Trypticon Chest Loose Issue

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by zeroomegazx, Jul 21, 2017.

1. zeroomegazx

zeroomegazx I'm watching you...

News Credits:
    I have seen a few posts about his chest being tough to poen, but mine i just got, wont stay shut at all ..... any thoughts on what might be wrong? Where are the tabs to keep it in place located?

2. TheDoctor

TheDoctor Well-Known Member

I got mine yesterday with that problem and the hip issue. There was a small gap in between where the two halves make up the torso under his neck. I opened the left deck to expose the screw holes and carefully tightened the top screw while pushing the two halves back together. That gave it enough tension to keep the door closed. Just be careful not to strip the screw by over tightening. I don't know why they didn't make a better locking mechanism for that when Full Tilt's weight pulls against it.

• Like Like x 2
  3. einhazard

einhazard Sentient Tapedeck

News Credits:
    Running into this as well. It was def. hard to open the first time but since then it's been pretty floppy. I can get it to stay sometimes, but Full-Tilt's weight pulls the chest open more often than not. I'll check mine when I get home and update.

4. zeroomegazx

zeroomegazx I'm watching you...

News Credits:
    This worked wonders for me man! Thank you for taking the time to reply, its tight enough to hold now!

5. ichnach

ichnach Predacon

News Credits:
    I had the exact same issues. Tightened the chest screws and cut 1 loop off the hip springs, now he is great.