Turnover of Transformers toys customer base

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by rikkomba, Sep 6, 2021.

1. rikkomba

rikkomba Hunger

I was wondering if there is any data available to understand the turnover of Transformers toy customers.
    e.g. "for toyline X, what is the fraction of customers which stays on and buys new toys from toyline Y, and what is the fraction of customers who disengage and stop buying".

This would especially be interesting in the context of at least three toylines (X, Y and Z).
    I assume there would be a few interesting categories:
    1. stall: both toylines Z and Y do not show significance change in customer base from the previous toyline (Y, X)
    2. continued growth: both toylines Z and Y had an increase, and the increase encountered by toyline Z is higher than the decrease by toyline Y
    3. slowdown: both toyline Z and Y had an increase, but the increase encountered by toyline Z is lower than the increase by toyline Y
    4. acceleration: both toyline Z and Y had an increase, but the increase encountered by toyline Z is higher than the increase by toyline Y
    5. inversion: toyline Y had a significant increase in customer base, but toyline Z had a higher decrease
    6. contraction: both toyline Z and toyline Y show significant decrease in customer base from the previous toyline, of similar magnitude
    7. partial retention: both toyline Z and Y had a decrease, but the decrease encountered by toyline Z is smaller than the decrease by toyline Y
    8. crisis: both toyline Z and Y had a decrease, but the decrease encountered by toyline Z is higher than the decrease by toyline Y
    9. recovery: toyline Y had a significant decrease in customer base, but toyline Z had a higher increase
    it would great to have some data points to see which series fits what. Thoughts?

2. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm sure there's a whole team at Hasbro tracking all of this stuff! Unfortunately, peasants like us aren't going to be privy to such data. I suppose you get get some kind of feel if you worked for a retailer who sells TFs and could access their sales data. Or, maybe track shipment volumes of product coming from the manufacturer(s). Maybe @Jtprime17 has some insights?

• Like Like x 1