.jpeg

Looks really good next to trailbreaker. Like him a lot very solid, good tolerances, nice transformation in the thighs. Biggest complaint is head could be bigger, they had the space so, and by his own body proportions head should be bigger. The tops of his torso looks a little plain and a bigger head would have helped there too. Also carbots must really have articulated shoulder weapons,isnt so bad because you can have slightly loose and arch it back. Apart from that his short forearms are not a big probem he makes up for lack of waist swivel because his head is on a balljoint(better than Mst in that respect). Also of course the alt is way better than mst too.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2018
    • Like Like x 11
  8. Doctortron

Doctortron Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Thanks for photo and reviews. I buyed it from HZJ. Not yet arrived.

9. WyldeBill

WyldeBill Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Ordered mine from suncn2010 on eBay. Left Beijing on 12/16. Hasn't showed up in the US yet.

10. RickyLeeSTF

RickyLeeSTF Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It’s really hit or miss this time of year with economy shipping. I ordered my Whisky Jack from Baba on the 13th and got it in ten days. The same day I ordered some items from Netclow and they’ve been stuck in ‘acceptance’ status for over ten days now.

I’m not worried because I know these trusted sellers did their part. It’s just wading thru the backlog of holiday post to get to its turn.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Cha Chi

Cha Chi Minimondomayhem

News Credits:
    Yes unlikely the mst alt will be as good as this. For me i would still potentially buy another WJ if he is better in other respects. This guy is very modelled after the first MP but if mst toon him up then great.

• Like Like x 1
  12. diecast17

diecast17 Well-Known Member

Toy World Christmas Edition TW-GS01 Waste Gas (Not Legends Scale Exhaust) Review

• Like Like x 1
  13. robotmel

robotmel Junkyard Zombie

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    :) 
    Lucky draw shiny Jacky! C/O Toyworld on Weibo.

006acUHogy1fyb0tqmxcij32o03k0npe.jpg
    006acUHogy1fyb0tnfy28j32o03k0hdu.jpg 006acUHogy1fyb0tugkrwj32o03k0x6q.jpg 006acUHogy1fyb0tzqi3yj33k02o04qs.jpg 006acUHogy1fyb0uap2ryj32o03k04qw.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  14. bigwhitey21

bigwhitey21 Well-Known Member

I'm really loving my Waste Gas and Whisky Jack. The transformations are a little simplistic and it could use waist and thigh articulation, but for me, the paint apps and all around look more than make up for it.
    I'm really hoping they keep making legends figures. I really would like to see a Jazz from them with all the racing livery on him.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Krooked

Krooked Well-Known Member

its a great little figure. really nice paint and plastic....limited articulation compared to the newer legends tho...no waist swivel, no thigh swivel. and a hair too small for my MS/dx9 shelf but he works. definitely getting exhaust.

• Like Like x 1
  16. kingmob75

kingmob75 Kreon

News Credits:
    I couldn't agree with this more - I absolutely LOVE these little dudes, and everyone who sees them [whether they're Transformers fans or not] says "Whoa, cool!!".

Whiskey Jack is currently hanging out on my side table with NewAge Bumblebee, and I grin like an idiot when I see them together every morning when I get up.

20181227_180544.jpg

Bring on more Carbots - in addition to Jazz, I'd love to see a Mirage with all of his livery as well.

• Like Like x 10
  17. WyldeBill

WyldeBill Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    My little feller finally came today. Looks like someone took a shrink ray to the Masterpiece version. Stunning tampos.

• Like Like x 3
  18. chuckcjc

chuckcjc Wheeljack Engineer Corp.

News Credits:
    Just got this in. My TF Facebook friends were picking on the hollow legs and the gimpy forearms. I think they are nuts.

I think this figure is amazing, and simply gorgeous. Not bothered by the lack of thigh cuts as his hips allow quite a bit of outward hip rotation.

I am having trouble getting his shoulder cannon to stay in the shoulder. It doesn't seem that the peg hole is designed for that shoulder gun if that makes any sense.

19. FredVIII

FredVIII human germ!

They look fantastic together!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Krooked

Krooked Well-Known Member

he's solid. give him the shake test...no loose rattly parts like some other toys. even the wheels are tightened just right.

• Like Like x 1