TungMung-EX TMT-01 Movie DOTM Soundwave

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Markatron, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):

All i can say it's that i'm glad Yuya onishi brought a simple yet not-so bad solution to solve the back on the bots who end up havin the roof on it.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Unicron the Chaos Bringer

Unicron the Chaos Bringer Protecc this smile!

News Credits:
    From what I can see it seems to have ratcheted hips going outwards which is always a good thing. One thing that worries me is the seeming lack of an ankle tilt, but hopefully that's not the case.

EDIT: the prototype pics seem very reminiscent of generation toy's style

• Like Like x 1
  3. TF Hot Rod

TF Hot Rod Legacy TFA enjoyer

News Credits:
    I do see a pin for a ankle tilt above the tire.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Unicron the Chaos Bringer

Unicron the Chaos Bringer Protecc this smile!

News Credits:
    The pin seems to be a transformation pin, besides, I don't think pins make too great of ankle joints, but we'll see

• Like Like x 2
  5. Olivus Prime

Olivus Prime Space Ranger

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Holy shit, that came from nowhere. Too bad he's part of the unnecessary MPM carbot scale though.

• Like Like x 4
  6. jbvirus

jbvirus Autobot

Welp looks like the MPM line is going to be the main line I will be collecting for awhile. All we need is a new Starscream, crossing fingers for the new version of him from the BB movie.

• Like Like x 7
  7. KayODave

KayODave Still a grey prototype

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Wow, HasTak is gonna have their hands full besting this guy with a potential MPM version.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

I'm really, really, really hopeful about this. But also quite cautious. Alien Attack's Dino and TF Evo's Hot Rod, I'm not purchasing a company's first transforming toy until after it has received several positive reviews.

Also....eeeeeek. Anyone else worried that Mercedes might sue this company?

• Like Like x 2
  9. BWfan86

BWfan86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Surprised this company decided to copy the car logo, too. They are asking for legal trouble

• Like Like x 2
  10. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 27
  11. Applejacktimus

Applejacktimus Still see the Sunshine

Why is everyone jumping ship to oversized "MPM" scale now? The MPM line isn't even in scale with itself. Why not just go with the old scale, where we can use pre-existing figures too? They'd at least be in scale with MPM Prime and Ironhide...

He's not even in scale with Bumble, either! Soundwave was 16 feet, same as him; so this figure doesn't scale with anything, except... Hot Fire? And we all know how much we loved him, right?

If they can at least fix his size so he's actually in scale with Bumble and Barricade like they say he is, I'll forgive it. I won't buy it, but plenty of people enjoy those two.

• Like Like x 4
  12. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The MPM scale allows room for all the extra parts and junk. It's difficult to be able to get a figure this accurate and detailed at deluxe size, while also being durable and not a fiddly mess to handle.

• Like Like x 5
  13. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Holy hell this looks amazing! And it’s actually transformable! And he has a gun AND Laserbeak??? Hell yeah. I’m definitely interested.

• Like Like x 2
  14. calubin175

calubin175 Well-Known Member

I am not expecting a simple transformation, but is everyone expecting it to be better than MPMs and maybe almost as good as UT Lockdown?

• Like Like x 2
  15. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Huh. I have no real interest in Bayformers stuff. I’ve picked up a few of the Primes and Megatrons for my leaders collection and they’re decent enough. But I got burned when I bought the TFEvo Hot Rod on a silly whim, so will generally be steering clear of other Bay stuff...

BUT... I really like the Laserbeak that comes with this. That’s an awesome little skeletal dragon/dinosaur/flying robot thingamajig. I wonder if I’d be able to get Laserbeak on his own somehow. Either find someone willing to sell me theirs or (probably unlikely) if this thing eventually ends up somewhere on deep discount, buy the whole thing just for Laserbeak.
    The car is a nice alt mode though.

• Like Like x 2
  16. sideswipe29

sideswipe29 Collect what makes you happy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    That's a compelling argument but Alien Attack's Firage is an excellent case against it. I know some feel he's a little too fiddly but I think that figure shows that you can have detail and complexity in a small package.

I don't necessary mind if Soundwave a little bigger than Bee. He was bulky in the film and I'd like to see that represented in a figure of him but only if he still fits within the old size classes.

Maybe people like me are screwed for not jumping on the MPM bandwagon. Maybe companies that are creating MPM alikes are following the money but it's as I've said countless times before, it's hard for me to start my collection over when I've spent hundreds if not thousands of dollars on the old existing scale.

• Like Like x 7
  17. fleshling

fleshling Well-Known Member

[QUOTE="sideswipe29, post: 15930006, member: 97561”]Maybe companies that are creating MPM alikes are following the money but it's as I've said countless times before, it's hard for me to start my collection over when I've spent hundreds if not thousands of dollars on the old existing scale.[/QUOTE]

I completely agree. MPM is just too big. It even bigger than regular Masterpiece and is not self consistent Bee and Barricade and Prime don’t scale.

• Like Like x 4
  18. Applejacktimus

Applejacktimus Still see the Sunshine

I actually am expecting a fairly simple transformation - maybe not quite UT-tier simple-yet-genius, but he's not too difficult to figure out. All of the kibble is either where it should be or well-hidden on his legs and in his back. ...well, all except the doors, which should be on his back but aren't, probably to make hiding the arms in vehicle mode easier while keeping the working gull wing doors. He might be a bit fiddly, but Brobdingnagian (that was supposed to be "probably" but my ps4 suggested that and i couldn't resist) only as much as your average movie figure.

Also, my thoughts on the toy itself; damn near perfection, the only flaws I can think of are the missing doors on his back and the faux shoulder kibble, but I can totally forgive those. I'll be enjoying this guy from a distance through pics, in all his... oversized... out of scale... "glory"...

• Like Like x 5
  19. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    ummm

• Like Like x 2
  20. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's why I said "difficult" and not "impossible". Firage is pretty fiddly for his size though, and that design in MPM-scale would make it a lot easier to handle.

• Like Like x 5